Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Have been scammed !!! dont deal with COLDIRON73  ***read**** >

Have been scammed !!! dont deal with COLDIRON73 ***read****

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have been scammed !!! dont deal with COLDIRON73 ***read****

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Have been scammed !!! dont deal with COLDIRON73 ***read****

THIS was a trade deal i shipped out and he shipped out tracking number was good and eveything seemed ok .... then coldiron73 recalled his package and i notified him he said that ups could not read the address??? and tht he worked it out. My package was delivered to him and so was his package =( he got a free rc car ..... is there anything i can do ???? DO NOT DEAL WITH COLDIRON73 ( donald coldiron) HE IS A SCAM

Last edited by nitronick; 02-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Everyone who follows this section knows my opinion on trades.....a stupid idea for 99% of users on here!

The two of you are the perfect example of what NOT to do.

Sorry to say but best of luck, you're pretty much screwed.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes i have his address.. cant i file charges on Mail Fraud ???
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

He also goes by the username belliso(last login date was in 2012, though I suspect it may be reused again)

Check out the email address used in his threads under both names....

Under username coldiron73:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rno-buggy.html

Under username belliso:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-must-see.html
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

In short, if you never receive anything in a two week period, you can assume that he committed what's called wire fraud. If you really feel your time and car was worth so much, you can file with his local PD. If they are not too busy being "busy", they may pay this guy a visit. You need to save all communication you can, you will need to prove he did it.

Also its not a bad idea to call around his local pawn shops and ask if someone pawned, sold or tried to sell it. If they did sell it, you may have a good chance to get it back assuming the pawn shop still has it.

Outside of that, what racer1812 said, you're SOL. I've learned the hard way that trading on forums is not just a bad idea but a moronic one. I have thought of ways where I can protect myself in future events but otherwise its not worth it. Next time you want to trade, you should ask that the user purchase your item. You can make him the counter offer that when he sends you your item, you will essentially buy it from him for what he paid you. This gives you some leverage because now Paypal is involved but its still not perfect. Even selling things on here is not perfect. If you're dealing with a scumbag, its better to just let them be.

Good luck and if you decide to visit this guy and bash his knee caps, post the pics or it didn't happen..
Old 02-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

this is being looked at....that's all I will say.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

rc tech is a great site and if eveyone was honest and responable lik adults the word would be a better place .... hopfully i get my stuff back but my father who is a ct cop will contact ky pd and talk to their cheif over there... i will be pressing charges
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitronick
my father who is a ct cop will contact ky pd and talk to their cheif over there...
In that case, you've got a much better chance of his local PD doing something about it. I've had good luck in the past when contacting a scammer's local police, but then again, I've also had them basically blow me off like I was wasting their precious time.

In a situation like this, could this guy be charged with receiving stolen property? I'm no law expert, but it seems like this would fit in that category.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Receiving stolen prop would mean that nitronick knowingly sold him something that was stolen. It doesn't quite fall into that category. Now if this guy knowingly sold this R.C stuff so someone else, then he is guilty of passing stolen prop and the person who purchased it is guilty of receiving stolen prop weather knowingly or not.

The smart thing here would be to let the kid know that he committed wire fraud and that he could be in a pinch of nitronick decided to press charges. Aside from getting back his R.C car, he may be compensated as well. Regardless, this is all useless talk unless someone actually calls the kid and tells him all this.

Also if the kid is fairly young, specially under the age of 18, I would try to contact his parents. Assuming he doesn't have dead beat parents, knowing that a charge case may be brought up on your kid that you're responsible for may trigger the parents to get proactive. Essentially all this can be taken care of in a fashionable matter but nothing is guaranteed.

Keep us in touch if anything does happen.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Receiving stolen prop would mean that nitronick knowingly sold him something that was stolen. It doesn't quite fall into that category. Now if this guy knowingly sold this R.C stuff so someone else, then he is guilty of passing stolen prop and the person who purchased it is guilty of receiving stolen prop weather knowingly or not.

The smart thing here would be to let the kid know that he committed wire fraud and that he could be in a pinch of nitronick decided to press charges. Aside from getting back his R.C car, he may be compensated as well. Regardless, this is all useless talk unless someone actually calls the kid and tells him all this.

Also if the kid is fairly young, specially under the age of 18, I would try to contact his parents. Assuming he doesn't have dead beat parents, knowing that a charge case may be brought up on your kid that you're responsible for may trigger the parents to get proactive. Essentially all this can be taken care of in a fashionable matter but nothing is guaranteed.

Keep us in touch if anything does happen.
not true. at least in california (which i assume would be similar to other states) it is a crime to possess stolen property. in this case the item was sent to him under false pretenses (scammed). it could therefor be argued that the property is in fact stolen. this is a fairly simplistic view of the situation however. even if the police were to take the report, the district attorney would still have to file the charges. where i'm from, our DA will not file charges in a theft case if there is some agreement for restitution. for instance, johnny has a party when his parents are out of town and one of johnny's friends steals mom's money in her drawer. the thief gets caught and agrees to pay johnny's mom back (which she is ok with). johnny never pays it back and now she wants to press charges. the DA won't file that case. they call it a civil matter at that point. it could be argued that the same scenario has played out here. it's very likely that the police either in your jurisdiction or his may say this is a civil matter and recommend that you sue for your money.

it sucks, but that's probably the way it should be (a civil matter). for it to be criminal, you have to prove that he had the intent to defraud you. he could say it got lost in the mail. he could say that the item he was going to trade you was stolen from him (along with the item you sent him). there are countless BS excuses he could use, but in the end, it just makes it difficult to prove intent.

moral of the story.....don't do trades.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

I don't think you read the comments thoroughly. Nitronick did not send him stolen property. At least im assuming that nitronick had rightful possession. Read the posts again starting with the 8th post, mainly his last sentence. If nitronick was the rightful possessor of the items, then the guy he sent it to cannot be charged with receiving stolen property because it was not stolen until the guy received it which would make him the thief. Nitronick would be the victim here. Now if the guy that ripped off nick were to pass on the goods, then the next person in line is guilt for possession of stolen goods weather knowingly or not.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

THat is correct i own and have paid in full with cash and have saved reciepts of evey part bought and spent into my car . donald coldiron of ky is not a minor in this case he is actually a 30-37 year old man who in this case cant afford to buy rc cars and decides to rip ppl off for them.

Last edited by nitronick; 02-18-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

I don't think you read the comments thoroughly. Nitronick did not send him stolen property. At least im assuming that nitronick had rightful possession. Read the posts again starting with the 8th post, mainly his last sentence. If nitronick was the rightful possessor of the items, then the guy he sent it to cannot be charged with receiving stolen property because it was not stolen until the guy received it which would make him the thief. Nitronick would be the victim here. Now if the guy that ripped off nick were to pass on the goods, then the next person in line is guilt for possession of stolen goods weather knowingly or not.
I read it thoroughly, I just think you don't understand the law. Again, in California receiving stolen property is the same section as possession of stolen property (496 PC). Again, assuming the intent is there, the moment he gets that stuff, it's stolen (obtained by fraud section 484 PC). So he theoretically would be guilty of the theft and possession/receiving stolen property.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

What you highlighted in my original post was the same as what you stated. Im not sure what your point is..
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

What you highlighted in my original post was the same as what you stated. Im not sure what your point is..
it's not the same. you're just not grasping it. time for me to move on...

best of luck to you nitronick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.