HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Hey i need some help there is this guy on here i want to trade with and i have no feedback so he is worried i am going scam him, so he wants me to ship my item first but i am worried as well, if i do ship mine first and he screws me over or breaks my shit and then sends it back with out sending me his item what will happen to him is there any chance of me getting my stuff back?????
Old 07-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm moving this to the feedback section.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok thank u
Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

First who are you looking at dealing with?

IMO, trades should only be done with established members with a solid history here.

If you send an item to a member there is almost ZERO recourse if they decide to scam you.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

nothing you can do about it. Trades are at your own risk and lower feedback rating always ships first here
Old 07-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

IIRC, this is how things would work in your situation if a deal was made.

You would send your item to the other party, when he receives it he will verify that it's in the condition that you claimed and then ship their part of the deal to you. Lengthy process, it may take 2+ weeks after you ship to get anything.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I did one trade on here with a new member who had zero feedback at the time. I had pretty solid feedback at that time (50+ positive) and he had no issue sending me his end first and let me inspect it, simply because he knew that it was the only way for someone in his position. Our trade went perfect and now he has enough feedback to where he won't have to do it that way again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you gotta start somewhere if you want to buy/sell/trade online. Just make sure the guy you're trading with has a solid rep and has been a member for awhile. Get delivery confirmation and insurance on your package and it's also a good idea to take pics of everything while you're boxing it up. Even take pics of the box once it's all sealed-up so there's no he said/she said nonsense.

Good luck!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
I did one trade on here with a new member who had zero feedback at the time. I had pretty solid feedback at that time (50+ positive) and he had no issue sending me his end first and let me inspect it, simply because he knew that it was the only way for someone in his position. Our trade went perfect and now he has enough feedback to where he won't have to do it that way again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you gotta start somewhere if you want to buy/sell/trade online. Just make sure the guy you're trading with has a solid rep and has been a member for awhile. Get delivery confirmation and insurance on your package and it's also a good idea to take pics of everything while you're boxing it up. Even take pics of the box once it's all sealed-up so there's no he said/she said nonsense.

Good luck!
+1
Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Trading always seems to lead to bad things. Better to sell what you have, and then "trade" the money you get to the person who has what you want. Paypal as goods transactions give you the most protection possible when dealing with unknown people on the internet. Not fool proof, but it is pretty much all you have unless dealing locally.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Trading always seems to lead to bad things. Better to sell what you have, and then "trade" the money you get to the person who has what you want. Paypal as goods transactions give you the most protection possible when dealing with unknown people on the internet. Not fool proof, but it is pretty much all you have unless dealing locally.
Yup. +100

If you don't know the guy, sell your stuff first.

But the flip side of that is, not too many guys on here are thrilled about the idea of buying something from a new member with 0 feedback. You are generally better served to buy a few things first.

Or sell it locally on Craigslist
Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you both decided how much your products are worth. then you send each other the money through Paypal. that way if someone does not ship then you still can fall back on paypal. done it plenty of times and works great
Old 07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by winner View Post
you both decided how much your products are worth. then you send each other the money through Paypal. that way if someone does not ship then you still can fall back on paypal. done it plenty of times and works great

So my item cost 300
His Item 300

I ship he gets mine but I dont get his, Im out 300 plus my item 300. How does this work? Im lost maybe Im missing something but he has my 300 bucks plus my traded item and I only have 300 bucks I broke even on the money I sent but Im still out my traded item.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

The last trade deal I was involved with was a member that had 8 feedbacks, he didn't understand the logic of lower feedback ships first since we both have 100 percent. My 80+ to his 6. I passed on the deal.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

i dont agree that lower feedback should ship first, as we all have seen you can have tons of positive feedbacks then one goes bad or something happens. to me feedback doesnt mean a whole lot, all it tells me is that this person has done good deals in the PAST, doesnt mean that the one you are about to do cant go bad. Ive done a few trades on here and havent had a issue and each trade we ship at the same time, pick a designated time and thats when we ship, exchange tracking numbers and we are done, if something were to happen and the other party doesnt send there item you still have time to stop delivery. if i had low feedback theres no way in heck im gonna send you something first just because you have a higher feedback
just my 2 cents
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by savageboy69 View Post
i dont agree that lower feedback should ship first, as we all have seen you can have tons of positive feedbacks then one goes bad or something happens. to me feedback doesnt mean a whole lot, all it tells me is that this person has done good deals in the PAST, doesnt mean that the one you are about to do cant go bad. Ive done a few trades on here and havent had a issue and each trade we ship at the same time, pick a designated time and thats when we ship, exchange tracking numbers and we are done, if something were to happen and the other party doesnt send there item you still have time to stop delivery. if i had low feedback theres no way in heck im gonna send you something first just because you have a higher feedback
just my 2 cents
+1 Lot of great people on here but always a chance they are not goin to hold up their end of the deal... I would not trade but that's me. But I do like the PayPal idea a few posts up that's kinda smart.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.