Wiki Posts
Search

I need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default I need advice...

First all i only created this thread for advice, not to call out the seller. i recently bought a Radio here a few weeks ago. I received it yesterday and the Transmitter was in the condition stated and I have no issues with it. The receivers that I received were in very different condition stated. I'll let the pictures do the justice. On one of the receivers the case is cracked in multiple pieces. The wire was Super glued on to the case on both of the receivers and have also had Carbon fiber CA glued to the case as well. I don't know the condition of the wire, as I don't want to touch it until I know what to do next. Overall there just in pretty bad condition. The First receiver is in the worst condition. I contacted the seller and he gave me atitude and started yelling at me, tell me I should I have bought a New One instead of his. I don't see how this is my fault as he never stated the receivers were in this condition and he misrepresented the Items. I want to keep the transmitter and Return the Receivers for a partial refund. I asked the seller that and he refused and told me to return the whole thing. I honestly don't want to return the transmitter as it's the only radio I have on hand and I'm satisfied with it. Any advice on what should I do? Am I overeacting? What would be a fair value to get?

First Receiver

Second Receiver

Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

If he's willing to take it back, Id send it back. And move on , these look like garbage.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

It would help if we knew what the ad said. I guess my thought would be; there's no way anyone would ever buy that receiver from you if you decided to resell it, so it's essentially worthless. Unless the price of the radio was soo cheap that you could call the RX "free", then I'd say the deal wasn't worth it and you should just return it. That is, if the seller is honest and willing to actually give you a refund. Sounds sketchy at this point though.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Here's the original ad

Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I like how the picture blurs the receivers. I would send them back as you will not get very much for those.

And it flat out amazes me how people don't take care of their stuff.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

yeah, it was pretty easy to see the original ad by looking up your posts. That FS thread also has someone in it that seems to know something about that radio, and sent out a "warning" about nipped wires? I'd file a dispute, contact the seller and tell him you want to return it for a full refund, then move on.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

I agree I would send it all back. Although the ad never states the condition of the receivers only the transmitter (Radio works great) I would send it all back for a full refund. The condition of the receivers should have been clearly stated IMHO. If the receivers looks this bad I would be concerned about how the radio was treated as well. Even though you can't see any damage the condition of the receivers shows somebody that doesn't really care for their equipment to a level I would be comfortable with. Hate it man, but cut losses on this one is my opinion. Looking at the ad there is someone talking about how some things may not have been stated in the ad so I am sure this would only help your case.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip
yeah, it was pretty easy to see the original ad by looking up your posts. That FS thread also has someone in it that seems to know something about that radio, and sent out a "warning" about nipped wires? I'd file a dispute, contact the seller and tell him you want to return it for a full refund, then move on.
Yeah I saw that post after I sent the funds unfortunately...
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

send that JUNK back! they look horrible do they even work?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Send it all back. And start looking again for a new radio. I wouldn't trust the radio if they treated the receivers that bad.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Return his junk!

fyi.....ask for more pics next time. Honest sellers won't have an issue with giving you some.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Return his junk!

fyi.....ask for more pics next time. Honest sellers won't have an issue with giving you some.
+1 too honest sellers will provide more pictures.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Definitely return all get money and add to list.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hangit62
Originally Posted by romian14
Hey man I got the radio in the mail today. The radio looks great, but man the receivers are in bad condition. You never said anything or showed any pics of the receivers condition. One of the receivers has a very badly cracked case, it has superglue and ca glue all over it. I have no idea how the wire is because I'm not touching it until you contact me. Same with the other but it's not as bad. You also ca glued carbon fiber tape? Why would you do that and why would you bundle up the wires like that?

Contact me ASAP to find a resolution
Send it back to me and I will refund you !!!!!!!! Simple as that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go buy a new one for 450.00
Hey buddy I don't like your attitude, you said NOTHING to me or on the ad about the receivers being like this. Don't yell at me like its my fault either
I want to keep the transmitter and return both of the receivers. Let me know what we can do...
Ha ha so funny sende me the radio and receivers back and I will give u a full refund

Thanks
Danny
Sorry about the not listed issues with the receivers
I don't know what's so funny about this situation but I'm not laughing...
I told you would like to keep the transmitter and return the receivers. Let me know what you think the partial refund can be.
Here's the deal buddy there's going to be NO partial Refund !!! I've told you twice now to send me back the transmitter and I would give you a full refund !!! Take it or leave it you already got on hell of a deal !!!! I've already apologized to you and I'm not going to be going back and forth soooooo...... It's as simple as sending it back to me and I will give you a full refund !!
Hell of a deal?!?? Ya you sure gave me a hell of a deal on your JUNK! The going rate for a futaba 4pk in good condition is in the range of $215 to $265. You might of given me a good transmitter but the receivers NO WAY! Even on the pics, it seemed like you knew the condition of the receivers and you were trying to hide it! You think someone is going to be happy with the condition of these receivers?! NO ONE WANTS YOUR BEAT UP STUFF, GOT IT?!
I'll send the whole thing back only if you pay the return shipping. If not, I will file a claim with Paypal for the partial refund. It will be a pretty easy case, as you didn't provide a honest, clear information or pic of the receivers. Why should I lose money to your stupidity??

Well I'm not!
Call me ass hole !!!!!!!!!
909 227-****
I'm not a dumb punk ass kid and your not going to talk to me like one !!! If you want to file a claim go ahead !!!! Makes no difference to me I tried being nice now I'm done everything is in working condition with no issues with how they operate !!!!!! Ill pay return shipping for your cheap ass no problem !!!!
Call me ASAP
Yeah this is escalating, not a very respectful seller either...

I think I'll go ahead what you guys said and return the whole thing back to him.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

To cover yourself when you return it make sure you send it back with insurance and tracking and signature confirmation. Then there is no way for him to say he never got it, and scam you more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.