>>** A WARNING FOR ALL ** <<

Reply

Old 02-28-2014, 07:35 AM
  #76  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (108)
 
M3Roc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ★216★
Posts: 995
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

That's the thing, I never used profane language in all the posts that I made in their public area. The only place that I carpet bombed was in one or two PM's when I really wasn't feeling courteous because of all the BS. A lot of users PM'd me on the traxxas site letting me know that they were thankful that I helped them and let them know. It seems like the only people who were being complete tools were the marshals. Its a complete lie that they want to take a complete hands off approach. They only care about the company's public image, they aren't there for the users. I really don't care what they do, they deleted all of my posts that had any content other then praise and worship of their product as they do with almost everyone there.

My reason for posting on their site wasn't even about their products, it was to warn the users that there was a thief on the loose in their forums. Like I may have mentioned earlier, the best response I got is "his IP address doesn't match" to his old user name that got banned for stealing too. Its too bad they couldn't lift a finger to find that the idiot was still using the same email. A simple google search would have given them a lot of proof but frankly, I don't care. It looks to me as though he ripped off another kid recently under the old name that I warned the marshals about and someone had mentioned that he's using a new alias once again. Truthfully, I don't care how many get ripped off on the traxxas site, that's not my problem, never was. I wouldn't doubt it if he already created a new alias on this site as well.
M3Roc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:13 AM
  #77  
Tech Apprentice
 
Dadx2mj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 68
Default

This is some of the most ridiculous and uninformed ranting I have ever seen. The Traxxas forum is what it is. It is owned and operated by a major corporation and is there to support the company and help its members. It clearly will be biased in a pro Traxxas manner and to expect anything else from a corporation is naive. The moderators are obviously going to be pro Traxxas and calling them all "shill's is just a derogatory way of stating the obvious.

M3Roc says he is responding to being attacked yet he is the one who attacked the Traxxas forum and moderators as a group many times here. He is either misinformed or just not telling the truth in many ways. He agreed to follow the rules of the Traxxas forum when he created his account there but boasts he does not care about them and got very upset when they were enforced. Why should he be above the rules that are enforced on all members there? He is upset because he was ripped of by a thief, that is understandable however if he was as smart has he wants to believe he would have done his due diligence and investigated the person he was dealing with before he shipped off his laptop. That was just foolish on his part yet he wants to tell everyone that the Traxxas moderators are idiots, funny I am pretty sure we all still have our laptops.

He also wants to rant because we have not banned the thief over a deal that did not take place on the Traxxas forum. We should just take his word for it even though he conducted himself like a Troll. He is very miss informed here yet professes something different. The FACT is this suspected thief has been banned on the Traxxas forum along with duplicate accounts he has created. Problem is he will likely continue to create new accounts and it is so easy to mask IP's or use cell phones that get new IP regularly that an IP ban does little to stop anyone any more. Banning him almost plays into his hand to rip more people off, when he was using the original account he had negative feedback that any member could see if they looked. Now he will likely have a new identity with no feedback or maybe fake feedback he can easily create on his own.

Bottom line is if you get ripped off it is on you not on the forum or website where you made the deal. You can rant all you want and call the moderators idiots even though it is clearly stated up front the responsibility lies with you not the mods.

One last note to M3Roc ,,,,I do not believe you for one second that a Traxxas moderator made the disparaging remarks about the other moderators that you posted. IMO that is a flat out lie and just further shows your true nature.
Dadx2mj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:38 AM
  #78  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
spookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Dude, aren't you a mod on the Traxxas forum?
Dadx2mj Dadx2mj is online now
Marshal
http://traxxas.com/forums/member.php?66233-Dadx2mj

You've been here since 2008, and have 66 posts? Wow, and you post here, now?
spookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:44 AM
  #79  
Tech Apprentice
 
Dadx2mj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by spookie View Post
Dude, aren't you a mod on the Traxxas forum?
Dadx2mj Dadx2mj is online now
Marshal
http://traxxas.com/forums/member.php?66233-Dadx2mj
Most definitely I am a "Guest Marshal" or moderator on the Traxxas forum. I assumed that would be obvious from my post.
Dadx2mj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:44 AM
  #80  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (108)
 
M3Roc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ★216★
Posts: 995
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
This is some of the most ridiculous and uninformed ranting I have ever seen. The Traxxas forum is what it is. It is owned and operated by a major corporation and is there to support the company and help its members. It clearly will be biased in a pro Traxxas manner and to expect anything else from a corporation is naive. The moderators are obviously going to be pro Traxxas and calling them all "shill's is just a derogatory way of stating the obvious.

M3Roc says he is responding to being attacked yet he is the one who attacked the Traxxas forum and moderators as a group many times here. He is either misinformed or just not telling the truth in many ways. He agreed to follow the rules of the Traxxas forum when he created his account there but boasts he does not care about them and got very upset when they were enforced. Why should he be above the rules that are enforced on all members there? He is upset because he was ripped of by a thief, that is understandable however if he was as smart has he wants to believe he would have done his due diligence and investigated the person he was dealing with before he shipped off his laptop. That was just foolish on his part yet he wants to tell everyone that the Traxxas moderators are idiots, funny I am pretty sure we all still have our laptops.

