Leaving Feedback (Trader Ratings)

Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
You sold it to him a month ago, so how long has he actually had it? Let's say 3 weeks? There's no way to know what he did with it in that time. Even if he did nothing wrong with it and it simply failed. (I've had one or two rotors separate, it happens) If it tested fine when he got it and now it failed that's not your problem IMO.
I totally agree! Your selling him a motor. Not a motor with a warranty.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Tran901,

You could actually reply to me when i send a question to you. I'm not your average user or basher, and it was not a month between receiving and contacting you. I simply asked if you tested it.

The sticker is extremely melted and the wires are roasted. The rotor is actually separated from the shaft, it is garbage. If the motor was tested, it would have been evident that there was an issue. I got burned by you and did not complain at all sir. There are many members here that i race with multiple times a week that can attest to me never running the motor, I just will not buy from you again. My current job outside working as race director and a hobby shop is ebay. I know how important feedback is and how it impacts future purchases. I was giving you a chance to comment privately yet you take it public. It was a small purchase that did not need to get debated.

There is also a good chance that it was beaten around in shipping too. It arrived in a non padded envelope wrapped in paper towel.

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited by Tim Stamper; 01-27-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

You sold it to him a month ago, so how long has he actually had it? Let's say 3 weeks? There's no way to know what he did with it in that time. Even if he did nothing wrong with it and it simply failed. (I've had one or two rotors separate, it happens) If it tested fine when he got it and now it failed that's not your problem IMO.
I had a similar situation happen that resulted in a negative Guy didn't try the item for over a month and it didn't work. I can only say it did when it left my hands. I think anything longer than a week is excessive to not test electronics.

I did however try to find a replacement in time, but it was during the holidays and didn't communicate back as I should have so I took the negative without arguement. I always no matter what try to make it right, but sometimes is not possible. I couldn't see a refund on something that was over a month before the buyer said something.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Holy crap, you DO have a negative buried in those 600+ positives.....straight to the ignore list..

j/k
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Last edited by rcfanatic573; 01-29-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Off topic
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Holy crap, you DO have a negative buried in those 600+ positives.....straight to the ignore list..

j/k
Thats Classic! Lol. There is gonna be a time or two where things wont be rectified between the buyer and seller. You can only do so much before your starting to finance someone else's hobby!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dangerous_toys
Thats Classic! Lol. There is gonna be a time or two where things wont be rectified between the buyer and seller. You can only do so much before your starting to finance someone else's hobby!
This is 100% true.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by Dangerous_toys
During the time I have been on RC Tech, I would say that a good amount of people here dont bother to take the time to leave a trader rating for someone that they had a transaction with. Leaving feedback for a fellow member is what helps to establish whether they are going to be a reputable seller/buyer. Most of what I have noticed is alot here dont bother to leave the positive feedback but are sure quick to leave the negative and bash anothers selling/buying ettiqutte. I myself have had a few crappy transactions, however I took the time to reconcile any differences with the seller/buyer resulting in positive feedback all the way around. Knock on wood, I have no negative feedback nor have I left any. Granted, there are gonna be those that are just too difficult to resolve that will result in negative feedback. My point is this, Take the time to help out a fellow RC Enthusiast. We are all in this to have FUN! Try to work things out. And remember, leave feedback. It helps the other members to make a sound decision in their future purchase/sales.
I 100% agree with you on this I'm the reason this thread was started and if I could'v read some feedback on the guy that bought the savage from me I would have jumped at the opportunity turn him away. He has been offered the 150 he asked for more than a week ago and he's still hanging around talking shit about me . Iv truthfully had enough . I'm not some guy who dicks people on the internet I've got a 100 % feedback on every sore I've ever been on and for some reason he's gotten everyone to believe I would've risked that for a lousy 275 that he was offered150 of back . This has got to be the biggest misconception of myself that I've ever heard or seen. I was at one point very active over in the dex408 and serpent811 threads those guys know me and I'm not who's described here in this thread and that's all I've got to day in this subject I hope he gets his sensitivity under control . I tried to resolve the issues he informed me of and the next day he went public like I'm a regular Lindsay Lohan. Gossip is for school girls( makemeready)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

The last post is priceless, you sold him a POS. Offering a refund doesn't make it better and just go away if you knowingly sell a POS. You basically used him as a pawn shop taking $275 for a truck you seem to value at $125 since you offered him a $150 refund. there's no way you offer a $150 refund if you value the truck at $275, you would ask for the truck back and issue a full refund an resell or try to resell to someone else. You then kept the money until he goes public and offering him $150 to make it go away.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

I still just wish tran901 would respond to the simple question that I asked instead of chiming in on this thread. I did not leave negative feedback or contact paypal. It was $30 for a paper weight.

I understand testing things right away, but the person that this was for did not receive a speed control till much later. I hooked it up to my RX8 in my 8th real quick when we got it and it seemed fine. The motor smelled burnt, but spun fine. Once we put it in his car later with some resistance it squealed horribly. I pulled it apart and found out that the shaft was separated from the rotor. outside the car with no resistance it rode along with the magnets, but with a car attached, no dice.

Sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I just wanted to explain to the guys that chimed in with the "too bad, so sad" posts.

To put it back on him, did I receive positive feedback for paying right away and not complaining when it was trash? No.. Will I buy anything else from tech... Yes. The thousands of dollars spent on here buying and selling to members over the past 10 years is not going to be fouled by another deadbeat.

Thanks and end of rant.

Tim