R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Need a little advice... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/712849-need-little-advice.html)

rcracersb 03-12-2013 08:33 PM

Need a little advice...

I made a deal with Foamslayer to purchase a set of sc tires he had, i paypal'd him and asked if they would ship out first thing monday morning 2/25. i messaged him on the 26 cause i hadnt heard anything and got a message back that they were sent out and would check with his wife for the tracking number.. On the 3rd of march i said i hadnt received anything and was told that they went out the 27th parcel post and should be arriving any day. Here it is 2 weeks later, still nothin and i sent him a message with no response. Im not saying in any way that he didnt send it or scammed me or anything. Just not sure what to do, wasnt a huge amount of money but its the principle, as now i have to buy a set of tires at the track... Does someone know him and could vouch for him, or anything just not sure what to do...thanks

hotrod87 03-12-2013 08:41 PM

You need to start a PayPal claim . You also should PM him a link to this thread. If he is not contacting you to let you know what's going on , better to be safe than sorry . It's not about how much money it is. Sometimes the principle is enough.

aqeel200 03-12-2013 10:19 PM

just file a PP claim and hope its in your favour...so as to prevent someone else may be in the same situation..First, its just $10 deal, then, $100, then it will increase....thats how things go big...

That's what PP is for, protection with deterrent.

Odin544 03-12-2013 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 11924113)
You need to start a PayPal claim . You also should PM him a link to this thread. If he is not contacting you to let you know what's going on , better to be safe than sorry . It's not about how much money it is. Sometimes the principle is enough.

+1 to paypal claim. If he in fact did send the tires and they show up, you simply let paypal know they finally showed up and they close the claim. Done deal. If he didn't send them and he doesn't respond to paypal they will get your money back for you.

rcracersb 04-01-2013 05:58 AM

Just an update.... I opened a paypal claim, it he didnt respond, they returned my money..... Foamslayer in my book, bad news. deal with caution

racer1812 04-01-2013 06:36 AM

Make sure you leave appropriate feedback.

timannnn6 04-01-2013 07:32 AM

Looks like someone else got burned as well (unless the OP has a second account :sneaky:). Check Foamslayer's feedback. Plus, why is it always the wife excuse with the tracking? Just seems like all of these deals go that way "Uh, gotta check with the wife to make sure she holds my hand and ships my packages for me (sucks on thumb)".

harry697 04-01-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by timannnn6 (Post 11996244)
Looks like someone else got burned as well (unless the OP has a second account :sneaky:). Check Foamslayer's feedback. Plus, why is it always the wife excuse with the tracking? Just seems like all of these deals go that way "Uh, gotta check with the wife to make sure she holds my hand and ships my packages for me (sucks on thumb)".

It's because women have been proven to have extremely small brains compared to men. Haven't you even seen Borat? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But seriously, I cringe when I read that excuse. I even feel kinda slimy telling a buyer that I will have my wife stop by the post office in the morning. But somehow she's managed to mail several packages for me since starting my new job six months ago and never had a problem. She even gets me a working tracking number every time!:nod:

Chillaxin 04-01-2013 11:19 PM

There are 2 things in this world that cannot be forcibly taken away from us. They must be willfully given up.

They are:

1. Integrity
2. Honesty

It amazes me that someone's integrity is worth a set of SC Tires worth maybe $40

What amount of money is your reputation and integrity worth?
TO quote a well known commercial: " SC Tires-$40, MBX6T-$500, YOUR REPUTATION-PRICELESS

racer1812 04-03-2013 08:10 AM

He was here on Monday 4/1/13

PM sent...:rolleyes:

racer1812 04-03-2013 09:32 AM

He has contacted me, I didn't ask for or get specifics on where your item is or why you haven't gotten it. What he did give me was an explanation that involved a serious personal issue. I normally write these off as BS but based on his history and the amount of contact I've had with him in the past, I can believe him.

It doesn't change anything for you and doesn't make it right but I honestly don't think he was trying to rip you off.

Feedback will stay but I'm not going to ban him.

rcracersb 04-03-2013 05:40 PM

It was a $30 set of tires, but that not the issue. i fully understand personal issues, have had them myself... but send a message, email, anything. paypal spent 2-3 weeks witha message... so there was plenty of time to respond. IMO. a simple message would have avoided the negative feedback... i woulda taken his word if he woulda said hey i need a couple extra days or week even.. o well dont matter know.