Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
hyper-driver - what should be my next step? >

hyper-driver - what should be my next step?

hyper-driver - what should be my next step?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default hyper-driver - what should be my next step?

I replied to an add hyper-driver had posted for some Academy SBv2 buggies. I sent a Paypal payment for the buggies on 5/20. After 2 weeks passed and nothing came, I PMed him. His reponse was appolizing for not sending them out because his wife gave birth & they were having problems with the newborn. He said he would refund my money or have his brother send the buggies the following day (6/05). I said I understood, and I still wanted the buggies. This was on 6/05. Two more weeks go by, and nothing. So I PM him, wait a few days, and no response. So I email him, wait a few days, no response again. I finally had to open a Paypal dispute over a week ago, but still NO RESPONSE! Mt question is, should I now escalate the dispute to a claim with Paypal? I have never had to deal with anything like this before, so was just wondering what my options may be?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Your next step..as long as you did not send the payment as a gift would be to file a claim thru paypal.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Escalate it now don't wait any longer, I'd understand if he did have a newborn and have his brother send them but as of now it's a no show so. I think your time is about to run out so don't wait anymore..... Sucks that it's come.down to this but if you continue to wait you will be sol.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default escalate

escalate, immediately. after 2 weeks I would have escalated lol. I dont care if the pope came down and told you Jesus stopped by the guys house and delivered their baby that they are having trouble with.
I'll take paypal dispute for the win, Alex~
Old 06-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

escalate your claim for sure, end of story.

People give all kinds of stories as to why they haven't shipped items, there's no way to tell if they're telling the truth or not but honestly it doesn't matter what they say. All that matters is their actions.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks Guys, I will be escalating the Paypal dispute immediately then.