R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Advice needed (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/659956-advice-needed.html)

chillymostly 09-06-2012 07:04 AM

Advice needed

hi guys, so i did a deal with this guy (who will remain nameless for now) and at this point it is way off schedule. let me start off by saying this guy has great feedback and reputation. before we ever finalized the deal i told him the only way i would but it is if he could get it to me by last saturday the the 1st. now i told him this on tuesday the 28th which would mean if he used standard shipping he would have to ship the next day and if he used expedited he would have until thursday to ship. he agreed but he said he didnt want to make promises and the hurricane or something slow down the mail. so on the 30th i get the paypal email stating my package was on the way and shipped priority. sounds good right, but as of the 6th of september tracking still reads electronic shipping label created and thats all. since the 3rd ive sent him messages on the site, emailed his paypal email with no response. granted he has not been on the site since i wrote him. my only gripe is why not tell me, and why agree with the terms if you didnt plan on going through with them. i think he just printed a label and thats it. his communication has been horrible from the get go. im thinking about filing a claim, that seems to be the only way i could get in contact with him. what do you guys think?

racer1812 09-06-2012 07:26 AM

PM who it is.

marvinbeaverdip 09-06-2012 07:36 AM

Hopefully you get your package, and it's just a typical glitch in the USPS system. I've had two packages that didn't show any activity till they got to my city's sort facility, and then all the activity from the previous several days showed up. The same happened yesterday for a package that was dropped off on the 3rd, but didn't show any activity till the 5th, on which it showed that the package had been dropped off on the 3rd, sorted, and through two facilities already. USPS blows.

LaTuFu 09-06-2012 06:55 PM

Definitely not unusual for a USPS package to not update en route. I have received items that never updated status online, even after it was delivered.

racer1812 09-06-2012 08:08 PM

If it were me, I would give it about 10-15 days (big window I know) from the date it showed as shipped and then file a claim.

I'm still waiting on a set of wheels that should be here..I'm guessing they'll show shortly......If not..:deathstar..:sneaky:

HPI-Blitz 101 09-06-2012 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=racer1812;11182487]If it were me, I would give it about 10-15 days (big window I know) from the date it showed as shipped and then file a claim.

+1000

Cain 09-11-2012 01:45 PM

I asked USPS rep about this as I used to use there drop off box a lot to get people's stuff out fast and avoid lines. I noticed myself that stuff started not showing in the system till it was delivered.

I was advised that they no longer scan pacakages in if dropped off. They only scan stuff from the counter. Now, here is what matters.

ALWAYS get your packages scanned in. If you go to paypal with info saying electronic info received, they can say it was never shipped, and on top of that, a USPS rep mentioned to me that things can possibly not be covered by warranty until scanned in.

Since then, I always take it to an actual rep and get it scanned.

Overtorqued 09-12-2012 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 11199229)
I asked USPS rep about this as I used to use there drop off box a lot to get people's stuff out fast and avoid lines. I noticed myself that stuff started not showing in the system till it was delivered.

I was advised that they no longer scan pacakages in if dropped off. They only scan stuff from the counter. Now, here is what matters.

ALWAYS get your packages scanned in. If you go to paypal with info saying electronic info received, they can say it was never shipped, and on top of that, a USPS rep mentioned to me that things can possibly not be covered by warranty until scanned in.

Since then, I always take it to an actual rep and get it scanned.

That is some really useful information. I usually ship via USPS but it always gets taken to the customer counter and directly scanned in. Knowing the above, I won't do it any other way.

TZap 09-12-2012 07:30 AM

nice~

indeed some really good info on scanning in the packages.

It is the 12th, if you havent received your package yet, I would get things in motion. Have you tried to contact the seller and see if they are making themselves available? If he is ignoring you, thats a red flag, if not, possibly not so much.
If you cannot make contact with the seller and have nothing in the mail yet, its time to file a claim. You can get a package from the tip of florida to the corner of washington by now.
It all hinges at this point on seller contact.

Good luck mate!