Search

shipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Exclamation shipping from DGDCUSTOMS

What would you do?

I received my item via USPS. It was left on my front door step. I took it inside and proceeded to open it. I noticed the middle of the box was slightly crushed down which made the tape come loose from the box. Once opened I saw parts scattered about the box. First off the shipper used a regular sandwich bag(no seal)to put loose parts in. Secondly some of those parts that were supposedly NIP but were not. Lastly some of the parts apparently escaped out of the box top as after examining what parts were there some were obviously missing. Now the parts missing were relatively inexpensive but were intragral parts of the kit.

That being said the seller also claimed that " a FEW SETS of new tires and wheels would be included". The tire and wheel set that was pictured in the post was included and 1 additional PAIR of front and rear were included as well. That to me doesn't seem like a FEW SETS even counting the set pictured in the thread.

The sellers response to the above was" It looks like you have a problem with the post office and how they treated your package". "I cant see where any of that is my problem". "That's how I always ship".

Considering there was no insurance on the package the post office has no liability. It was shipped Parcel Post. Which could have only have been a few dollars less than Priority mail as the package wasn't very large or heavy. I guess Its partially my fault assuming the seller had enough sense to ship and pack a 365.00 dollar transaction properly. The buggy and parts were laying on the bottom of the box with 6 or 7 air pack bubbles(some of which were deflated entirely) laying on top then sealed.

I have well over 100 transactions here and over 1000 on Ebay and have never seen such a deplorable packing job by an adult.

Last edited by racer1812; 05-30-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: title change
Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Some people don't realize a few means three. But seriously some people really don't take enough care in shipping and their feedback should reflect this. Even if it's a positive with a reference to crappy shipping and or packaging. This is a hard call since you don't have recourse with usps I would price out missing parts and request partial refund. If seller denies it I would file a claim. He should understand that if he didn't pack right and didn't insure it then he is responsible. Did you take pics when it showed up ?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default pics

Wish I would have taken pics. I assumed everything in the box would be in some sort of packaging and not floating around loose. Which would have made it almost impossible to get out the top of the box. I just never figured someone would put parts inside a sandwich baggie without some type of seal. The seller was someone who owns his own RC painting business and obviously ships regularly. Lucky for everyone this was his "getting out" sale. Now that Ive seen his shipping, customer service, and overall mental fortitude I guess I see why hes "getting out".
Old 04-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (92%+)

I allways ship with usps and use alot of packing and a ton of tape. That being said usps are notorious for damages and breaking boxes or envelopes open
Old 04-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

agree with chevy got a boat a while back and while the seller couldve done a litlle better job at packaging the box had been beat to hell. i know it wasnt like that . he sent pics of it . the box had been kicked literally seen shoe tread on end of box. hard enoough it broke the steering linkage and rudder assembly. i use usps all the time but everything over 50.00 priority and is insured for what it would cost me to go buy one

as far as the seller yes it is your responsabilty becuase you slacked on your end and the buyer has options at this point .

and just for the buyer i always take a short video of the package and me opening it and inspecting for damage . just a thought
Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default packing

Well the box it was sent in had been cut down and obviously been reused multiple times. Two of the flaps were only 4-5 inches or so offering no support under the top flaps. The main reason the top collapsed inward in the first place. A drunk monkey could have packed the box better.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Was this by any chance a Dex408?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default buggy

Originally Posted by badaml
Was this by any chance a Dex408?
No it was a Schumacher Cougar SVR. So that being the case even though the parts missing were relatively inexpensive they are harder to come by than most.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pablo040
1) You're assuming the other person, adult or not, knows how to properly pack and ship a package. Just because you've done over a thousand transactions doesn't mean that's normal, or would be normal for the average person. The average person can't even wrap a christmas present!
2) What some people might consider a set of tires (which technically is 4 tires), to others might just be 2 tires. Even manufacturers screw this up. You're arguing over semantics. That's where it's up to the buyer to make sure exactly what they're receiving quantity wise.
3) I have everything inside my pitbox, that is inside parts organizers, in ziplock baggies - but that doesn't mean everyone is that anal. You've been to the track. Most people have stuff rattling loose inside their toolbox, that's if they don't pit out of a cardboard box.
4) Being as you've done so many transactions, I would suggest that this is more your fault than it is the seller's - as you should know better. You should know every potential pitfall, whether it be a verbal faux pas, or shipping requirements, so as to know you get what you think you paid for.
5) A drunk monkey knows better than to buy used, and/or knows they are taking huge risks in doing so - especially when it's several hundreds of dollars.
6) Considering that any of the so-called "potential missing items" are, in your own words, "a few dollars" relative to the $365 transaction - I'd consider it a case of lesson learned. It's not worth losing sleep over, or even posting this thread. You as the experienced party here, should know better.
Point taken. However like I stated this seller had almost over 70 feedback at 100% and was a business owner whos ships on a regular basis. That being said my EXPECTATIONS were not unfounded. I guess it could have been worse. Sorry if this you feel posting this thread wasn't needed. I just wanted some additional perspective and yes your right for the most part as I should have known better than to assume someone has integrity and common sense.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anytime you buy something and it says a few. Ask exactly how many so there is no confusion or miss communication. Never assume as you know what that does!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
What would you do?

