Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi23 post deleted in BST section..

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Losi23 post deleted in BST section..

I seen a post last night on the sell forum which had a Losi 8ight T E for trade, i asked him if he would sell it, he contacted me and we worked out a deal but his post is now gone? The post was made by Losi23..

Just curious why it was deleted, i am trying to follow the steps here for trading by adding that it was sold and i was going to add that payment is sent to keep good track of the deal..

Any help is greatly appreciated..
Old 04-08-2013, 03:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
I seen a post last night on the sell forum which had a Losi 8ight T E for trade, i asked him if he would sell it, he contacted me and we worked out a deal but his post is now gone? The post was made by Losi23..

Just curious why it was deleted, i am trying to follow the steps here for trading by adding that it was sold and i was going to add that payment is sent to keep good track of the deal..

He might have broken some of the seller forum rules. Some offenses can get your ad deleted without warning.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some offenses can get your ad deleted without warning.
I say bull, every ad that gets deleted, the posted should be contacted.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

It says right in the rules if you bump your post more then once per day it can and will get deleted with out any warnings! Everyone should read the rules for where they are posting. Not saying that is why it was deleted but could be why.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Yes it was deleted because his thread violated forum rules, and we'll leave it at that.....

Originally Posted by blade329
He might have broken some of the seller forum rules. Some offenses can get your ad deleted without warning.
You are absolutely correct

Originally Posted by Markcuda
I say bull, every ad that gets deleted, the posted should be contacted.
Read the rules, a user does not have to be notified about their post being deleted. However at times they are it all depends on the moderator...If you don't like it then take it up with an Admin......

Originally Posted by lstmysock11
It says right in the rules if you bump your post more then once per day it can and will get deleted with out any warnings! Everyone should read the rules for where they are posting. Not saying that is why it was deleted but could be why.
Once again you are absolutely correct, its nice to know that some users actually do read the forum rules.......
Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was just making sure it wasn't because of a past history that may have went sour, thanks for the reply.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

If a post is deleted, moderators have the ability/authority to undelete or view the post if something should go wrong with your deal (not as described, etc.)
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Not needed, this can all be done through pm's, and is probably the better way since it will not bump the thread to the top. If seller's would just edit the ad to show sold, it would be better for all.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

If it's not needed and discouraged, maybe remove the sticky saying to do so lol..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...hase-sale.html
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If it's not needed and discouraged, maybe remove the sticky saying to do so lol..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...hase-sale.html
I don't see anything in that sticky that tells you to post that info in a for sale thread. It's not needed and is a pain in the backside when people do. Send it via PM and the seller can simply EDIT..I said EDIT the original post to reflect what's going on, no need for the seller to post, bumping the thread.

rant over
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

I guess we are talking about two different things, it clearly states..

Take The Time To Go Back To the Thread And Post Payment Sent For What Ever You Bought If Useing Paypal.
Which is what i was talking about and trying to do..

Sorry for the confusion all is good now..
Old 04-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

wow that's a really old thread. I edited that out. There's no need to post that info, even though people do. It's up to the seller to update their thread with the EDIT button.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yea, i wasn't sure so i was just going by what i read on here.. Being an owner of several forums myself that stay fairly active with a large member base, i understand how it can be when trying to keep everything up to date lol. I probably have a ton of updating and editing to do myself actually i just don't want to think about it lol, id rather keep buying more RC's haha!!

But yea..

I run PHPBB on my forums, im thinking about converting one to vBulletin though because i like the SEO capabilities..