Ecoracer bad trader

Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Here's a problem I see and just can't understand at all. He is a known scammer and has ripped several people off. Yet, for some reason it seems like nobody does anything about it. Happens all the time. You have enough info on him, so why haven't you contacted the police? This guy flat-out stole from you and you have more than enough proof to support that. All you need to do is go to your local PD and file a complaint. They will then contact his local PD (or in my case, contact the individual directly).

Not saying 100% that you'll get anywhere, but when I was in your shoes, that's all it took for the guy who stole from me to come to his senses and pay-up what he stole from me. Amazing how one call from the police, explaining what is about to happen, will make someone do the right thing.

My only question is, what are you waiting for?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Here's a problem I see and just can't understand at all. He is a known scammer and has ripped several people off. Yet, for some reason it seems like nobody does anything about it. Happens all the time. You have enough info on him, so why haven't you contacted the police? This guy flat-out stole from you and you have more than enough proof to support that. All you need to do is go to your local PD and file a complaint. They will then contact his local PD (or in my case, contact the individual directly).

Not saying 100% that you'll get anywhere, but when I was in your shoes, that's all it took for the guy who stole from me to come to his senses and pay-up what he stole from me. Amazing how one call from the police, explaining what is about to happen, will make someone do the right thing.

My only question is, what are you waiting for?
I am not sure they can do anything about it. I am more than willing to call and try and file a complaint if it will help others not get ripped off. I will call tomorrow and see what can be done
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wykidls12 View Post
I am not sure they can do anything about it. I am more than willing to call and try and file a complaint if it will help others not get ripped off. I will call tomorrow and see what can be done
If you have recorded conversations with him via text or whatever, you should physically go to the police station. Even if you didn't, still go to the police station. They'll be more inclined to help you in person. Also, explain to them that you're not talking about some Wal-Mart toy. These are expensive cars and the dollar value does make a difference as far as legal crap goes.

Maybe they can do something and maybe not. But most of the time, all it takes is for the police to make a call. You'd really be surprised how quickly a scammer will do the right thing once they know the law is involved. I know from first-hand experience.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can these people not be banned from rc tech by their IP addresses? I know it wont stop them completely on here but it will force them to go somewhere else to use the internet to get on here....just a thought and a question
Old 05-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

A couple factors determine if that's done or not. And no, I won't tell you what they are.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

You take all the fun out of provoking someone to get their ip banned.. That would seem like the logical thing to do though. Or at least make them explain as to why they are wanting to get un-banned. If their user name gets banned, there is nothing to keep them from creating a new account and doing it again. However, if the user is remorseful and wants to better his name, they should have to explain why they want their IP un-banned.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

banned is banned simple as that. If things get to the point that you get banned and not suspended there's no coming back.