I need advice...

Reply

Old 02-17-2013, 12:47 AM
  #16  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (108)
 
M3Roc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ★216★
Posts: 995
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
I like how the picture blurs the receivers. I would send them back as you will not get very much for those.

And it flat out amazes me how people don't take care of their stuff.
To be honest, Im not even amused anymore by the fact that most people these days don't know how to take care of their things. What truly amuses me is the fact that they try to sell that garbage online because they know they can get away with crappy pictures and misleading descriptions.

Send that garbage back and be firm. Make it very clear that you want a full refund, no ifs and's or but's about it. Sounds to me like he knew the issues and he knew he was selling you junk, its the reason why he gave you an attitude.

There should be a better enforcement of selling threads regarding pics. I do my best to get the best pics and descriptions up and so should the rest of this community. We are in the 21st century, there is no reason why those pics should be so bad unless you're trying to hide something. I understand the mods here are stretched thin and I don't expect any grand change but this mainly falls on the users to demand clear pictures and clear descriptions.

Good luck and make it a point to get your money back. On that note, I would also caution any user thinking about doing business with this clown. If he is shady once, he has most likely been shady before and will continue to. You build a rep based on your intentions.
M3Roc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

File a paypal dispute immediately and ship that garbage back to him.
Davin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM
  #18  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (252)
 
hotrod87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kalispell Mt
Posts: 11,090
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3Roc View Post
To be honest, Im not even amused anymore by the fact that most people these days don't know how to take care of their things. What truly amuses me is the fact that they try to sell that garbage online because they know they can get away with crappy pictures and misleading descriptions.

Send that garbage back and be firm. Make it very clear that you want a full refund, no ifs and's or but's about it. Sounds to me like he knew the issues and he knew he was selling you junk, its the reason why he gave you an attitude.

There should be a better enforcement of selling threads regarding pics. I do my best to get the best pics and descriptions up and so should the rest of this community. We are in the 21st century, there is no reason why those pics should be so bad unless you're trying to hide something. I understand the mods here are stretched thin and I don't expect any grand change but this mainly falls on the users to demand clear pictures and clear descriptions.

Good luck and make it a point to get your money back. On that note, I would also caution any user thinking about doing business with this clown. If he is shady once, he has most likely been shady before and will continue to. You build a rep based on your intentions.
As it's always been . The mods do not regulate ( for lack of a better word) the for sale/trade ads. They will tell you it's buyer beware. It is up to the buyer to make sure they get good pics and description . The key is communication . A mod should not have to authorize every ad to make sure it has good pics good info etc . It's not that way on craigslist or the local trader rag or paper. This is why feedback is also very important. More people should use neutral or positive with a description of yes it is what the ad said but he didn't give shipping info or he ignored my PM' s for days and was on here. All this helps the next guy. Too many of us get caught up in (my situation) and forget about our brothers and sisters that may do business with the guy we just did.
hotrod87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 AM
  #19  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (252)
 
hotrod87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kalispell Mt
Posts: 11,090
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Davin View Post
File a paypal dispute immediately and ship that garbage back to him.
Yes PayPal dispute and go from there. With all the negative things happening this will help protect you both.
hotrod87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM
  #20  
Tech Master
iTrader: (118)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,819
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Another case of not researching enough before buying. Asking for more pics and info would have most likely avoided this whole situation.

Once again, in no way am I defending the seller. Those receivers are garbage. I would never try to pass something off to someone that looked like that. Nor would I not have mentioned how beat the receivers were, even if they do work fine. CA and electronics don't get along too well and I can't imagine why he would do that, but you never know with some people.

He offered to have you send everything back for a refund and even offered to pay return shipping (don't count on the return shipping part). Between him using some shady selling tactics and you not taking the time to ask for more pics and description of the receivers, (especially since there were no clear pics of them) I think that's a fair solution. I wouldn't expect him to take back the receivers, but not the transmitter either. And as far as I know, paypal won't see it that way either. I had a similar situation before and paypal wanted me to return everything for a full refund.

If I were you, I would contact paypal and find out exactly what you need to do to ensure you get a full refund before you contact the seller anymore. Follow their directions exactly and get your money back and find another radio that doesn't have any issues.
harry697 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM
  #21  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (110)
 
romian14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,867
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Dispute opened, sending back the whole thing today.
romian14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57 AM
  #22  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (133)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,166
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by romian14 View Post
Dispute opened, sending back the whole thing today.
I would only send everything back after paypal advises you to. They have to side in your favor first then they will tell you how to ship items back.
timannnn6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:35 PM
  #23  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,426
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

DO NOT mail, until Paypal advises you too. Just incase in the rare event they side with the seller.
Seether is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:55 PM
  #24  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
crash118s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

also take VERY CLEAR pictures of everything he sent u!!! that way if paypal asks u for proof of anything(yes, im talking from experience). but like stated before, do not mail anything out until paypal tells u to
crash118s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:25 AM
  #25  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,159
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Just a side note. You can probably get a new receiver case from Futaba and you can get replacement antenna's from a few places. I had a top deck break on my TC and it guillotined my antenna. Was pretty simple to replace.

I'd go for a full refund as you know if the receivers look like that, who knows what he did to the transmitter.

Good luck!
orcadigital is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM
  #26  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (133)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,166
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Just a side note. You can probably get a new receiver case from Futaba and you can get replacement antenna's from a few places. I had a top deck break on my TC and it guillotined my antenna. Was pretty simple to replace.

I'd go for a full refund as you know if the receivers look like that, who knows what he did to the transmitter.

Good luck!
How do you get the cases apart when they are CA glued together?
timannnn6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 AM
  #27  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (110)
 
romian14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,867
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
How do you get the cases apart when they are CA glued together?
Yes, they are CA glued together. Plus on the receiver with the broken case, the board is loose and may have been damaged as well.

I sent him a PM and he's been online so he's seen em but is choosing to ignore em....
romian14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 AM
  #28  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (244)
 
2canSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: RIP Frosty, Best Dog Ever
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 244 (100%+)
Default

I would just let PayPal deal with the claim if the seller has stopped responding. Grab a screenshot of the original ad (I have the ad saved as a PDF if you need it) where it is mentioned that some details may have been left out. This is one where I would pack it at the post office and video the packing, sealing and handing it to the post office employee so that it can not be disputed what was sent back. Good luck man. Hate to see one of the good ones in a deal like this.
2canSAM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:16 PM
  #29  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (226)
 
skengines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Blah Vegas
Posts: 5,296
Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)
Default

Incredible. The nerve of some people to sell their junk.

Return it like what others have said.
skengines is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
  #30  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (36)
 
marvinbeaverdip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rochester MN
Posts: 491
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
How do you get the cases apart when they are CA glued together?
you just break the case. CA glue isn't really all that strong, plus who cares if they break the case since they've got a replacement. Best thing to do would be to get a refund, but if that can't happen and they actually work, getting a new case is a pretty good solution. Same goes with ESCs..
marvinbeaverdip is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service