Wiki Posts
Search

?? about a sale post your ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default ?? about a sale post your ideas

Fellas got one ? I sold one of my 1/8th cars to another member.
To my knowledge he got more than what he paid.$400 shipped
here are some details
Mugen Mrx3
MS Nova mega turbo EV4 .21 with great throttle response & compression
used pipe with a couple of minor dings
used throttle servo
new futuba 9402 $80
new oneway bearing $50
replaced worn pulleys
replaced worn belts
used battery pack
extras that I gave him that were not part of the dealall new.
extra tank $23
2 sets of new pulleys $25
extra pinion gears new
I had my LHS do a complete run down on the car & cleaned it up & tuned the motor & centax.
Now the buyer is saying that the car is not up to expectations & is requesting me to give him a credit for $75 for worn parts. Mostly complaining about the shocks have scuffs in them.
& I just think his is trying to pull one on me since I know he is looking for a starter box. Post it & LMK what you think cause I always feel I give the buyer more than he expected fro any deal that I have posted. Thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did the photo show everything?
Just scuffs on shocks?
Was it listed " As is?"

If tell him No...
Old 03-04-2005, 12:17 PM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Post your pics and original add here. If your add stated used, then that is just normal use. If the car performs as it should, I dont think apperance matters as it was used.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the advice I had put like three pics of the car & I did not state that it was new just that the motor had great throttle response & compression. I told the buyer what new parts I had recently installed
Old 03-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

So I guess you want to air this out to the public. I'm the one that bought this car from 710Baby, and I'll give you my side of the story.....First of all, I have bought many used merchandise on this forum, and I'm not one of those people who expects to get a new item for a used price.

When I asked the condition of this car, all he noted to me in PM is that the pipe needed cleaning. Of course with that statement, I'm expecting that I'm getting a pretty good car if that is all it needed.

Here are some of the things I felt were below par that he should have noted:

1. Pipe is not only DIRTY, but had numerous small to medium size dings and the stinger was pushed in...This pipe was definately ready for the trash.

2. He indicated that it was hard to turn the motor by hand, I can turn it with one finger.

3. Gave me used tires that had numerous chunks of foam missing.

4. When I started the breakdown process of the car, the first shock I took off was not only filthy, but had huge gouges on the shock body, not scuffs as indicated from his statement (People, remember to not use pliers on shock bodies without a rag), pistons worn, dirty oil....signs that this car was played with but not maintained. After seeing that, and visually inspecting the rest of the car, I knew that this car will likely need to be rebuild for all the parts to be somewhat tight again.

5. Yeah, he replaced some of the parts, but the rest of the car is overly worn. Honestly, I can't even tell which parts are new because the car is so dirty with oil and grime.

6. Since I felt the car was below my expectation of a used car, I gave him the option to at least credit an amount or provide a refund.

Honestly, I don't think I'm asking too much on this transaction. If seller feels that this car is worth more than what I've paid, then he shouldn't have any problems selling it again. I even offered to pay for his shipping costs.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Suspended

why dont you return each others thigs then!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Heres an Idea! Is it possible for you speedchair to post some pics of the car in the condition it was recieved? I ask this because before anyone comes to a judgment as to whether or not 710baby did or did not live up to his end of the deal you should at least show some proof as to the condition of the car.
And if you are correct with you your claim then you are in my opinion being more then reasonable asking for some reinbursment. In fact I think that would be great for both parties involved. However if a agreement cannot be reached the best thing for 710baby to do would be to reinburse speedchair the cost of the car minus shipping charges and have speedchair send the car back to 710baby. This would make both the buyer and seller good traders because if you sell someone something and thier not happy with it then the offer of a refund is always a great way to earn a reputation of being a GREAT SELLER. And by working with the seller if you are not happy with the deal and trying to resolve the issue without bashing the seller would make you a GREAT BUYER. And so so far it looks like 710baby is looking to do the right thing as well as speedchair.

I sincerely hope that they can work this out!!!!!!!!!!!
latah from jabberjaw the smartest shark ya ever saw
Old 03-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Before this thread even got posted, 710Baby and I have already come to an agreement that he was going to refund my money. I have only added to this tread because his original comment made me sound like an a-hole buyer. I'm not trying to trash 710baby but just wanted to add my 2 cents on this transaction.

When I spoke to him on the phone, he was pleasant, and we did not have a combative conversation so I was suprised to see this tread at all.

We're both good standing members of RCTech, and I have no reason to jeopardize that.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

woooohooooo thats great you two got it settled. I dont believe 710baby tried to make yall look like a bunghole I did not get that impression. i think he just wanted advise from others.....
This is how it's supposed to be done and everyone is happy.
I think im going to shed a tear lol wait a damn minute sharks dont cry. latah heheheh
Old 03-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Speedchair I did not want you feel like or make it sound that way. I was just asking for advice cause I wanted to make sure I was not the one getting taken also. Sorry to say but there is a lot of snakey people out there that since I got burned in ebay more than handful. That it make's me nervous on doing trades or accepting returns from any seller cause not to sure what will be done to the car as for the tires it was not part of the package but there is some meat on them enough to practice with. So I gave them to you. It just seems to me you were expecting a mint car for the price you paid. & I ahd the LHS Mechanic give the car a complete run thru so I knew that you will be receiving it in top condition. So that's why I was pretty confused when you said the car looked very worn.so & I put up some pics on the thread that is probally in page 30 on the for sale forum Drop me a line around 3pm on Monday