He also wants to rant because we have not banned the thief over a deal that did not take place on the Traxxas forum. We should just take his word for it even though he conducted himself like a Troll. He is very miss informed here yet professes something different. The FACT is this suspected thief has been banned on the Traxxas forum along with duplicate accounts he has created. Problem is he will likely continue to create new accounts and it is so easy to mask IP's or use cell phones that get new IP regularly that an IP ban does little to stop anyone any more. Banning him almost plays into his hand to rip more people off, when he was using the original account he had negative feedback that any member could see if they looked. Now he will likely have a new identity with no feedback or maybe fake feedback he can easily create on his own.

Bottom line is if you get ripped off it is on you not on the forum or website where you made the deal. You can rant all you want and call the moderators idiots even though it is clearly stated up front the responsibility lies with you not the mods.

One last note to M3Roc ,,,,I do not believe you for one second that a Traxxas moderator made the disparaging remarks about the other moderators that you posted. IMO that is a flat out lie and just further shows your true nature.
It took a while but I was certain you would chime in...
Anymore traxxas mods out there other then Dadx2mj and ksb51rl?
M3Roc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:49 AM
  #81  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Traxxass (is it one "s", or two?) mods coming here to defend their own forums? really? And I didn't find his ranting ridiculous or misinformed in the slightest. Sounded spot on to me. Everybody knows the traxxass forums are strictly a "pro-traxxass-only" type place where any decent towards the brand is deleted in a quick fascist motion. You are not likely to find any sympathy or agreement here.

What does anybody's hate over the traxxass forums have to do with this guy getting ripped off?
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 AM
  #82  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
spookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
Most definitely I am a "Guest Marshal" or moderator on the Traxxas forum. I assumed that would be obvious from my post.
Just clearing up why you would take the time to post here, after being a member since 2008. Hmm, curious, stalking comes to mind. So I take it someone here alerted you to his post? And you felt compelled to respond? Fact of the matter is I no longer spend any time there either. I watch some spout wrong info to new people and never get corrected by the mods. Just out of curiosity, was the big blowup with 50togo over pushing a better steering servo than Traxxas brand? If so, it can be assumed that yes, Traxxas pushes their own brand over a better competitor. Say Zippy for me lol. Or Turnigy. I was googling a part some time back, hit a Traxxas thread from 2008 or 09, guess what? There used to be no problem with the censorship that exist there now. So what happened? What changed?
spookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 AM
  #83  
Tech Apprentice
 
Dadx2mj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Traxxas mods coming here to defend their own forums? really?
More of a setting the record straight at least for my own benefit. I am well aware the general feeling here towards the Traxxas forum is very bad and that is not likely to change. However there is a LOT of miss information posted here and I simply wanted to give what I thought was a reasonable explanation and give the truth about some miss information like the fact the accounts were in fact banned on the Traxxas forum.
Dadx2mj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:54 AM
  #84  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
spookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Traxxas mods coming here to defend their own forums? really?
Lmao, pretty sad huh.
spookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 AM
  #85  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (59)
 
Slo_E4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,161
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Dadx2mj

This is in regard to your long post.... While there are guys out there that are not dumb, You would be surprised how many people do not know the information that you just posted. Thanks for coming over here and letting our scammers know too. Really appreciate it.
Slo_E4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:37 AM
  #86  
Tech Master
iTrader: (118)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,848
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

With all the effort the OP has put into this thread and others on the same topic, I just have to ask: Was a report ever filed with ic3 or the local police?

While I sympathize with you in this deal, I just can't imagine that after what this thread has become, the basic measures weren't taken to get your stuff back. I've been in your shoes before and I also got into it with mods on the Traxxas forum (my deal actually took place there BTW) but that was after I drove myself to the police station and filed a report. Needless to say I had my money back within a week of filing that police report. After the important matters were handled, I then got on the computer and tried to warn others.


As for the Traxxas forum: I can relate to your frustrations. Like I said, I was in the same boat before. I had my share of deleted posts and warnings. Did I think it was fair? No and I still don't. But as stated above, it's a privately owned website and they can run it however they see fit. And keep in mind that the mods don't own the site, nor do they make the rules. So arguing with them may give you a bit of self satisfaction, but it's not gonna help your crusade because they are simply volunteers who help enforce the rules that someone else made up. If you really want to go somewhere with your argument, perhaps calling 1-888-TRAXXAS would be a better place to start.

Of course, I would have called the police long before calling the Traxxas hotline, but apparently I just value my money and possessions a bit more.
harry697 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:21 AM
  #87  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (92)
 
QYKLSVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 2,189
Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default

This thread needs a lock. Now the Traxxas "enforcement" is coming over to defend themselves, for whatever reason. Most likely a user on there ran swiftly to one of them with a remark about the thread.

