Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving Feedback (Trader Ratings)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)
Default Leaving Feedback (Trader Ratings)

During the time I have been on RC Tech, I would say that a good amount of people here dont bother to take the time to leave a trader rating for someone that they had a transaction with. Leaving feedback for a fellow member is what helps to establish whether they are going to be a reputable seller/buyer. Most of what I have noticed is alot here dont bother to leave the positive feedback but are sure quick to leave the negative and bash anothers selling/buying ettiqutte. I myself have had a few crappy transactions, however I took the time to reconcile any differences with the seller/buyer resulting in positive feedback all the way around. Knock on wood, I have no negative feedback nor have I left any. Granted, there are gonna be those that are just too difficult to resolve that will result in negative feedback. My point is this, Take the time to help out a fellow RC Enthusiast. We are all in this to have FUN! Try to work things out. And remember, leave feedback. It helps the other members to make a sound decision in their future purchase/sales.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

OK dad.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by catogtp
OK dad.
^^^ Proof that there is always one in the crowd.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dangerous_toys
During the time I have been on RC Tech, I would say that a good amount of people here dont bother to take the time to leave a trader rating for someone that they had a transaction with. Leaving feedback for a fellow member is what helps to establish whether they are going to be a reputable seller/buyer. Most of what I have noticed is alot here dont bother to leave the positive feedback but are sure quick to leave the negative and bash anothers selling/buying ettiqutte. I myself have had a few crappy transactions, however I took the time to reconcile any differences with the seller/buyer resulting in positive feedback all the way around. Knock on wood, I have no negative feedback nor have I left any. Granted, there are gonna be those that are just too difficult to resolve that will result in negative feedback. My point is this, Take the time to help out a fellow RC Enthusiast. We are all in this to have FUN! Try to work things out. And remember, leave feedback. It helps the other members to make a sound decision in their future purchase/sales.
+1 Also would like to say I have delt with Dangerous_toys and he is a great guy to deal with for sure all around but back to what he was saying if everyone I had sold to would leave me feedback I would have a hole lot more than I do now! so it is very true!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by paintchip31
+1 Also would like to say I have delt with Dangerous_toys and he is a great guy to deal with for sure all around but back to what he was saying if everyone I had sold to would leave me feedback I would have a hole lot more than I do now! so it is very true!
Thank you! It has always been a pleasure doing business with you as well. I myself would have alot more feedback. Feedback is an important and vital tool in establishing a business reputation. There are benefits to receiving feedback. The more positive you get, the more business you get. Our friend Ebay uses feedback. As a seller, you actually get fee discounts for the more positive feedback you have as well as shipping & handling times and costs, and the amount of transactions you have. Its obvious, the more positive feedback one has, the more business he will get and the less hesitant buyers are to purchase from him.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Let me first say I'm in total agreement . Trader rating means just about everything. I am finding this out first hand . As a general rule people with more feedback usually know how to handle situations that can up during a buy/sell/trade. They also usually know how to communicate with the buyer/seller/trader and do it in a timely manner.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I agree, I would have more feedback on here esp as a seller. I generally don't leave feedback as a seller until I know the buyer has the item and is happy.

On a side note. I sold a guy here a motor on dec 19, 2012, and I got a pm saying that the rotor had separated from the shaft. I know it wasn't like that when I sold it to him....what should I do?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tran901
I agree, I would have more feedback on here esp as a seller. I generally don't leave feedback as a seller until I know the buyer has the item and is happy.

On a side note. I sold a guy here a motor on dec 19, 2012, and I got a pm saying that the rotor had separated from the shaft. I know it wasn't like that when I sold it to him....what should I do?
After a month, he's SOL imo. How long are you suppose to "stand behind" an item..month? 2 months?
Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Well racer, what should I say back to him?
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You sold it to him a month ago, so how long has he actually had it? Let's say 3 weeks? There's no way to know what he did with it in that time. Even if he did nothing wrong with it and it simply failed. (I've had one or two rotors separate, it happens) If it tested fine when he got it and now it failed that's not your problem IMO.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
You sold it to him a month ago, so how long has he actually had it? Let's say 3 weeks? There's no way to know what he did with it in that time. Even if he did nothing wrong with it and it simply failed. (I've had one or two rotors separate, it happens) If it tested fine when he got it and now it failed that's not your problem IMO.
100% agree. Also did Tran01, did you receive pos feedback for the item you sold? If so I would show that to paypal to show buyer was satisfied.

If he bench tested it and it ran fine. Great. He goes out and runs it one time it still works. Great.

A month later he pm's you "hey the rotor is toast". Call manufacturer.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

No he didn't leave me feedback. I always bench test electronics before I release them. I usually video record for this reason. But I have since deleted it since its been over a month
Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When I sell something I only garranty it not to be DOA. So after a week at most after the delivery confirmation, I'm done. Especially on RC and electronic items.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tran901
No he didn't leave me feedback. I always bench test electronics before I release them. I usually video record for this reason. But I have since deleted it since its been over a month
After that long it is on him really but if you wanted to be a nice guy and you have more motors for sale you could offer a discount on any that you have for sale but not much that would be more than fair on your part but up to you!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Let me first say I'm in total agreement . Trader rating means just about everything. I am finding this out first hand . As a general rule people with more feedback usually know how to handle situations that can up during a buy/sell/trade. They also usually know how to communicate with the buyer/seller/trader and do it in a timely manner.
Communicating with a buyer/seller should be a simple task for anyone, no matter how much feedback one has. It's really simple, "Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you". People need to treat the for sale forum like a business. Most however take it as a big joke. This isn't a game. It's about helping one another out as fellow enthusiasts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.