BUYER'S BEWARE - Username Ftnitro

Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
If you print your shipping label through PayPal it's done automatically and also sends an email to buyer with number.
yeah, i don't use paypal for any of that.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Are you saying that the motor pic in this thread is a stock Tekin photo?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...t8-2050kv.html

Not sure, just asking. Looked to me like it was one that somebody took themselves. I know the pic of the RX8 that Ftnitro was trying to sell was a stock pic though.
Like I said it appears to be, it's a really good pic and is honestly hard to tell (without a lot of work) to determine if it belongs to Tekin or not. Whether taken from Tekin or another user it's questionable because it doesn't represent the actual product being sold.

BUT honest users can and have used stock photos (with no issue) to sell legitimate items. Being advertised as being NIB though. We can't chase the legitimacy of pics in ads until they get to this point though, unfortunately. That falls into the buyer beware part of any online transaction...IMO.

Obviously I'll take this issue as far as I need to, and as far as I can for the benefit of our members.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 244 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I'm still digging....
I'll be asking him to provide those to me. PM's are not time stamped but you can't fake them either so if he did send them to you I'll see them. Not good for you.
Pictures...That would appear to be a stock Tekin photo.

Lcg hobbies used it and it was advertised as a new motor, and included a personal (non stock) photo of the SKU. That is legit. Along with the fact that Lcg hobbies is affiliated with a legit race facility which is attended by several team drivers that I know.

For a private user to use a stock ad photo is a big red flag.

Truth is I need more information at this point.

Printed PP labels are USELESS!! They mean nothing until it's been scanned at the post office.

If the seller has a DC/tracking# I want to see it.
Man o man. I just want to say THANK YOU!!!! to all the Mods here, especially those that deal with the For Sale forums. Having been a mod on a couple of other sites (smaller of course) I somewhat know the amount of work involved. Yes we enter into these transactions at our own risk but to know there is a team of kick butt folks willing to dig into issues when things go south is pretty dang cool. So to all of ya'll THANKS FOR MAKING RCTECH THE BEST RC SITE AROUND
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Like I said it appears to be, it's a really good pic and is honestly hard to tell (without a lot of work) to determine if it belongs to Tekin or not. Whether taken from Tekin or another user it's questionable because it doesn't represent the actual product being sold.

BUT honest users can and have used stock photos (with no issue) to sell legitimate items. Being advertised as being NIB though. We can't chase the legitimacy of pics in ads until they get to this point though, unfortunately. That falls into the buyer beware part of any online transaction...IMO.

Obviously I'll take this issue as far as I need to, and as far as I can for the benefit of our members.

Gotcha.

I gotta give you a lot of credit for taking the time to deal with this stuff! At this point, the seller can't really be labeled a scammer. All the red flags are there, but I suppose only time will tell if he comes through with any product. If he does turn out to be legit, which looks pretty doubtful, he is definitely guilty as being the absolute worst seller on rctech.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I found this legitimate RCTech ad showing the original photo Ftnitro hijacked to create his post:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-t8-motor.html

I've contacted the higher ups to handle it.

Kane, hopefully you can use this information to help reclaim your funds. Good luck!
That's my motor still running strong was, awesome deal.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I didn't realize this thread was moved until today, I thought it was deleted which is why I haven't commented.

Thanks to the moderators for being involved, as I said to racer1812 via PM I only hope to create awareness in order to protect other members of RC Tech.

In all honesty I took a quick look at the original post on my phone, could not see the picture very well, and decided to roll the dice. I was doing this knowing that most individuals in this hobby are stand-up people, regardless of whether or not they have 7 posts or 2,000.

Ftnitro - I respect it is the holiday season which is why I waited 8 days from sending funds before asking for a shipping update. Unfortunately during this time I saw you had posted numerous other items for sale including a USED Tekin RX8 with an attached image of a brand new RX8.

You had 11 days to make things right before I filed a PayPal dispute, and I find it odd that you can post on this thread defending yourself but can't PM me and answer my question about the shipping status. I am a reasonable person and do not have unrealisitc expectations.

PayPal does a good job of protecting buyers, so the dispute will go in my favor. Rather than wait for the dispute to be resolved, why don't you be an honest, respectful person and send me my $85 back? Or you can keep the money and know you took it from a right below-knee amputee who is the sole provider for his wife and daughter.....if you have to steal from someone like me you must need the money more than I do.

-Kane
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

well the guy got me i sent 150 for a rc8e and now tracking nunber and i do have all the pm that i sent to him and all the one he sent me so i thanks they do nead to do some thaning about it andif any moderater nead the pm i will sent them to you
Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
Hi All,

Just a warning out there for anyone looking at items for sale by username Ftnitro. I sent payment to him ($85) December 20th for a used Tekin 2050. Since this date he has not responded to my PMs despite posting other items for sale between the 20th and now.

He has posted a NIB B44.2 and a used RX8 recently but it is fishy as the picture posted for the RX8 is just a web image of a new RX8.

He provided me a PayPal address linked to Punch It Racing, and suprisingly that company looks legit. Finally, he tried to have me send funds twice as he indicated I was provided the wrong email address even after the payment and recipient were verified.

Moderators, please stick this to the top of the buy/sell page. I will provide updates and hope my PayPal dispute is successful. I have sold a lot of RC-related things with wonderful feedback and I am quite disappointed that my first attempted purchase on RC Tech was from a scammer.

-Kane
I hate to say this, but......why oh why do some of you guys give money like that to a seller with zero feedback?????? He's only been on rctech for a few weeks. It's a huge risk.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
I hate to say this, but......why oh why do some of you guys give money like that to a seller with zero feedback?????? He's only been on rctech for a few weeks. It's a huge risk.
Like I said, I was hesitant going in but figured I would roll the dice. People gamble all the time.

Best case scenario? I get a motor I want at a great price.
Worse case scenario? I get no motor and I am out $85.

Will I get my money back through PayPal? Probably.
Will I lose sleep if I don't get the money back? Nope.

How about we view my experience as a way to flush out a scammer so others don't suffer the same fate with all the other items he has posted.

-Kane
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

Kind of looked at it the same way when I was doing the deal with him before he sold it to you lol.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I hope he enjoyed his holiday vacation financed with our good member's money. It must have been one helluva trip...24 hours and no reply. I assume he's still driving?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

He has to know Paypal will always side with the buyer. Or he is about to!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I hope he enjoyed his holiday vacation financed with our good member's money. It must have been one helluva trip...24 hours and no reply. I assume he's still driving?
Lmao +1
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

well i finaly got a tracking number for a car that i boute from him and i payed for on the 23 of last month it was shiped out and the 2 of this month here is he tracking number for the car 420 72936 9405 9036 9930 0078 7547 41 in know tacking numbers but this one seam to have to meany numbers in it but what do i know im just a person that would like to have the car or my money back
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

but if i gat the car i will let you all know

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service