PO'ed trader!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TZap View Post
avoiding calls is clue #1. This day and age, everyone has their phone on them or close 90% of the time if not more.

Avoid one I understand, two.. ok.. after that I'ma just put a label it.
Uh...I'm a systems engineer and have been in IT for 20 years, you can call my cell phone and if I answer your next stop should be to buy a lottery ticket because you're only a lucky streak.

Cell phones are nothing more than a leash that mass marketing has done a fantastic job in making everyone believe you need one and need to answer it on the second ring. There are exactly 4 numbers I'll answer when my phone rings, if you ain't one leave a message but I still won't call you back.

Voicemail? I check that once every 2-3 weeks.

/rant

Anyway, someone not answering your call isn't an indication they're up to no good.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This thread isn't about Novak, customer service or phone calls. Post about the issue at hand please.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I have unfortunately seen too much magic smoke from Novak's. I can tell you that plugging the battery in backwards will release it. Plugging it in backwards a second time will do nothing.

I suspect that it is just a random electronics failure, and it just happened to happen now. Unfortunately it is the negative of buying used. You pay less then new, but have no warranty for when things like this happen. I do not see any fault to the seller, nor would I even ask them to pay for anything.

Buying used anything is a gamble, and in this situation, you sadly got the bad roll.

I know this is not about Novak tech support, and while I prefer other brands to Novak, I will say my experience with their customer support has been great.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

There are bad deals, and there is bad luck. They can look just the same... I would say if the other party has a clean history you likely got a taste of bad luck here.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
One, I've never seen a speedo let the magic smoke out more than once. Possible but highly unlikely.

Two, if it had been smoked before you got it the smell would be unmistakeable.

I personally don't see the other party owing you anything to be honest, it's just the chance you take with used electronics. If he offers to help in some way I would be grateful.

Just can't beat crap luck sometimes.

IMO
Absolutly i did this with a brand new viper esc was running saddle packs with bullet conectors and plugged the wrong leads in and poof up in flames the only way it will do that is if the lipo is crossed and trust me you are not getting that smell out i kept it in my basement for 1 week and it still smelled like it happened 5 min ago