R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   How to do "trades" on Rctech. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/685818-how-do-trades-rctech.html)

hotrod87 12-11-2012 04:33 AM

How to do "trades" on Rctech.

Well some ideas anyway.
1-There are no guarantee's in life
2-Always research the member before making a deal
3-95% of the time I talk to the person and or text with them
4-Communication is key. Ask however many questions you need to make sure your clear about what the two of you are doing.
5-Always get tracking
6-Leave feedback when deal is done.
Here is a start I'll let other's chime in. Now I know feedback is optional but it is important both good and bad. YOU may help someone else later.

If anyone has questions feel free to send me a pm.

stunter38 12-11-2012 05:32 AM

Always exchange numbers. Talk to the person or at least text. And i always buy insurence on big items.

rallyredevo 12-11-2012 06:05 AM

:)

bigwavedave33 12-11-2012 10:18 AM

Best way to do trades:

A. Communication is key
B. Send each other $1.00 through paypal with CLEARLY WRITTEN NOTES on what is being traded if you don't agree on the written notes refund and tell the other person what you are agreeing on and resend.
C. Since both used paypal, both have correct hopefully confirmed address info. Both agree to use paypal to print shipping label, so tracking info is in hand instantly
D. Agree on a ship date and stick to it or COMMUNIF'NCATE refer to A.
E. Happy trade

Mindcrimes 12-11-2012 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 11541278)
Well some ideas anyway.
1-There are no guarantee's in life
2-Always research the member before making a deal
3-95% of the time I talk to the person and or text with them
4-Communication is key. Ask however many questions you need to make sure your clear about what the two of you are doing.
5-Always get tracking
6-Leave feedback when deal is done.
Here is a start I'll let other's chime in. Now I know feedback is optional but it is important both good and bad. YOU may help someone else later.

If anyone has questions feel free to send me a pm.

100% on that

lowest rating sends first.

orcadigital 12-12-2012 06:59 AM

Only do trades for money via Paypal? Not always possible, but significantly safer.

timannnn6 12-12-2012 08:26 AM

Best way to do trades...............Don't do trades. Trades are like a box of chocolates....

If you have something of value sell it. Simple as that. Then you go out and find the item you are looking for/wanting.

hotrod87 12-12-2012 08:36 PM

I have to disagree. There are always people out to screw someone but I still believe there are more good people out there. I realize the old handshake days may be gone. You may be getting a pig in poke when trading but if it weren't for rctech and a whole lot of good people I'd still be running a old slash and tmaxx. I research before I trade just like when you buy a vehicle, put a little faith in someone and let her rip . I started with the attitude of if I can't live without it I won't ship it when I had no feedback and was shipping first.

stunter38 12-12-2012 08:41 PM

Agreed

jared86 12-12-2012 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 11548939)
I have to disagree. There are always people out to screw someone but I still believe there are more good people out there. I realize the old handshake days may be gone. You may be getting a pig in poke when trading but if it weren't for rctech and a whole lot of good people I'd still be running a old slash and tmaxx. I research before I trade just like when you buy a vehicle, put a little faith in someone and let her rip . I started with the attitude of if I can't live without it I won't ship it when I had no feedback and was shipping first.

+1 on that!
Trades are awesome and better than just buying and selling for many reasons:
1. Helping each other save some cash
2. By being open to trade you may find they have something you want but really hadn't given it a thought til that point.
3. May end up getting something in better condition than what you thought you could afford to just buy.
4. End up making cool new friends and wind up making tons of trades with each other every other day of the week... that's aimed towards you hotrod87!

although you can get screwed and that turns allot of people off from trading. It happens..id be lying if I said it don't but that's the risk. But on the upside if you do everything listed above by everyone else you'll have nothing to worry about.
Most important have faith the the other half of the trade.

Personally I love to trade and most of the time would rather trade before sell out right.

freaksofnature 12-12-2012 10:04 PM

if said person has low feedback or itrader ask if they have any other feed back on other forums.
take pics of how the box looks prior to shipping to cover your self
if it looks to good to be true it prob is. ie your old beat up slash for a new sc104x4

RCaddict0 12-13-2012 08:53 AM

Good rules to follow!
I'll agree that trading can be risky. I was almost ripped off recently even though I follow almost all the rules mentioned. Luckily through some help at the usps my boat was returned and he's gonna have some future probs. with them.
I always...
* Talk to the other party on the phone. Learned this early on. An old Texan I traded with a few times strongly encouraged it. I know someone can easily lie, but one can normally get a "feel" for the other person.
*Check feedback! In detail! Some folks have a few +'s, but there all from buying. Make shure that some earrned through trading and selling.
* Ask questions
*Ask more questions
Anything that you can think of. Original owner? How long have you owned it? What batteries, motor & ESC where ran in it. Any major mods done? Anything worn, warped, stripped, rusted, etc.
I've made well over 100 deals online and Ive seen t all!
Remember..Just becouse the other guy said "It's RTR" doesnt mean its running good. At least thats what I think.

flame56mx 12-13-2012 06:29 PM

Trades are a risky deal, definitely more so than buying outright. I have done a few, and they all went as planned, a few were slow to ship, but worked out in the end. I agree with others on the methods, and would add this: If the other party has friends, pm them, talk (pm) to as many people who know them, recent sellers and buyers etc...Don't be in a rush..

nf_ekt 12-14-2012 08:24 AM

I have traded only once. I had the person I traded with (had lower FB rating so they shipped first) text me a pic of the items, and a pic of the receipt from the post office once they had shipped it off.

It was only after multiple pm's, text messages, ect, and a "good feeling" that the member was legit that I pulled the trigger... I looked at join date, current FB rating, researched their post history to see what they were all about, and so on.... you have to use your head and your gut.

Hate to say it, but 9/10 times I read these "So-and-So_4766 screwed me" type threads and it's almost always down to someone not thinking their way through the deal. Basically, they should have seen it coming...

SO BE CAREFUL!!!

roadrashracing2 12-14-2012 10:57 AM

I did one trade on here and it was defenty not worth my time, I've done some face to face stuff and it seemed to work ok.