Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Just want to get something off my chest >

Just want to get something off my chest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just want to get something off my chest

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default Just want to get something off my chest

hey guys i normally dont get caught up in things like this but i just wanted to get something off my chest. There on hundreds of posts on here about people getting scammed and bashing on the sellers and i completely understand. There are also a lot of honest people here that sell what they said they were selling, in the condion that they said its in, and ship it in the time that they said they would. But i will say this, i just sold and shipped 6 diffent things all around the same time. Everything was shipped the next day USPS priortiy mail, i sent them tracking, gave them all my number incase there was issues and they all received there stuff within 3 days. i take very good care of my stuff and i sell as if i was selling to a friend or to someone locally that i would see again so they all got everthing as listed in the time i said. The thing is i didnt received feedback from ANY of them nor did i get answered when i asked if they recevied everthing except for one and he said "yes everything was perfect ill leaved you feedback" and that was a few days ago and still no feedback. So my point is if your going to post about slow shiping poor repsonde time or poor products then you better at least give feedback to the honest ones and give respect where its needed, everytime we buy something we look at feedback and if there isnt any or its low then we get a little nervous but it hard to become a respected seller if they buyers arent going to show the love back. it seems like when you sell something all you get is did it ship? wheres my tracking? its not here yet where is it? im putting a claim in to paypal or im gona make a post on here blowing up your name but when they do get it in the time they wanted and in the condition they wanted they you never hear back from them well im tired of it and instead of all the posts about bad sellers what about the bad buyers? There can be bad buyers just like there are bad sellers out there and its time to expose them i think. sorry for the long post im just so aggravated about this for some reason
Old 11-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Unfortunately, negativity is louder than the positive.

Out of my feedback I probably have 20+ buyers/seller that never left me anything. Now as a seller I will not leave feedback until the buyer does. I need to make sure buyer is completely satisfied. There really is nothing you can do.....Well you could add all of those people that left you no feedback on your ignore list so you don't have to deal with them. But best thing is to move on and not let it bother you. I just bought something on here from a seller with a ton of feedback. I received no shipping notification or tracking (even though I asked for it several times through email and PM's). A week went by with no product. I was about to send 1 more email/pm to let them know if I don't receive tracking/item (something) then I would open paypal dispute. Sure enough it showed up at my door next day. But still, communication is critical with all transactions. I should probably leave at least a neutral for that one due to lack of communication but....meh....life goes on.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I agree with both of you. Seems the percentage of buyers and sellers not leaving feedback is growing. I have left this alone for awhile because I got tired of beating this dead horse. I leave buyer feedback when I know they are happy with sale. When I buy I leave it as soon as received .

Ps I started this for good buyers,sellers and traders.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...gative-so.html
Old 11-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I agree with both of you. Seems the percentage of buyers and sellers not leaving feedback is growing. I have left this alone for awhile because I got tired of beating this dead horse. I leave buyer feedback when I know they are happy with sale. When I buy I leave it as soon as received .
I also leave feedback as soon as I receive and item is as described.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

I've had at least part of this discussion before. Here's what I have come up with. I'll complain once in awhile. :-) . In the end I can only hold myself to my own standards. Not everyone is the same and if their standards are different . So be it.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I guess what I have found, especially with newer members is that the itrader deal is confusing. I usually watch the tracking, and when it shows delivered, I pm the buyer and ask if everything is good. If they dont have, or have not given itrader I ask if they are familiar with the feedback, and if they have any questions I will help walk them through it. There are a few that dont post much, and the one day they are on, they buy, do the Keyser Söze-- "And like that...he's gone"...
Old 11-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You guys are right, but I have dealt with some sellers on here, getting them to send me a tracking number or even letting me know they shipped the item, without a tracking number I might add, one guy I even paid a little extra too for just that and still didn't get one, so it's the flip side too. So it seems, for some, once the sell is done and they have the funds, well it's like pulling teeth for info. Their on to another deal. One guy, I took heat on for feedback in months past, I'm still not sure he wasn't thinking of not shipping, but was prompted too, by me starting a thread in here.
The best for something like that, is no feedback, if there is a doubt I was in wrong for questioning his lack of effort or info. But the fact was, he promised shipping, a day or two went by, I pm'd him for an update, took a day for a response and got the dance, he had to have his car serviced lol. Oil change? Tires rotated? Who knows? lol.

Lately the ones I have dealt with are awesome, letting me know what the plan is and when it shipped. And that's appreciated guys.

So yeah, if something comes up, just shoot the buyer an update. Let them know what is going on, since their $ are invested in a sell.
So it's the flip side also, not just new buyers, but some sellers as well.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I have a good 20+ as well who left no feedback. Most of them said yes all is good I'll leave feedback or no response.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stephan81
I have a good 20+ as well who left no feedback. Most of them said yes all is good I'll leave feedback or no response.
Same here. You'd think as they're reading it, how much trouble is it to return feedback right away!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I've stopped asking about things I've shipped. I check the tracking info to make sure it was delivered. I figure if 2 weeks have gone by since it was delivered, they'd let me know if there was an issue. Delete my PMs, archive my Paypal transactions and move on.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I've probably got over 80 that haven't left feedback, but it gets to a point where it's not worth the hassle and certainly not worth losing sleep over.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I've probably got over 80 that haven't left feedback, but it gets to a point where it's not worth the hassle and certainly not worth losing sleep over.
Agree, but I cant sleep either way so....
Old 11-26-2013, 10:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

At the end of the day, you do not 'have' to leave feedback.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:49 AM
Tech Lord

Post by TSR6 first post in thread

Responsibility

Fourth paragraph

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...3-25-13-a.html

Not that there is a way to enforce it just saying it's there and more of a suggestion than a rule.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Unfortunately, negativity is louder than the positive.

Out of my feedback I probably have 20+ buyers/seller that never left me anything. Now as a seller I will not leave feedback until the buyer does. I need to make sure buyer is completely satisfied. There really is nothing you can do.....Well you could add all of those people that left you no feedback on your ignore list so you don't have to deal with them. But best thing is to move on and not let it bother you. I just bought something on here from a seller with a ton of feedback. I received no shipping notification or tracking (even though I asked for it several times through email and PM's). A week went by with no product. I was about to send 1 more email/pm to let them know if I don't receive tracking/item (something) then I would open paypal dispute. Sure enough it showed up at my door next day. But still, communication is critical with all transactions. I should probably leave at least a neutral for that one due to lack of communication but....meh....life goes on.
I agree with most of this. I only get feedback like half of the time and I always follow up.

My personal belief is that as a seller, I should leave feedback after the item is paid for. They did their part. If either they don't agree with my description or have high expectations, they can send it back. Just because I've already left feedback, it doesn't mean that I won't follow up and make sure that they are completely satisfied. I know a lot of people here don't agree with this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.