Bad Tire Deal

Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Air holes are typically, and from my experience have always been in the plastic wheel itself, not the soft rubber where it will tare or promote taring from all the bashing in your year old video. I bought a brand new pair of Summit wheels and tires for $45 so $50 for these beat up rubbers is way too much.

Im my opinion, you owe the OP a refund and more since he now has to send them back to you. Next time, describe the condition that the tires are in instead of trying to pull a quicky hoping no one will notice that they just shelled out $50 for something worth maybe $20 at best. Lastly, who cares what your friends will say about the tires, I hardly doubt that you guys sit around the fire singing kumbaya, examining the tires to see all the cuts and tares.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I figured i'd show everyone one more pic... All you gotta do is barley rub these tires and your hans are black.. By rub I mean pick them up and move them..
Attached Thumbnails Bad Tire Deal-picture067.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Should be mentioned that this isnt just for tires he got like $50 just in rims, some of the best beadlocks you can get for a savage to, another $20 in rings.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Then how about he keeps the beads if there in good shape and u refund the money for ur tires and u can resell them if you can to someone who knows the condition?

And I mean u refund a percentage u said. $20 in beads so you'd return $35 get your tires back.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Wait ......$55 for year old used tires, sign me up for a buyer I've got like 10 sets lol I'd Saha full refund now I see that there a year plus old.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Not saying you should have to fix them or anything and I feel you should get a refund or partial refund but CA glue bonds rubber like so other so a drop a ca would hold it IMO but that does not make it right... Just a suggestion if you guys don't resolve it... Witch I hope you guys can work it out.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc View Post
Air holes are typically, and from my experience have always been in the plastic wheel itself, not the soft rubber where it will tare or promote taring from all the bashing in your year old video. I bought a brand new pair of Summit wheels and tires for $45 so $50 for these beat up rubbers is way too much.

In off road tires It's very commen to punch an air hole in the middle of the tire and cover the one in the rim with a small sticker. This aids in getting water and dirt out of the tire from centrifugal force... Not saying these tires have a proper air hole tho.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
In off road tires It's very commen to punch an air hole in the middle of the tire and cover the one in the rim with a small sticker. This aids in getting water and dirt out of the tire from centrifugal force... Not saying these tires have a proper air hole tho.
+1

All of my 8th scale ebuggy tires and my 2wd 10th scale rears have holes on the outside. It is to evacuate water/dirt and help prevent ballooning. There are holes in the rim as well. The tire holes are all in the center of the tread and usually made with a leather punch (specifically so they do not tear later).
Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

While maybe I didnt word it to the letter(lesson learned) I figured most would want the rims and for what I was asking the tires were just a bonus, go look up the cost of the maximizers if dont believe me its what I paid for them...
$30 a pair and $20 for rock rings.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
While maybe I didnt word it to the letter(lesson learned) I figured most would want the rims and for what I was asking the tires were just a bonus, go look up the cost of the maximizers if dont believe me its what I paid for them...
$30 a pair and $20 for rock rings.
Lesson learned is exactly right. I suggest you work this out between the two of you.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Seen worse language for the record....

Why I hate selling here, for the most part just check my feedback and how long ive been here..enough said..
What in any way does that have to do with each and every transaction with a different individual? I have met people on here less than a month, and care more about the others experience than you seem to. The only way your feedback might have an impact is a trade.

In my opinion, 100+ feedback couldnt overcome the way you are handling this.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

LIke I said hes got more then the $50 in just the rims, I left the tires on more for a bonus not any extra money.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Seen worse language for the record....

Why I hate selling here, for the most part just check my feedback and how long ive been here..enough said..
Originally Posted by QYKLSVR View Post
What in any way does that have to do with each and every transaction with a different individual? I have met people on here less than a month, and care more about the others experience than you seem to. The only way your feedback might have an impact is a trade.

In my opinion, 100+ feedback couldnt overcome the way you are handling this.
I don't normally comment on this subject BUT..Savage03 I don't really care if you've been here since the dawn of time, you don't have a single post in ANY section of this site in the last year (that's as far back as I went) that doesn't have to do with buying/selling. I moderate this site for the benefit of it's members. You sir, to be blunt, are simply a "user" and are only here for the amount of site traffic and the fact that we don't charge any fees to buy or sell here. If you "hate selling here" that much I will gladly pack your bags and send you to eBay.

Like it or not, those are the facts.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I don't normally comment on this subject BUT..Savage03 I don't really care if you've been here since the dawn of time, you don't have a single post in ANY section of this site in the last year (that's as far back as I went) that doesn't have to do with buying/selling. I moderate this site for the benefit of it's members. You sir, to be blunt, are simply a "user" and are only here for the amount of site traffic and the fact that we don't charge any fees to buy or sell here. If you "hate selling here" that much I will gladly pack your bags and send you to eBay.

Somebody just got SERVED!!!!!

Get 'em, racer!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 244 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post

Racer for President

Savage - Unless the deal was explicitly for Wheels and Rings only with the tires being a bonus your argument might hold water. In this case it does not look that full disclosure of the item being sold was given so I think a full refund is in order.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service