R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Stay away from SFutahrc. Bad business (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/721648-stay-away-sfutahrc-bad-business.html)

Decisions98 04-12-2013 03:06 PM

Stay away from SFutahrc. Bad business

His ad read spektrum dx3c with sr3300t all shipped for $100 in great condition

Well I offered $90 shipped and he accepted. Today I receive the package and after un wrapping the remote I notice the controller is less than fair condition and that the antenna is broke. U can clearly see that the box that it was shipped in is to small for the controller in a way that any way u put the controller in the antenna would be rest against the side. Hence most likely that's how it got broke. After looking closer u can also see that there is glue residu on the antenna from a previous fix- def no mention of that in his great condition ad. The controller has nicks and scapes all over it. I contact him via pm and text 2 minutes after opening package and let him know what's going on. He proceeds to tell me he also has pics before it was shipped and it wasn't broke. I believe him but fact is. It received broke. He then proceeds to tell me I must have dropped it and then accuses me of gluing it? I said what. I also then tell him the condition is less that par. Again. Blames me. I then file pay pal dispute so who knows. Maybe it will all work out. I have many pics of the remote and the box it was shipped in to share if needed

shagino 04-18-2013 04:16 AM

That sucks D. Post the picks and leave negative feedback if there isn't any communication with the seller.

hotrod87 04-18-2013 04:24 AM

Don't leave feedback yet unless you are done with the deal. If you filed a claim the deals not done. It sucks to hear this deal may have gone bad. Please post pics and send seller a PM with a link to this ad. Then he can have his say and post the pics he has. If the damage happened in shipping I hope the package was insured . If not it is the sellers responsibility to make sure you receive the product in the condition it left his hands in .

shagino 04-18-2013 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 12059440)
Don't leave feedback yet unless you are done with the deal. If you filed a claim the deals not done.

Thanks for the clarification.

Decisions98 04-18-2013 08:43 AM

I sent him all the texts and pics that I had. I'm sure it happened in shipping. But it should of been taken care of by him. I was gonna look past the poor condition of the remote but being that he was trying to blame me for scamming him on a $90 radio is crazy. Even after he implied that I tried to glue it. Anybody that knows me from the track def knows how I am.

Decisions98 04-23-2013 10:18 PM

Looks like justice has been served. PayPal claim was awarded in my favor. Just have to mail back his worn out junk to the thief. I hope he realizes that ur reputation is all u have when u deal with the Internet He has def killed his with this transaction.

wishrcr 04-24-2013 07:23 AM

Thief?

You call him a thief but had previously said you thought it was damaged in shipping?

Decisions98 04-24-2013 07:53 AM

I have no doubt it was damaged in shipping. I told him that. He wouldn't take care of it. Def not my fault he packaged it in a vey tight box and wrapped it like shit. He said it was great condition. Looked like he pulled it behind his car down a gravel road. Lastly the glue residue on the antenna def leads me to believe it was broke before which was never mentioned. Then when I brought all this up to him. He accuses me of gluing it Def not an honest seller. All over a $90 radio

M3Roc 04-24-2013 10:00 AM

Pics or it didn't happen. This is unfortunately not very uncommon. Kids today have a very distorted concept regarding the meaning of "great condition". Just because it turns on and beeps doesn't not qualify it for great condition. Either that or most of the people selling items on here are just plain liars.

Looking through a majority of the FS threads, and I do spend a lot of time there since im working on three cars currently, I find that a lot of the threads are very misleading, understated and full of pride and entitlement. The pictures look like they were taken with a 1850's camera that's seen better days. It always amuses me when the seller claims that the car is in perfect condition and when you look at the pictures, if any, 90% of the pictures are "ok" and then you get to the one of the bottom of the car and suddenly the seller develops the shakes and can't take a clear picture if his life depended on it. The same users that have the audacity claim that they are selling a "near perfect" car touched by the hands of Mother Theresa and the God Himself!

Most of them end up here in the feedback section. Sadly a majority of them don't care either, they are only interested in passing garbage ones and never having any kind of relations with this site again. The day that clear pictures are demanded and made mandatory will be the day these issues are cut in half if not more. The FS/FT threads here are free and no one has a right or obligation to use them which goes both ways. Its easy to spot the responsible sellers and its even easier to spot those who are hiding something.

orcadigital 04-25-2013 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by M3Roc (Post 12081818)
Pics or it didn't happen. This is unfortunately not very uncommon. Kids today have a very distorted concept regarding the meaning of "great condition". Just because it turns on and beeps doesn't not qualify it for great condition. Either that or most of the people selling items on here are just plain liars.

Looking through a majority of the FS threads, and I do spend a lot of time there since im working on three cars currently, I find that a lot of the threads are very misleading, understated and full of pride and entitlement. The pictures look like they were taken with a 1850's camera that's seen better days. It always amuses me when the seller claims that the car is in perfect condition and when you look at the pictures, if any, 90% of the pictures are "ok" and then you get to the one of the bottom of the car and suddenly the seller develops the shakes and can't take a clear picture if his life depended on it. The same users that have the audacity claim that they are selling a "near perfect" car touched by the hands of Mother Theresa and the God Himself!

Most of them end up here in the feedback section. Sadly a majority of them don't care either, they are only interested in passing garbage ones and never having any kind of relations with this site again. The day that clear pictures are demanded and made mandatory will be the day these issues are cut in half if not more. The FS/FT threads here are free and no one has a right or obligation to use them which goes both ways. Its easy to spot the responsible sellers and its even easier to spot those who are hiding something.

I am going to have to disagree. There are some, but I would not use terms like most and majority. When you consider how many items are bought and sold here, only a small number end up in this forum.

Misrepresentation happens, but my experience with it is more dealing with lack of knowledge and not intentional dishonesty.

This situation appears to be in the latter case sadly.

Just my opinion and experience here.

M3Roc 04-25-2013 04:20 PM

OK I would agree with you that using "majority" is strong. However, I think that its accurate to say that more then I feel comfortable with. I even find this on threads by users who have 100+ feedback and are clearly very active here.

I guess in the end its personal opinion that counts. I happen to think that it also shows their need to sell and item. Either that or their laziness.

SFutahrc 05-22-2013 06:03 PM

Funny that I offered the guy to send it back and once I had received the package and made sure it was a shipping issue I would refund him the money then he got mad and started telling me I'm a crook after he was a Prick to me I then said you can deal with PayPal if you don't want to do it to where I feel safe. For all I know he is a scam artist I have no clue who he is I never tried to do anything dishonest and I post pics so you can see exactly what you are getting. And also don't say I didn't try to solve the situation I have texts.... Plus it was a shipping error not dishonesty. Thanks for trying to make me look bad!!!!

crash118s 05-23-2013 02:51 PM

And yet....there is STILL no pictures from either person! No texts, pm's, or even emails?? Can we at least get a telegraph???

Type_R_Henry 05-23-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by crash118s (Post 12183511)
And yet....there is STILL no pictures from either person! No texts, pm's, or even emails?? Can we at least get a telegraph???

Smoke signals? LoL

Nitro_Ninja 05-23-2013 07:12 PM

Surprised this isn't resolved. Wasn't this over a month ago?