I received my item via USPS. It was left on my front door step. I took it inside and proceeded to open it. I noticed the middle of the box was slightly crushed down which made the tape come loose from the box. Once opened I saw parts scattered about the box. First off the shipper used a regular sandwich bag(no seal)to put loose parts in. Secondly some of those parts that were supposedly NIP but were not. Lastly some of the parts apparently escaped out of the box top as after examining what parts were there some were obviously missing. Now the parts missing were relatively inexpensive but were intragral parts of the kit.

That being said the seller also claimed that " a FEW SETS of new tires and wheels would be included". The tire and wheel set that was pictured in the post was included and 1 additional PAIR of front and rear were included as well. That to me doesn't seem like a FEW SETS even counting the set pictured in the thread.

The sellers response to the above was" It looks like you have a problem with the post office and how they treated your package". "I cant see where any of that is my problem". "That's how I always ship".

Considering there was no insurance on the package the post office has no liability. It was shipped Parcel Post. Which could have only have been a few dollars less than Priority mail as the package wasn't very large or heavy. I guess Its partially my fault assuming the seller had enough sense to ship and pack a 365.00 dollar transaction properly. The buggy and parts were laying on the bottom of the box with 6 or 7 air pack bubbles(some of which were deflated entirely) laying on top then sealed.

I have well over 100 transactions here and over 1000 on Ebay and have never seen such a deplorable packing job by an adult.
"a few sets" not much you can really do about that. You should have asked for a specific number and pics but I think you now know that's a lesson learned.

On the part in bold. Like I posted in another thread, it's 100% his problem! You seem not to be too worried about the missing parts, that's up to you. But what if the entire car fell out and you got an empty box Would he still have the same ignorant, smug attitude Obviously you would file a PP claim, I'd assume so anyway. It would definitely be "his problem" when PP refunded you

Had a enough parts fell out for you to want to file a claim with PP for a partial refund I'm not sure how they would decide. With an inventory of missing parts and enough pics I would guess they would side with you, again being his problem.

His attitude alone is going to have people asking you who it is so they can put him on their ignore list.

It simply amazes me how many people think once an item leaves their hands it's "not their problem".
Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

5) A drunk monkey knows better than to buy used, and/or knows they are taking huge risks in doing so - especially when it's several hundreds of dollars.

I don't drink, but I do like bananas.....

I buy used often, and what I order I expect to receive. Period. If Seller didn't pack box properly and items fell out, or got damaged, it is HIS PROBLEM, not mine.

The entire FS/FT Forum is all about one hobbyist, buying, selling, trading with other Hobbyists and I'd bet a basket full of BANANAS that more than half the items are USED. Pablo, are you saying that all RC TECH members are DRUNK MONKEYS? I take offense at that.

To the OP, the only lesson learned is to clarify exactly what you are getting, with a very detailed overview of condition. Pictures should be mandatory so you can compare what is received, to what was promised. You shouldn't take a loss for parts that didn't arrive, as is it Sellers responsibility to get all items to you safely, and securely.

Notify Seller of what was missing, and ask for a partial refund at a mutually agreeable amount. If Seller is not willing to work this out with you in a prompt and professional matter, then file a Paypal claim. Simple as that.

When I buy, I assume nothing and ask reasonable questions on quantity, condition, age, amount of use etc. If Seller doesn't respond to reasonable questions, or seems put out or annoyed, it is a clear sign to me that it is not the type of Seller I want to be working with. Good Sellers are happy to exchange information, supply pictures and communicate throughout the transaction.

Good luck to you. I for one don't consider you a drunk monkey for buying used and expecting what you ordered to arrive.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chillaxin

I don't drink, but I do like bananas.....

I buy used often, and what I order I expect to receive. Period. If Seller didn't pack box properly and items fell out, or got damaged, it is HIS PROBLEM, not mine.

The entire FS/FT Forum is all about one hobbyist, buying, selling, trading with other Hobbyists and I'd bet a basket full of BANANAS that more than half the items are USED. Pablo, are you saying that all RC TECH members are DRUNK MONKEYS? I take offense at that.

To the OP, the only lesson learned is to clarify exactly what you are getting, with a very detailed overview of condition. Pictures should be mandatory so you can compare what is received, to what was promised. You shouldn't take a loss for parts that didn't arrive, as is it Sellers responsibility to get all items to you safely, and securely.

Notify Seller of what was missing, and ask for a partial refund at a mutually agreeable amount. If Seller is not willing to work this out with you in a prompt and professional matter, then file a Paypal claim. Simple as that.

