I need advice...

Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
I like how the picture blurs the receivers. I would send them back as you will not get very much for those.

And it flat out amazes me how people don't take care of their stuff.
To be honest, Im not even amused anymore by the fact that most people these days don't know how to take care of their things. What truly amuses me is the fact that they try to sell that garbage online because they know they can get away with crappy pictures and misleading descriptions.

Send that garbage back and be firm. Make it very clear that you want a full refund, no ifs and's or but's about it. Sounds to me like he knew the issues and he knew he was selling you junk, its the reason why he gave you an attitude.

There should be a better enforcement of selling threads regarding pics. I do my best to get the best pics and descriptions up and so should the rest of this community. We are in the 21st century, there is no reason why those pics should be so bad unless you're trying to hide something. I understand the mods here are stretched thin and I don't expect any grand change but this mainly falls on the users to demand clear pictures and clear descriptions.

Good luck and make it a point to get your money back. On that note, I would also caution any user thinking about doing business with this clown. If he is shady once, he has most likely been shady before and will continue to. You build a rep based on your intentions.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

File a paypal dispute immediately and ship that garbage back to him.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
To be honest, Im not even amused anymore by the fact that most people these days don't know how to take care of their things. What truly amuses me is the fact that they try to sell that garbage online because they know they can get away with crappy pictures and misleading descriptions.

Send that garbage back and be firm. Make it very clear that you want a full refund, no ifs and's or but's about it. Sounds to me like he knew the issues and he knew he was selling you junk, its the reason why he gave you an attitude.

There should be a better enforcement of selling threads regarding pics. I do my best to get the best pics and descriptions up and so should the rest of this community. We are in the 21st century, there is no reason why those pics should be so bad unless you're trying to hide something. I understand the mods here are stretched thin and I don't expect any grand change but this mainly falls on the users to demand clear pictures and clear descriptions.

Good luck and make it a point to get your money back. On that note, I would also caution any user thinking about doing business with this clown. If he is shady once, he has most likely been shady before and will continue to. You build a rep based on your intentions.
As it's always been . The mods do not regulate ( for lack of a better word) the for sale/trade ads. They will tell you it's buyer beware. It is up to the buyer to make sure they get good pics and description . The key is communication . A mod should not have to authorize every ad to make sure it has good pics good info etc . It's not that way on craigslist or the local trader rag or paper. This is why feedback is also very important. More people should use neutral or positive with a description of yes it is what the ad said but he didn't give shipping info or he ignored my PM' s for days and was on here. All this helps the next guy. Too many of us get caught up in (my situation) and forget about our brothers and sisters that may do business with the guy we just did.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davin
File a paypal dispute immediately and ship that garbage back to him.
Yes PayPal dispute and go from there. With all the negative things happening this will help protect you both.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Another case of not researching enough before buying. Asking for more pics and info would have most likely avoided this whole situation.

Once again, in no way am I defending the seller. Those receivers are garbage. I would never try to pass something off to someone that looked like that. Nor would I not have mentioned how beat the receivers were, even if they do work fine. CA and electronics don't get along too well and I can't imagine why he would do that, but you never know with some people.

He offered to have you send everything back for a refund and even offered to pay return shipping (don't count on the return shipping part). Between him using some shady selling tactics and you not taking the time to ask for more pics and description of the receivers, (especially since there were no clear pics of them) I think that's a fair solution. I wouldn't expect him to take back the receivers, but not the transmitter either. And as far as I know, paypal won't see it that way either. I had a similar situation before and paypal wanted me to return everything for a full refund.

If I were you, I would contact paypal and find out exactly what you need to do to ensure you get a full refund before you contact the seller anymore. Follow their directions exactly and get your money back and find another radio that doesn't have any issues.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Dispute opened, sending back the whole thing today.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romian14
Dispute opened, sending back the whole thing today.
I would only send everything back after paypal advises you to. They have to side in your favor first then they will tell you how to ship items back.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

DO NOT mail, until Paypal advises you too. Just incase in the rare event they side with the seller.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

also take VERY CLEAR pictures of everything he sent u!!! that way if paypal asks u for proof of anything(yes, im talking from experience). but like stated before, do not mail anything out until paypal tells u to
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just a side note. You can probably get a new receiver case from Futaba and you can get replacement antenna's from a few places. I had a top deck break on my TC and it guillotined my antenna. Was pretty simple to replace.

I'd go for a full refund as you know if the receivers look like that, who knows what he did to the transmitter.

Good luck!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Just a side note. You can probably get a new receiver case from Futaba and you can get replacement antenna's from a few places. I had a top deck break on my TC and it guillotined my antenna. Was pretty simple to replace.

I'd go for a full refund as you know if the receivers look like that, who knows what he did to the transmitter.

Good luck!
How do you get the cases apart when they are CA glued together?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Yes, they are CA glued together. Plus on the receiver with the broken case, the board is loose and may have been damaged as well.

I sent him a PM and he's been online so he's seen em but is choosing to ignore em....
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

I would just let PayPal deal with the claim if the seller has stopped responding. Grab a screenshot of the original ad (I have the ad saved as a PDF if you need it) where it is mentioned that some details may have been left out. This is one where I would pack it at the post office and video the packing, sealing and handing it to the post office employee so that it can not be disputed what was sent back. Good luck man. Hate to see one of the good ones in a deal like this.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Incredible. The nerve of some people to sell their junk.

Return it like what others have said.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

you just break the case. CA glue isn't really all that strong, plus who cares if they break the case since they've got a replacement. Best thing to do would be to get a refund, but if that can't happen and they actually work, getting a new case is a pretty good solution. Same goes with ESCs..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.