Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
V3500 LEFT RETALIATORY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AFTER TRYING TO INTIMIDATE ME!!!!!!! >

V3500 LEFT RETALIATORY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AFTER TRYING TO INTIMIDATE ME!!!!!!!

V3500 LEFT RETALIATORY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AFTER TRYING TO INTIMIDATE ME!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone got a receiver or 3 for sale?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Location: second star to the right...straight on til morning!
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Horizon Hobby is the best

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
ughh....

Well, you've now modified the item. I personally wouldn't accept it for return any longer.

IMO, early on in this deal a refund was offered and you should have taken it. At this point knowing that you "altered" the item a claim with PP would be a gamble.

If AE is still willing to help you send them to Horizon for repair I would be nice to him and accept his help. Or send them in yourself and they'll likely just send you new ones for free anyway, a lot of people have posted that they tend to do so.

all of the above is my opinion.

I had to comment on this......If you ever have a warranty issue just contact them.
You can use there on-line form or call directly.
here is my story:

My cousin gave me a used dx6I radio he had used for years.
i used it on a T-rex 450 SE and Blade 400 and multiple other planes.
It was the 1st generation. Well, it went bad. It was a great inexpensive radio and I figured I would send it in for repairs. I figured it would cost around 50.00 bucks to repair it and then about 15.00 bucks for shipping.
I was contacted less than a week by Larry Ince. He said he had bad news.
it was beyon repair.
I said thanks for taking the time to check it over....that's when he surprised me by saying, " since it was the a first generation radio and there where problems with the intemittent gimballs and trim acuators and old firmware he just could not repair it." however, he was replacing it FREE OF CHARGE!
now i must have sound like a 13 year old girl at a Beiber concert. because i know i squealed over the phone. i took my credit card out of my wallet to offer it to him for the cost of shipping.....again, Larry surprized me saying it was on him.
three days later I received at brand new dx6I radio DSMX with updated firmware. and a note apologizing to the fact that i would have to re-setup and bind my aircrafts to the new radio. I bet if Larry could have done it he woulda. he actually apologized that i would have to reprogramm my brand new, tax free, shipped free radio.

who does stuff like that????......HORIZON that's who!!!!!!

they have treated me like royalty.....i will forever be greatful to Larry and the good people at Horizon Hobby!!!!

If any would like to see a picture of the return slip and a picture of my new radio please send me your email address and i will be happy to prove it to you.

Ths story does not reflect on who was right or who was wrong in this thread.
this story was told to encourage members to trust in Horizon Hobby they stand by their products. This thread should not exist. Horizon would have replaced the products. what's better than cheap used/broken receivers?
Brand new free receivers....that to me is what i call a no-brainer!

I would like end this by saying:
Thank you to Horizon Hobby, the greatest customer service in the verse!!!!!!!!
-Matt

Last edited by OUTCAST; 02-22-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: adding my name
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crash118s View Post
me personally, i wouldnt make an offer of refund or anything until one of the mods steps in(if they step in) and says to do so one way or the other.....

there is also a paypal claim, but with all this "evidence" and "information" that has been provided by both parties, i would assume that paypal is gonna say that the purchase has been "altered" and there is no way to know if anything else was "altered".

and to the person that posted about USPS throwing packages around....thats no lie!!!
i learned a while back to never put the word "FRAGILE" on a package because they will play football in it....that was a T-R-A-S-H-E-D rc car!!!

to v3500 - ur best bet is to send the recievers in and have them replaced and be done with this entire deal. theres no point in damaging ur reputation or someone elses over some RX's! its not the end of the world. and i agree with the person that said this has been blown WAY out of proportion
We can't and don't tell any member how to deal with their personal transactions. We may offer advice and our opinion but it's no different than any other member doing so. There are situations when we will request specific information, which can have an affect on your membership here depending on how you deal with that request.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

AE SC10 4x4..I can understand being frustrated BUT that doesn't make it ok to make some of the comments you did towards V3500. Be glad more super mods don't spend much time in the section, I know of more than one who would have sent you on a vacation.

V3500, early on you were offered a refund. Regardless of what the seller told you to do with the receiver you made the choice to move forward and alter it.

The two of you need to decide where to go from here.

v3500, either you want to keep them or you don't.

AE, it's up to you if you want to issue a refund or not.

If you can't agree, let PP decide.

As has been posted, whatever you decide, use the PP claims option so you're covered.

I'll deal with the feedback once this deal is as done as it's going to get.

Do all of this without the needless back and forth bickering!!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

This is a good example why im leaving this hobby. 50% of it is spent arguing, 40% wrenching (which I enjoy), and 10 % actually racing after driving 2 hours to get to the closest track.

I brought one item here the buyer tried to conceal damage to the item, and sold an SC10 which the buyer experienced buyers remorse and filed a PP claim. Guess What? Both lost their claims.

PP is great with the dispute process. I trust them 100%.

Far as this situation is concerned it's just noise. 2 people with nothing better to do then trying to get the last word. I Used to play into it too.

See the signature? I personally think it couldn't be more true.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia View Post
This is a good example why im leaving this hobby. 50% of it is spent arguing, 40% wrenching (which I enjoy), and 10 % actually racing after driving 2 hours to get to the closest track.

I brought one item here the buyer tried to conceal damage to the item, and sold an SC10 which the buyer experienced buyers remorse and filed a PP claim. Guess What? Both lost their claims.

PP is great with the dispute process. I trust them 100%.

Far as this situation is concerned it's just noise. 2 people with nothing better to do then trying to get the last word. I Used to play into it too.

See the signature? I personally think it couldn't be more true.
++

Thanks for the post.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V3500 View Post
++

Thanks for the post.
Case in point
Old 02-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Based on PM's I was sent this thread is done. Any further contact between the two involved (or anyone else for that matter) that isn't done in a respectful manner will have consequences.