Search

BUYER'S BEWARE - Username Ftnitro

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default BUYER'S BEWARE - Username Ftnitro

Hi All,

Just a warning out there for anyone looking at items for sale by username Ftnitro. I sent payment to him ($85) December 20th for a used Tekin 2050. Since this date he has not responded to my PMs despite posting other items for sale between the 20th and now.

He has posted a NIB B44.2 and a used RX8 recently but it is fishy as the picture posted for the RX8 is just a web image of a new RX8.

He provided me a PayPal address linked to Punch It Racing, and suprisingly that company looks legit. Finally, he tried to have me send funds twice as he indicated I was provided the wrong email address even after the payment and recipient were verified.

Moderators, please stick this to the top of the buy/sell page. I will provide updates and hope my PayPal dispute is successful. I have sold a lot of RC-related things with wonderful feedback and I am quite disappointed that my first attempted purchase on RC Tech was from a scammer.

-Kane
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

GL with this. I actually was about to purchase a set of BB Shocks from him, but saw his feedback and backed out.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Did you file a dispute with PayPal yet? Maybe that would get a response?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Hi All,

Just a warning out there for anyone looking at items for sale by username Ftnitro. I sent payment to him ($85) December 20th for a used Tekin 2050. Since this date he has not responded to my PMs despite posting other items for sale between the 20th and now.

He has posted a NIB B44.2 and a used RX8 recently but it is fishy as the picture posted for the RX8 is just a web image of a new RX8.

He provided me a PayPal address linked to Punch It Racing, and suprisingly that company looks legit. Finally, he tried to have me send funds twice as he indicated I was provided the wrong email address even after the payment and recipient were verified.

Moderators, please stick this to the top of the buy/sell page. I will provide updates and hope my PayPal dispute is successful. I have sold a lot of RC-related things with wonderful feedback and I am quite disappointed that my first attempted purchase on RC Tech was from a scammer.

-Kane
That (in bold) scares me. I've seen that name come up too many times. Send him a link to this thread as well.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Hi All,

-Kane
Update anytime you want but we do not stick threads like this to the top.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Here is my take on why I don't get involved with the sales in RCtech many of the problems here is members see a great deal and jump on it with out researching, you bought this from a fairly new member that registered a few weeks ago with ZERO feedback, that's a flag right there ,

I wish every everyone on here would take the time and research the seller like they say if it sounds to go to be true then it probably isn't .
Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Here is my take on why I don't get involved with the sales in RCtech many of the problems here is members see a great deal and jump on it with out researching, you bought this from a fairly new member that registered a few weeks ago with ZERO feedback, that's a flag right there ,

I wish every everyone on here would take the time and research the seller like they say if it sounds to go to be true then it probably isn't .
Marcos.J,

Would it be possible to maybe have a minimum of 250 posts or maybe 5-10 positive buying feedback before a user can sell? Some kind of deterrent making it harder then just creating a user account, posting some high dollar items, then ripping people off. Seems these stories are more prevalent nowadays.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

+1

If it seems to good to be true ask questions, questions, questions.....

1. Ask if they have anywhere else that they can provide feedback for (ebay, other forums, etc)

2. Ask if they know anyone on this site that has alot of positive feedback that can vouch for them.

3. Ask for more information about their FS thread, like updated pics with their username shown etc.....

There is really no bullet proof way to guarantee a seller on here, but you can take precautions and if still seems fishy then simply walk away......
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Marcos.J,

Would it be possible to maybe have a minimum of 250 posts or maybe 5-10 positive buying feedback before a user can sell? Some kind of deterrent making it harder then just creating a user account, posting some high dollar items, then ripping people off. Seems these stories are more prevalent nowadays.
We tried that once already but the idea got shot down by IBrands
Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Marcos.J,

Sadly, No. We've tried to get some reasonable terms implemented but site owners weren't willing to do it.

Marcos, you must be lost or bored today..
Old 01-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Sadly, No. We've tried to get some reasonable terms implemented but site owners weren't willing to do it.

He's got 25,000 posts. He's always lost.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
+1

If it seems to good to be true ask questions, questions, questions.....

1. Ask if they have anywhere else that they can provide feedback for (ebay, other forums, etc)

2. Ask if they know anyone on this site that has alot of positive feedback that can vouch for them.

3. Ask for more information about their FS thread, like updated pics with their username shown etc.....

There is really no bullet proof way to guarantee a seller on here, but you can take precautions and if still seems fishy then simply walk away......
As always excellent advice. Guys do not be afraid to walk away from a deal for a few minutes and do your research

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
LOL, I wonder how many are Mod-slapping us mere mortals
Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by racer1812

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
Both on both lmao
Old 01-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Marcos.J,

Gotta be able to sell/buy to get a feedback! Can't just spot a person 5-10 to start with. Must be careful on the first hand full of deals being done with a new person. Remember...we all started at Zero! Maybe send only half the money, have seller ship the item, and buyer sends remaining money when item is received. If your gonna get scammed, only half the money is lost. Is no sure way to fix this problem.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Gotta be able to sell/buy to get a feedback! Can't just spot a person 5-10 to start with. Must be careful on the first hand full of deals being done with a new person. Remember...we all started at Zero! Maybe send only half the money, have seller ship the item, and buyer sends remaining money when item is received. If your gonna get scammed, only half the money is lost. Is no sure way to fix this problem.
Just trying to think of a deterrent. 5-10 positives can be obtained just as a buyer. Plus 250+ posts. Most scammers on here just joined, no feedback, low post count (and only in for sale thread), etc. Not saying it's a be all end all but it's definitely a start. But alas moderators said site owner(s) did not accept that (which seems odd to me).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.