Like Tree2Likes

USPS Tracking Problem?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdtech58 View Post
Well, it turns out the USPS sat on my shipment for 9 days at the point of shipment before it was sent. Not really sure why. I received my package on 4/30 after it was shipped Priority on 4/18. Oh well, at least I got it. Guy I traded with was actually heading to the Post Office to rustle some feathers when the website finally updated the shipping info.
Sucks it got left behind for so long, but glad it finally got discovered and shipped. Chances are it just got put on a shelf and forgotten.

I've been getting lots of certified mail from the Army, and when I go to pick it up in Chico, its taken as long as 30 minutes before they find it. Once I even had to go to another city because it landed in Chico, they sent me the green pick up slip, then sent it to Orroville.
I was pretty peeved.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default USPS Service

No worries mates. The USPS tracking isn't always accurate, may have missed a scanning or missed the truck at its next stop once or twice. Should be on the next one out. I have had a package come three days from ordering and they never updated the tracking until it reached delivery confirmation. I was asking if the seller had sent it and he assured he did. Wouldn't worry too much until it doesn't show up at the door a week later using priority. I always use priority mail with delivery confirmation and even then there is so much mail going through major ports scrambling around everywhere. Could you imagine scanning every little envelope incoming and outgoing internationally?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default usps screw up actually worked in my favor

This morning I checked on the progress of my goodies that were being shipped USPS. The shipment had an estimated delivery date of 8/29. When I checked the tracking # on the USPS website, it stated the package had just left a sort facility,about 250 miles from my house today. Seemed like the package might even be ahead of schedule. So the nice little mail lady pulled up to my box today and proceeded to get out of her truck with my box of goodies in han. Either the USPS bought up all the concord's when they went out of business or there system is a bit behind. This time I got the better end of the deal
Old 09-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
This has been happening since USPS began including tracking by default with all shipments. If the post master does not know any better and ships your package "first class" then highlights the tracking number on the receipt you will get this message. I found that the tracking number they were highlighting was for internal use only and you have to call the post office and have them check the status. You must tell them you want tracking on first class packages (tracking is not included on first class, but the post master might assume) and fyi the price for first class tracking has gone up. These changes happened within the last few months.

^^ this

I've had lots of people send something and include a tracking number that is for internal use only and doesnt work on the website they should be more clear about this when people are shipping. Sometimes you can get away with calling and giving them the number or if you know someone at your post office they will give you the info but aren't supposed to.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have a good one lol, a spur gear off in never never land lol. Was headed to Tulsa, now not sure lol
Old 12-28-2017, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lstmysock11 View Post
I only use fedex when shipping now. Tracking is much better, plus you can set it to require a signature, So you can prove it was received! If you have a fedex store the prices are on par with the USPS for shipping.
i've had many of packages that required a signature and they were just left on the porch. even watched the delivery guy sign for them himself just so he can leave it. the signature required proves nothing, so beware.

also had packages say delivered in the tracking info but didnt actually get the package until the next day.

and the cream of the crop. the ups guy pulls up, so i go out to meet him. hes digging around in the back of the truck then sits back down and pulls off with no explanation. i go back in the house and check tracking and it now says driver had an emergency and the package will be delivered another time.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (99%+)

Originally Posted by vanessanie View Post
How did things go finally?
Well I really hope it showed up by now....

Since this thread is from 2013! Lol
Old 12-28-2017, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (99%+)

Wait for a little while patiently. USPS is not that bad.
How much longer should he wait patiently.... this is from 2013.

Iíd say thatís been pretty patient
Old 12-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

How did things go finally?
Uhhh...this thread is over 4 yrs. old!
Old 12-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

...someone is trying to get their post count up, bumping old threads, and replying 1 minute after each self posting.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
Well I really hope it showed up by now....

Since this thread is from 2013! Lol
just seen that. what happened to the guys post before my post? now it looks like i bumped it up.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I think the mods are cleaning shop! In other news, USPS is pretty good for me, as long as its not long distance
Marcos.J likes this.