When I buy, I assume nothing and ask reasonable questions on quantity, condition, age, amount of use etc. If Seller doesn't respond to reasonable questions, or seems put out or annoyed, it is a clear sign to me that it is not the type of Seller I want to be working with. Good Sellers are happy to exchange information, supply pictures and communicate throughout the transaction.

Good luck to you. I for one don't consider you a drunk monkey for buying used and expecting what you ordered to arrive.
Thanks. I didn't consider myself a drunk monkey either lol. I just let Pablo express his useless opinion without saying what I really felt about that statement and risk getting in hot water with the mods here. I feel exactly the same as yourself, used or not I expect to receive what I paid for and have it shipped in a timely and competent manner. Sometimes I think my downfall is I believe others hold themselves to the same level of honesty and competence as myself. Which in this case was a mistake. If it were me selling the same items none of this would have happened in the first place. I would have taken the time to correctly pack and package the items which would have solved 99% of the problems. As far as the seller realizing a FEW MEANS 3 OR MORE I just chalk that up to shear ignorance, lack of intelligence, and or denial/misrepresentation for the purpose of bolstering his item.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chillaxin
The entire FS/FT Forum is all about one hobbyist, buying, selling, trading with other Hobbyists and I'd bet a basket full of BANANAS that more than half the items are USED. Pablo, are you saying that all RC TECH members are DRUNK MONKEYS? I take offense at that. .
If you're going to take offense to the expression, then say something to the original poster.

A drunk monkey could have packed the box better.
Thanks. I didn't consider myself a drunk monkey either lol. I just let Pablo express his useless opinion without saying what I really felt about that statement and risk getting in hot water with the mods here. I feel exactly the same as yourself, used or not I expect to receive what I paid for and have it shipped in a timely and competent manner. Sometimes I think my downfall is I believe others hold themselves to the same level of honesty and competence as myself. Which in this case was a mistake. If it were me selling the same items none of this would have happened in the first place. I would have taken the time to correctly pack and package the items which would have solved 99% of the problems. As far as the seller realizing a FEW MEANS 3 OR MORE I just chalk that up to shear ignorance, lack of intelligence, and or denial/misrepresentation for the purpose of bolstering his item.

The use of the "drunk monkey" expression was merely re-using your own words, so I really don't understand why you're getting so snippy.
As I said before, you keep stressing what you would have done, and how you would have packed it - yet you fail to rationalize that the average person can't wrap a christmas present without turning it into a mess.
To be honest, I've never received anything from another member on a forum or a casual seller on ebay that wasn't in a recycled box. Do you use brand new boxes for everything you sell? And about the guy being a business owner, could it not be that his son or some other minimum wage employee that achieved the less than stellar packing job?
And then, on top of all that, the post office (or fedex or ups) won't take what they consider a "non-secure" package or packing job. So at least part of your rant, maybe more, should have been addressed at USPS for beating it up so bad.
But honestly, the way you seem to keep going on about this guy, making random comments about his lack of intelligence and integrity, it's making it sound more and more that you're the one being too picky, IMHO. But if it was that big of a deal, and being as experienced you are in the buying/shipping/receiving biz, you would have filed a paypal claim and asked for a partial refund - and since you didn't, it appears it wasn't worth your while, and instead you're just here venting (at which point, it doesn't matter and we don't care ).
Let it go, dude.
Have a great weekend.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pablo040
1) You're assuming the other person, adult or not, knows how to properly pack and ship a package. Just because you've done over a thousand transactions doesn't mean that's normal, or would be normal for the average person. The average person can't even wrap a christmas present!
2) What some people might consider a set of tires (which technically is 4 tires), to others might just be 2 tires. Even manufacturers screw this up. You're arguing over semantics. That's where it's up to the buyer to make sure exactly what they're receiving quantity wise.
3) I have everything inside my pitbox, that is inside parts organizers, in ziplock baggies - but that doesn't mean everyone is that anal. You've been to the track. Most people have stuff rattling loose inside their toolbox, that's if they don't pit out of a cardboard box.
4) Being as you've done so many transactions, I would suggest that this is more your fault than it is the seller's - as you should know better. You should know every potential pitfall, whether it be a verbal faux pas, or shipping requirements, so as to know you get what you think you paid for.
6) Considering that any of the so-called "potential missing items" are, in your own words, "a few dollars" relative to the $365 transaction - I'd consider it a case of lesson learned. It's not worth losing sleep over, or even posting this thread. You as the experienced party here, should know better.

So, basically what you're saying is, I could put a bunch of random parts in a box, fold the flaps without even so much as a single piece of packing tape and it would be the buyer's fault if something happened in between my house and his house?

A drunk monkey knows better than to buy used? Seriously?!?!?! It's been my observation that at any given point during the day/night there are at least 300 people active on the buy/sell/trade section (usually more) of this site alone. Compare that to the small amount of complaints in the feedback section and your logic is obviously flawed to say the least.

I'm assuming that your zero trader rating indicates that you have no intentions of using the buy/sell/trade forum. And for that, we at rctech thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.