Wiki Posts
Search

dougwalter911: Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jrcheese
are you that much of a douche you have to track down where the dude posts and post some bullsh!t on a thread that has nothing to do with mr walters get a grip butt pirate and deall with him And dont post sh!t like that
Thanks for the help.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

are you that much of a douche you have to track down where the dude posts and post some bullsh!t on a thread that has nothing to do with mr walters get a grip butt pirate and deall with him And dont post sh!t like that
Some people make it so easy. IL
Old 09-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

I wasn't going to give you the courtesy of a real response, but I think I will. I posted in the thread you're referring to because:

1. I'd like to not be ripped off, and I would think those local to him may be able to help
2. Locals may want to know what kind of person they're dealing with

What's your relationship to "mr walters"? Do you know him? Maybe you could help me out and ask him to do the right thing by refunding the money he took from me? People tend to be more willing to do right for those that they encounter in person even if they're willing to rip off someone over the internet.

I also find it interesting that I'm a "douche" for trying to get my money or what I paid for. I would think that the individual doing the scamming or whatever it is here would be the "douche".
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

Looks like jrcheese [AKA Mr. Walters ] got his feelings hurt. :'(
Old 09-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Did you get your money back yet? I'll have an update on this when I get home from my "real job".

You'll see the humor in that later, shows at 12 get your popcorn ready.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
Did you get your money back yet? I'll have an update on this when I get home from my "real job".

You'll see the humor in that later, shows at 12 get your popcorn ready.
No, not yet. Paypal claim is still open but I don't know how that will turn out. Sorry for all the trouble on this.

I'm gathering that the seller may be in the military and that may somehow be a factor in this, but I've yet to get any response to attempts to communicate even though he seems to still be around. If something came up then maybe it's understandable, but without communication what do ya do?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by llaves
For what it's worth, I didn't mean to imply that jrcheese and DougWalter911 are one and the same. I actually don't even think jrcheese knows Doug since he called him "mr walters" when the guy's last name is simply "walter". Or, maybe he's just a bad speller...
Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default POPCORN!

Popcorn and drama, 2 of my favoritest things.

If he is in the military you can call his unit and get ahold of his commander and explain the circumstances, then he will have to at the VERY least, go to his commander and defend/explain his side. Commanders HATE soldiers getting in to any kind of trouble and will hem him up. Explain to the commander that you are planning to go to the local authorities/media, I guarantee that will get his attention.

Just find his address then search nearest military installations and phone the main line number. Ask for the Company Commander
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TZap
Popcorn and drama, 2 of my favoritest things.

If he is in the military you can call his unit and get ahold of his commander and explain the circumstances, then he will have to at the VERY least, go to his commander and defend/explain his side. Commanders HATE soldiers getting in to any kind of trouble and will hem him up. Explain to the commander that you are planning to go to the local authorities/media, I guarantee that will get his attention.

Just find his address then search nearest military installations and phone the main line number. Ask for the Company Commander
I wouldn't do that...we're only talking $50 here. But this whole thing is so bizarre I'm just curious now to see what happens.

I now have heard two different possible reasons for his lack of following through on the deal and his lack of communication (I actually have had PM's in response to the post in the thread that Jrcheese so eloquently referenced). However, based on the frequent logging in on his account and a post that seemed to indicate he was attending an r/c race just recently, I really find it hard to believe that at least some communication wasn't possible. The only real exception to that is if someone else is using his account on here.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by llaves
I do not have a dog in this fight, but I can assure you, jrcheese is not Doug Walters.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

First, the edit button doesn't magically make things go away. Jrcheese a post and signature like that gets you 7 days off. Jesus may love you but I don't.

Second, DW claims to have refunded your money. I'll give the PG13 version of the PM I got tonight....

"LISTEN ***** *****! i don't have all the time in the world right now to be dealing with you. the guy got his money back end of story, what business is it of your to deal with others problems. shut the *** up get a real job stop bothering me."

He had the time to send me 2 PM's but not to the buyer in question.
Got a BS story on why it shows his log in activity.....wrong, the site doesn't work that way.

Last edited by racer1812; 03-06-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Interesting...

Just to confirm, as of the time of this post he has not refunded my money. Paypal may have a hold on the funds in his account since I have a claim going, but I don't have my money yet. He could have refunded my money and ended the claim, but obviously that's not what he wants to do.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
First, the edit button doesn't magically make things go away. Jrcheese a post and signature like that gets you 7 days off. Jesus may love you but I don't.

Second, DW claims to have refunded your money. I'll give the PG13 version of the PM I got tonight....

"LISTEN M***** F*****! i don't have all the time in the world right now to be dealing with you. the guy got his money back end of story, what business is it of your to deal with others problems. shut the f*** up get a real job stop bothering me."

He had the time to send me 2 PM's but not to the buyer in question.
Got a BS story on why it shows his log in activity.....wrong, the site doesn't work that way.
Geebus. Thank you for putting up with folks like this on our behalf.