Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

send it back ask for refund
Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default man, some people...

Another case of people selling their junk on here 8(

Sorry OP but when an ad says the motor is bad and the esc case is broken, doesnt that throw up any red flags for you?

How the hell do you break an esc case if there wasnt a major crash, and I mean a major crash since most people screw down their rx8s???!!!

If you cracked it putting the case back together, why did you take it apart and when you crank on one corner screw too hard and break it, dont you learn your lesson for the others?

Boggles my mind how you crack an esc case
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default tip# 1

Tip #1 for anyone selling things on RCTech:

If you EVER used superglue on ANY part of what you are selling, ITS JUNK! NOBODY WANTS YOUR JUNK!

If it works, save it for your kid or some other charity who wont mind the superglue on a functioning donation.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
send it back ask for refund

read then post.. seller refused a requested refund.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Not defending the seller by any means, but IMO as the buyer you probably should have asked for more pics and info. According to the ad, both the motor and esc were damaged to some extent. That right there would have made me ask tons of questions and request more pics from all angles, if I didn't pass on it altogether.

While the items are definitely in worse condition than the seller's description claimed, it didn't sound like good equipment regardless. He may not have known about the chewed-up wires considering they were routed (poorly I should add) in the vehicle. Requesting more pics would have probably made the wire issue obvious. Then again, if I were selling something and discovered an issue like that after payment was sent, I would notify the buyer and let them know about it. Deceptive selling practices for sure!

Good luck with the appeal. Either way, this sour deal should be a good lesson for future purchases.

Last edited by rcfanatic573; 01-27-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: wrong post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing View Post
I'm used to being on a forum where one of the members is the owner. this one appears to be owned by vertical scope or something of the like judging by all the advertisements. am I right?
Actually it's Internet Brands
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Now I'm not defending this seller at all here but everyone has a different opinion on whats good, great, excellent etc means. I worked for an ebay store for years that sold just used items and once I took over the descriptions were much more exact, and our feedback got better due to myself knowing more about what we were selling at the time. I would say something was in good shape, has a lot of use on it, wear, but still works etc. The item would sell very cheap, $200 ESC for say $75 and once in a awhile you get those guys that are pissed its not almost new and cry about how worn it is, and want a partial refund and ruin most ebay stores because you want to get an almost new used item for nothing. If you pay almost nothing for something its usually crap, don't complain after about how it sucks and your the victim, you took a chance.

If you have no idea who the seller is, no real good pictures, no good description, YOUR taking the chance because the seller might think it has minor wear but to you its crap.

My point is remember, everyone has a different opinion don't all of a sudden think a seller is a scammer when maybe you shouldn't have bought a $320 ESC system for less than half that price and warnings that its got problems. Let them explain themselves and try to make it right.

In this case the seller is obviously in the wrong not responding, didn't mention some key details, but next time just spend the extra $$ and get a new one. BTW you can buy a brand new system shipped for about $280.00.

Andy
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

great explanation there.

when i buy used items, i always consider the worst case condition of the item matching the selling price. if i feel the worst case condition does not match the selling price, then i wont commit to buy it. if item arrived is better than the worst case that i anticipated, its a bonus.

this way the probability of me buying used item that is not meeting my expectation is minimized. if item arrived is ''practically new', its a real big bonus.

if the selling price is almost like a brand new one - ie by $50 for a MMM ESC, i might as well buy new that comes with 1 year warranty.

condition of a used item is very subjective for one person to another...this is the risk buying used item.

just sharing/suggestion so as to reduce issues/dissatisfaction when buying used items online.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I just recently got my T8 setup and was looking at that ad. The case and rotor was why I avoided it. They way I see it, when something breaks in RC, usually it gets fixed...not sold. A used RX8 goes for $120 to $150 from what I see here. Knowing that it would only take a $6 case (according to the decription) to be worth that, most people would go that route. A used 1900kv T8 goes for $90-$100. If a rotor is $47, that is what it is. For a $53 investment and not a lot of time, he could have sold the combo for $225+, assuming that is all that was wrong with it. That would have net him $172 instead of the $145 he sold it for. That is the math that red flags this kind of stuff for me.

I see it all the time with rollers and kits, where it is a "race winner" and "great condition" but just needs an arm or c-hub for $7. If that is all it needs, by the $7 part, replace it, and sell for the actual value.

To many times it's like this, where the item is far from described.

Shame on the seller for not representing his items well. Buyer beware as well though, do your due diligence. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Hope the claim works out for you.

Personally, after all the RX8 failure issues, I was too scared to buy one used and ended up buying the 150A HobbyWing for $96 new. I did find a 1900 T8 motor here used, got pictures, and transaction went perfect. I am in it $190 (about the same as you with the new rotor). Already have a race day on it and very pleased.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Im sorry for your run in with this but its the reality. In my opinion, the seller knew the issues were bad and he purposely put up a very blind picture. Anyone who wants to remove all doubt will show you pics. Its somewhat your fault for taking his word as law but its all his fault for being deceiving. I hate these type of opportunistic sellers who just want to sell junk and once its sold they want nothing to do with it because they know they lucked out by lying. If you payed through paypal, I would recommend trying to get your money back if that is still possible.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

I'll wait to post until it's over.

Last edited by timannnn6; 02-10-2013 at 10:40 PM.