Wiki Posts
Search

User edtheman

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default User edtheman

I recently purchased a used tekin 1700 from the user edtheman. It was supposed to be a 6 time use motor. To note the differences between the two. In the sale ad the motor pictured had clean solder tabs,by that i mean that the wires were removed and the solder was melted nice and smooth. The fiberglass backing plate under the tabs in the ad was nice and white,as the motor wasnt soldered many times.The one received was not the same. Although in the ad he doesnt post the flat spot on the shaft for the grub screw,looking at the one in my pics,it has had quite a few pinion changes. The three screws on the solder tab side have been removed a bit as well,a close eye can tell . There is also sticker damage on the one received as well. The differences are easily observed. Keep in mind this was a 6 time use motor. I questioned the seller of the differences and the pics in the ad were removed . So therefore there are no sale ad pics for anyone to compare my motor pics to. I have 2 tekin motors already a 1900 and 1400, both used for almost a year and look better. The sale ad motor pics were like new looking. The seller says the motor i got was the one from the ad. If anyone looked at the ad and remembers the pics,what do ya think. Opinions?
Attached Thumbnails User edtheman-photo-1-.jpg   User edtheman-photo-5-.jpg   User edtheman-photo-6-.jpg   User edtheman-photo-7-.jpg   User edtheman-photo-8-.jpg  

Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

What was the title of the ad you bought it from? Sometimes Google cache will still have the pictures. I have had to use it before. I always print a copy of any ads I buy to a pdf so if the seller edits or takes down the pictures I am covered. Also I am pretty sure the moderators can see what was edited so it may help to drop one of them a message. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

simple. file paypal dispute saying not as describe. ask for parital refund or refund.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I look at it like this, He has no trader feedback. That is the first red flag.
The second being as soon as you had a problem with your item he deletes pics.
File Pay Pal dispute now and get a full refund nothing less. That motor does not look anything like a 6 run motor, like you stated I have motors that are months to a year old that look better than that.
I only delete pics after the other person get the items and leaves me feedback, doing so after its sold or if there is a complaint is a very good indicator that he is screwing you over on this deal.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

A good thing to do is quote the ad when you respond. Then there is always a record of it in your response .
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

edtheman sent me pics as well.

There's little to no way to tell who's telling the truth and not much I can do about it.

The motor in the pics you posted actually looks BETTER than the one in the pics I got from edtheman. Who's pics are legit or if both are, no way to tell.

FYI, the fiberglass under the solder tabs doesn't look burnt just dirty from using extra flux.

It's between the two of you at this point and all I can do is deal with the feedback when it gets to that point. IMO, all the pics I've seen could be of a motor used 6 times on an outdoor track, the cosmetic wear is normal. I would run the motor and call it good.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...0kv-motor.html

Maybe we can get him to repost the original pics.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Suspended

Default lol this guy is a real joke

look dude you are a lair end of story you need to stop or tell these ppl the truth you found a tekin 1700 cheaper and now you want to lie about the 1 you got from me well sorry to tell i will not refund a liar
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edtheman
look dude you are a lair end of story you need to stop or tell these ppl the truth you found a tekin 1700 cheaper and now you want to lie about the 1 you got from me well sorry to tell i will not refund a liar
While I understand it is no fun to be in a transaction dispute, jumping into the thread with a flamethrower approach is not going to help your cause.

Especially with no trader feedback to support your case.

Unless you have no plans to build any kind of long term (positive) reputation on the site.

@OP: I dunno, that motor doesn't look too bad to me. You bought a used motor, I'm not sure what your expectations are. And without original pics to compare, kinda hard for any of us to build a case for your story.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Suspended

Default mind yours

look i have been in rc for 15 years and your talking about trader rating
how about this i have no reason to lie thats the rating i need and maybe its me i was told not to use this site its full of kids
Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default imposter?

I have been racing cars for 25 years bud. I have bought on this site, and sold 1 item. All trouble free deals.Search ebay for the same user name and i am 100 positive buy and sell. Why pull the original pics? I wish i would have taken a pic to show of the ad you for what you are. Why would i go through the trouble of getting an "imposter motor" for pics. Original pics look new,thats why i bought it. Its all about your deception,if the pics i posted were in your ad and you called it "like new",you would still be sitting on it . You could have made it right from the day i got it when i contacted you and we would never be at this point now
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not asking for a refund, but i also want to share my experience. So, i bought a Ve8 from edtheman. It was super fast shipping, he replied to my pm's every time, he was a pretty nice dude. I got the Ve8 and it was so not like the pictures he had on the add. On the add, he had a super clean Ve8 and he quoted "no problems at all". Well when i got it, the Ve8 was super dirty, it had rusted screws and all. It had a broken radio box, and i also think the front shock tower and front skid was kinda bent. I've never had a Ve8 before so i have no idea if this is suppose to be how it goes. Stupidly, i didn't take pictures of it when i got it but i can take pictures of the skid plate, radio box, and shock tower. As of right now, i'm doing a full cleaning to the car. So far, I've only noticed missing o-rings, and that's it. Also he gave me a wing for the buggy, and i don't even think it's for the buggy o.O
Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

IMO....you both should be on ebay because you're rctech users..not members. I moderate the same regardless but there is a difference....
Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Suspended

Default wow

Originally Posted by I Wheelie A LOT
Not asking for a refund, but i also want to share my experience. So, i bought a Ve8 from edtheman. It was super fast shipping, he replied to my pm's every time, he was a pretty nice dude. I got the Ve8 and it was so not like the pictures he had on the add. On the add, he had a super clean Ve8 and he quoted "no problems at all". Well when i got it, the Ve8 was super dirty, it had rusted screws and all. It had a broken radio box, and i also think the front shock tower and front skid was kinda bent. I've never had a Ve8 before so i have no idea if this is suppose to be how it goes. Stupidly, i didn't take pictures of it when i got it but i can take pictures of the skid plate, radio box, and shock tower. As of right now, i'm doing a full cleaning to the car. So far, I've only noticed missing o-rings, and that's it. Also he gave me a wing for the buggy, and i don't even think it's for the buggy o.O
Wow it was dirty i told you it was because i raced it 2 days b4
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Suspended

I guess ppl on here want new cars for used prices
I see this site is a joke like everyone told me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.