BUYER'S BEWARE - Username Ftnitro

Old 01-01-2013, 03:55 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The vast majority of members (old and new alike) are stand up, honest and credible people. By implementing any stipulations, in essence you end up punishing the good guys too.

Its my opinion that the Trader Feedback system we have and Admin. recommendations that you always use PayPal to complete any deal is fairly protective and about as good as it can get in a "anonymous" environment (like in an open forum). The bottom line, as with any decision in life, it is simply up to the individual to protect themselves the best that they can. When considering a deal, ask questions, research and look to see if the positives outweigh the negatives. If your gut's telling you something doesn't feel quite right, it probably isn't...and you'll soon be creating a new thread in the Trader Feedback section.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Most scammers on here just joined, no feedback, low post count (and only in for sale thread), etc..
This alone is enough of a system to weed out at least 90% of the scammers on here. No need for any post count or buying feedback requirements.

Sorry to any honest new members on here, but just look at the member in question. He has been on here for almost a full month and all of his whopping 24 posts are of him trying to sell something. Not one single post contains anything that contributes to this website in any way. Sorry to the OP, but this whole situation has bad news written all over it.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've never agreed with the post count thing. People shouldn't be punished for knowing how to use the search button properly. Hell, I've been a member since '08 and I only have 150 posts. Just do your homework people, and avoid impulse buys.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

That motor you are missing from FTNitro I actually had a deal going with him on it for $80. Next thing I know he marked it as sold while I was waiting for him to send me paypal info. He did offer me something else for sale but that left a bad taste so I just looked elsewhere.

Sorry to hear what has happened to you, hopefully via paypal backed by a credit card.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I found this legitimate RCTech ad showing the original photo Ftnitro hijacked to create his post:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-t8-motor.html

I've contacted the higher ups to handle it.

Kane, hopefully you can use this information to help reclaim your funds. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Looks like I'll have to put a small tag with my username in pics!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Suspended

just a note: timannnn6 says he wrote multiple PMs and were not responded too... well there are no PM since Dec 20, from him and his last pm was responded too... his T8 motor was shipped.

Again he put in a paypal dispute saying the item was not received however he never wrote or PM'd or anything. it is just as shocking to find a paypal dispute with no communication.

And this is also the first time I have signed in for over a week due to being on vacation with family.

You can't get feedback without a purchase and you shouldn't be required to buy 5 items just to be able to sell.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I found this legitimate RCTech ad showing the original photo Ftnitro hijacked to create his post:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-t8-motor.html

I've contacted the higher ups to handle it.

Kane, hopefully you can use this information to help reclaim your funds. Good luck!
Nice work! That is 100% without a doubt the same pic. I like how his ad says "great condition" when it's obvious that the motor is new and has never seen solder.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Suspended

yes I am viewing this thread...
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ftnitro View Post
just a note: timannnn6 says he wrote multiple PMs and were not responded too... well there are no PM since Dec 20, from him and his last pm was responded too... his T8 motor was shipped.

Again he put in a paypal dispute saying the item was not received however he never wrote or PM'd or anything. it is just as shocking to find a paypal dispute with no communication.

And this is also the first time I have signed in for over a week due to being on vacation with family.

You can't get feedback without a purchase and you shouldn't be required to buy 5 items just to be able to sell.
You should have one sort of quota to buy/sell makes people feel better about buying. Also if you knew you would be put of town you should let the buyer know. I'm sure a stand up guy like Timannnn6 wouldn't lie about sending you Pms.....
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Are you even aware of who you took money from? Because it doesn't appear that timannnn6 claims to have purchased anything from you.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Ummm I never pm'd you. I think you mean the OP Kane-o.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Suspended

there should have been a ',' I don't have multiple messages from Kane-o

and Timmerman6 was the one spreading the buyer beware notice.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

there should have been a ',' I don't have multiple messages from Kane-o

and Timmerman6 was the one spreading the buyer beware notice.
Yes I did do that. Only pointing potential buyers to this thread. I said I would edit if everything turns out ok. Just lookin' out.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

So FTNitro, what is the tracking number for the motor and what method did you send it?

Also, why didn't you update paypal with the tracking number?

lastly, whats up with that photo?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service