It is adding nothing to the thread, and they are getting all the attention they love...
QYKLSVR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 PM
  #88  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (108)
 
M3Roc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ★216★
Posts: 995
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
With all the effort the OP has put into this thread and others on the same topic, I just have to ask: Was a report ever filed with ic3 or the local police?

While I sympathize with you in this deal, I just can't imagine that after what this thread has become, the basic measures weren't taken to get your stuff back. I've been in your shoes before and I also got into it with mods on the Traxxas forum (my deal actually took place there BTW) but that was after I drove myself to the police station and filed a report. Needless to say I had my money back within a week of filing that police report. After the important matters were handled, I then got on the computer and tried to warn others.


As for the Traxxas forum: I can relate to your frustrations. Like I said, I was in the same boat before. I had my share of deleted posts and warnings. Did I think it was fair? No and I still don't. But as stated above, it's a privately owned website and they can run it however they see fit. And keep in mind that the mods don't own the site, nor do they make the rules. So arguing with them may give you a bit of self satisfaction, but it's not gonna help your crusade because they are simply volunteers who help enforce the rules that someone else made up. If you really want to go somewhere with your argument, perhaps calling 1-888-TRAXXAS would be a better place to start.

Of course, I would have called the police long before calling the Traxxas hotline, but apparently I just value my money and possessions a bit more.
I did not involve the police or iC3 even though I was aware of those avenues and chose not to pursue them. During the time that the incident happened, I was traveling a lot and always on the road, I had to keep my mind focused on my work. Had the laptop meant that much to me, I would have personally stopped in the town that the jackal lives in and taken it back myself. It just wasn't worth it for me to get in a confrontation even though I drove past his town many times.

I really find it completely amusing that not one but TWO mods from the traxxas site came all the way to RCT to spank me because I told them to bite me in a more flavorful fashion. I never asked them to get involved or to take care of any problem that I had, matter fact, I made it very clear from the beginning that the transaction never even occurred on their forum. I tried to be as blunt and specific as I could to point out that a member who's on multiple RC sites, has multiple user names is stealing from people by offering trades for RC cars. I made it very easy for just one mod to do a little research and find out that the same jackarse is even using the same email.

I wasn't being insistent or flavorful until I noticed that one or two more users just got ripped off. Then I doubled down on leaving comments on the thieves "for sale or trade" pages alerting users and sending PM's to other users who made it clear that they wanted to do business with the thief. Many PM'ed me back thanking me once they saw for themselves who he really was. For all of this, my replies were all deleted and I was scolded. I was given warning's for "thread dumping" and told never to do it again.

I really lost it when a user had opened a new thread in their "seller/buyer review" section stating that he was ripped off. Although a few comments were left including mine stating that the mods were warned about this thief, they were all deleted and again I was reprimanded.

It really pushes me emotionally and mentally that now they have the audacity to come to this site and bash me with their super mod lingo.. They have the chutzpah to tell me that I'M ON A PERSONAL VENDETTA!? YEAH, YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT I'M ON A PERSONAL VENDETTA! Had either of you shills took the time to read this whole thread from start to finish, you would have seen that I put forth a lot of effort to let everyone know who this jackarse is and the mods on this great forum took swift action to make sure he was always on the run while traxxas mods dragged their feet and allowed him to steal once more! Giving him a safe haven..

Lastly, what I wrote to the last mod in a personal PM before I decided that I wasn't interested in the traxxas dump of a forum was just that, personal. If you're gonna come on here to air out your dirty laundry, don't be surprised to find no sympathy. If either of you have an issue with me, deal with it. RCT has a PM system as well, you could have easily contacted me on there so that I could have privately told to you stick your d*c* in a bee hive. It looks to me like YOU'RE the one with a personal vendetta and everyone on here now has the chance to make up their own opinion, something not allowed at traxxas..

Yeah, this is an arena of open minded people and opinions that don't get deleted because they aren't necessarily PC. Must be shocking not being able to delete anything that isn't worship and praise of traxxas...

Last edited by M3Roc; 02-28-2014 at 01:22 PM.
M3Roc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:13 PM
  #89  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (108)
 
M3Roc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ★216★
Posts: 995
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
Dadx2mj

This is in regard to your long post.... While there are guys out there that are not dumb, You would be surprised how many people do not know the information that you just posted. Thanks for coming over here and letting our scammers know too. Really appreciate it.
I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for letting everyone looking to scam know that they have a safe haven over at traxxas. This is why I stick to RCT for my RC needs even if it were traxxas related.
M3Roc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM
  #90  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,177
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

If the mods on the Traxxas forum aren't employees how much Traxx'ass' do members have to kiss to get a mod job there?

If the 2 of you think there is so much misinformation on this site about Traxxas why don't you try and educate people? Probably because you don't have any power here and it's easier to heard the sheep on a company owned site.

Go back to where you came from or be a constructive member of THIS site.

"I'm a mod on the Traxxas forum", that impresses no one. How hard can that be, delete anything anti Traxxas.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service