Wiki Posts
Search

Funny Story

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Funny Story

So like most people when ever i sell something rc related i put it on here and ebay at the same time. Generally i do three day auctions on ebay, so i just put the product up here also just in case somebody on here wants it and i wont have to pay those ebay final value fees. So my ebay auction was at 480 and reserve was set to 500. When i get on rc tech today i get an offer from a guy for 600 even though i have it listed for 650 shipped(actually worth about 800). so i accept it, send him my pp addy and everything. Now first sketchy thing he did is after i accept his offer now he has questions. like dude, come on if you send me an offer you should be ready to pay not still asking questions about the product. So i answered his questions but i noticed in his question he made the statement "i see you have this on ebay too". At this point he did not respond to me after i answered his question so after about an hour i looked on ebay at my current bidders and there he was. so with his bid the truck went over my reserve price of 500. I was honestly taken back by it. How could he have the balls to make me an offer on one site then try and wait it out on the other. I would have never known if his ebay name and rctech name were not so similar. Keep in mind he still never wrote me back its been about 2 hours since his offer and questions. I then wrote him another message on here saying if you want the truck buy it from me on here so i can avoid the ebay fees. He replies "ok, you got". So i wait for about another hour expecting payment. Nothing. So i thought well maybe he's wants me to respond first so i wrote him back "ok boss, thanks". Still no response. So at this point i say ohhh he's really trying to wait out the auction(only 18hrs left) trying to get it as cheap as possible. Iif it stayed under 600 he would have bought it on ebay, over 600 rctech. After waiting for his response for another hour i said screw it, and canceled his bids on ebay. So about 45 mins later i get a message on rctech from this guy complaining about how i cancelled his bids. Acting all innocent. Talking about "i was going to pay when i got home". Well if you were going to pay why didnt you just pay instead of writing me about canceled ebay bids. You had my pp addy. Underhanded guy i tell you.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Sounds annoying but he really was not doing anything wrong, low maybe but if the reserve was $500 I might be tempted to wait also. But ya it was sneaky.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

He was just trying to get it as cheap as he could. Heck I would have just Esnipe and sniped the darn thing from ebay! Honestly I would rather sell here then on ebay, to many people have been known to use and abuse the buyer protection on ebay.

Honestly I would just list a item either here or on ebay and not both at the same time. If you did not have it on ebay you might have sold it for his offer but then he saw it for cheaper. What do you think most people would do!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lstmysock11
He was just trying to get it as cheap as he could. Heck I would have just Esnipe and sniped the darn thing from ebay! Honestly I would rather sell here then on ebay, to many people have been known to use and abuse the buyer protection on ebay.

Honestly I would just list a item either here or on ebay and not both at the same time. If you did not have it on ebay you might have sold it for his offer but then he saw it for cheaper. What do you think most people would do!
Getting it as cheap as you could works when you don't already have a deal with the same person. When he seen it on ebay the reserve wasent even reached yet. So he didn't know if he could get it cheaper. His sneaky self was hoping he could get it cheaper and if he couldn't he would have came back here tomorrow expecting me to honor our deal. That is shady. And if you don't see that then you belong on my block list because your shady.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Seether
Sounds annoying but he really was not doing anything wrong, low maybe but if the reserve was $500 I might be tempted to wait also. But ya it was sneaky.
He didn't know the reserve until his third bid.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Still not shady what the guy did. Maybe he should of told you he was watching it on ebay, then you could of dealt with it differently. I see it as you are the one that made the mistake by putting the item for sale cheaper on ebay than on RCtech. Should of used the same price on both site's. Who doesn't like lower price's?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT
Still not shady what the guy did. Maybe he should of told you he was watching it on ebay, then you could of dealt with it differently. I see it as you are the one that made the mistake by putting the item for sale cheaper on ebay than on RCtech. Should of used the same price on both site's. Who doesn't like lower price's?
I agree with this . I can understand your point of thinking he was being sneaky but he was being a smart buyer. Now I will bet you are on his list of people not to deal with .
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

chilly..While there's nothing "wrong" with what you did. If doing so ever results in an issue with this site I would be lying if I said I wouldn't take it into consideration.

IMO, he caught you trying to be as sneaky as he was
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by racer1812
chilly..While there's nothing "wrong" with what you did. If doing so ever results in an issue with this site I would be lying if I said I wouldn't take it into consideration.

sneaky? please elaborate
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chillymostly
sneaky? please elaborate
You offered it up for sale on two different site at two different prices. I and 99% of others would have done the same thing, wait it out on ebay and try to get it for the cheaper price. Maybe he saw it here first, made an offer and then saw it on ebay.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I agree with this . I can understand your point of thinking he was being sneaky but he was being a smart buyer. Now I will bet you are on his list of people not to deal with .
+1. You may also make it on others lists too.

Originally Posted by racer1812

+1

The OP is playing the same game as the buyer. The buyer is playing both ends to get the cheapest deal while the seller is playing both ends trying to get the most money. It is a little ironic that he found the auction and that you connected the people together, but in my view, you are trying to work the system just like he is.

Ebay bans people for doing what you are doing by the way. Asking someone to purchase an item you have listed on ebay outside of ebay is directly against their code of conduct that you agreed to.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Suspended

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE WHOLE "GETTING IT FOR CHEAPER" THING. My whole point is the way he did it. He agreed to buy it on here TWICE and lied about it the second time. thats were the the whole waiting out statement comes from. He was going to try and wait it out after telling me he was going to buy it on here. and then if the auction got to high he was going to come back on here like "im ready to pay now". Now rebuttal that.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by orcadigital

Ebay bans people for doing what you are doing by the way. Asking someone to purchase an item you have listed on ebay outside of ebay is directly against their code of conduct that you agreed to.
yea... i didnt ask him on ebay to buy off of ebay.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

I DONT CARE ABOUT THE WHOLE "GETTING IT FOR CHEAPER" THING. My whole point is the way he did it. He agreed to buy it on here TWICE and lied about it the second time. thats were the the whole waiting out statement comes from. He was going to try and wait it out after telling me he was going to buy it on here. and then if the auction got to high he was going to come back on here like "im ready to pay now". Now rebuttal that.
If i had gotten paid for something every time i was told "I'll take it"...he didnt pay you so who cares about it. You havent sold anything on here until the money is in your acct.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

yea... i didnt ask him on ebay to buy off of ebay.
You may not have asked but you had it offered on another site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.