Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
interesting non RCtech feedback situation >

interesting non RCtech feedback situation

interesting non RCtech feedback situation

Old 06-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 1176 (100%+)
Default interesting non RCtech feedback situation

RCT,

I sold something on another site. It had been up there for like 3 weeks and finally someone bought it Sunday to someone that had been eyeing it all along. I got called out of town on work(had to fly out first thing monday morning). As soon as I landed I emailed the buyer and said hey I got called out of town for work and am not able to ship until Friday. He gives me a story that I wronged him as the estiamted delivery date was Friday and I should have to pay for overnight shipping and I don't will leave negative feedback???

I told the buyer I would ship overnight but not at my cost just additional cost of what the differnece would be between prioirity and overnight.

I just don't agree. Life happens and somethings come up. I never garunteed any delivery date or shipping date. While I try to get things out as fast as possible I wasn't going to pack it up in my suit case, take it on a plane, and ship on the road. Anyone else agree?

Sorry just had to ask!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 PM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I completely agree with you, if there was no set agreed upon date when you guaranteed shipment then there is nothing you can do, things happen in life that we have no control over. Selling anything online is a risk no matter if on here or somewhere else, there are just some people you just simply cannot please no matter how hard you try. I say if the buyer simply cannot understand then refund him/her their money and just move on......
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Life happens . We can't contol everything . The buyer should understand that . If not refund the money and tell them goodbye. The type of person that would act this way is probably a buyer who will never be happy with a purchase.
Just my opinion.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Did you know you were going to be out of town until friday before he paid on sunday? I would kind of find it hard to beleive if you didnt.
If so you should have let the buyer know you wouldnt be able to ship it out until Friday before he paid.

I have to say if that happened to me i would be a bit annoyed at the delay, but I would not demand o/n shipping.

I would say its only fair if you refund his money if hes not happy with the delay, but i would not pay for overnight shipping.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Read his post again Kyler
Old 06-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Read his post again Kyler
This is the way i read it, and i could be reading it wrong.

Guy pays for item Sunday, Seller has to fly out first thing monday morning for work, and wont be back until friday. On friday he can ship the item. Buyer is upset it wont be shipped until friday and wants it shipped overnight.

My question was if the seller had to fly out first thing monday for work, and wouldnt be back until friday, wouldnt he know about it Sunday when the buyer paid?
If he knew he was going to be away all week, and not able to ship until friday, he should have let the buyer know before hand about the delay in shipping.

If he didnt know, then there is nothing he can do except appologize, and refund the money.

if I am missing something let me know...lol

Last edited by Kylar; 06-27-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 1176 (100%+)

thanks guys that is what I tried to explain to him. I did get called out. It was a you need to be here tomorrow. I even offered a refund. I'm to the point now where I have 30 days thru paypal to get it shipped and I'm going to take pictures/video of the boxing and packing, make it signature only delivery. The way he was acting pushed me to the point of well I'm no hurry to ship it now with your attitude and the fact you have stated you will leave negative feedback. I know I would be disappointed, but I would be understanding... If he was in a hurry he had 3 weeks to purchase it...
Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33 View Post
thanks guys that is what I tried to explain to him. I did get called out. It was a you need to be here tomorrow. I even offered a refund. I'm to the point now where I have 30 days thru paypal to get it shipped and I'm going to take pictures/video of the boxing and packing, make it signature only delivery. The way he was acting pushed me to the point of well I'm no hurry to ship it now with your attitude and the fact you have stated you will leave negative feedback. I know I would be disappointed, but I would be understanding... If he was in a hurry he had 3 weeks to purchase it...
In that case it sounds like you did everything you could, and hes being unreasonable.

I know its annoying as hell, but i would recomend against doing anything to further aggravate the situation. You might be better off just refunding his payment, that way you might be able to get the feedback removed if he leaves it. If not i would send it out on time, maybe use a priority flat rate box or something to speed up shipping at no added expense. Hard to say without knowing what the item is.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yup, I'm with Kylar. You can't control getting called away for work, but you can control how you respond to him and how you complete the transaction. Treat him the way you would any other transaction (and the way you would like to be treated) regardless of his behavior.

If you have any reservations about it, or feel the situation won't end positively for you, then send him a refund and move on to someone else.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33 View Post
i had multiple deals with bigwavedave he is a stand up guy
Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default kinda torn

You dont have someone who can drop it by a post office for you? Sorry I know life happens but you agreed to sell the item if you suddenly told me there was going to be a 5 day delay in shipping, i would be a bit annoyed as well.

was it something you could have packed with you easily and shipped? small box or was it a kit?

Your attitude about "I'll take my time shipping it now" is not good at all, if you're going to go that route, you're better off refunding it to save you BOTH aggravation.

If it was me, I would have made arrangements to get it shipped even if I was called in like you were. After I sell something on RCtech its my #1 priority to get it shipped. Have my girlfriend take it, parents, friend, someone. Make arrangements so you dont have to make the person who just bought your item (after you couldnt sell it for 3 weeks) pissed off about a 5 day delay in shipping.

Demanding overnight is a bit much but so is making someone wait 5 days to ship something you couldnt sell for 3 weeks, when there had to be other options for you
Old 06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TZap View Post
You dont have someone who can drop it by a post office for you? Sorry I know life happens but you agreed to sell the item if you suddenly told me there was going to be a 5 day delay in shipping, i would be a bit annoyed as well.

was it something you could have packed with you easily and shipped? small box or was it a kit?

Your attitude about "I'll take my time shipping it now" is not good at all, if you're going to go that route, you're better off refunding it to save you BOTH aggravation.

If it was me, I would have made arrangements to get it shipped even if I was called in like you were. After I sell something on RCtech its my #1 priority to get it shipped. Have my girlfriend take it, parents, friend, someone. Make arrangements so you dont have to make the person who just bought your item (after you couldnt sell it for 3 weeks) pissed off about a 5 day delay in shipping.

Demanding overnight is a bit much but so is making someone wait 5 days to ship something you couldnt sell for 3 weeks, when there had to be other options for you
You cant assume that he has other options to get the item shipped. Its not anyone but his responsibility to get the item shipped. Ive had several dealings with Dave myself, always a pleasure and perfect deal. For the buyer to ask for overnight shipping is just ridiculous. I dont know about ya'll, but my job comes first, regardless of any deals made. With Daves feedback, I would most definitely give him the extended delivery time. You cant control some things, like being called out for work. When the boss says you go, you go.
With the way the buyer is behaving, a refund would happen even if he didnt want it. He may still leave a negative, but you wont be out your item or money. If you ship, no matter what pics or video you take, he will still probably file a PP claim. The crappy part is PP will most likely rule in his favor. So now you will be out your item and the money you got paid for it.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

^^^^
Old 06-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Budweizer038 View Post
You cant assume that he has other options to get the item shipped. Its not anyone but his responsibility to get the item shipped. Ive had several dealings with Dave myself, always a pleasure and perfect deal. For the buyer to ask for overnight shipping is just ridiculous. I dont know about ya'll, but my job comes first, regardless of any deals made. With Daves feedback, I would most definitely give him the extended delivery time. You cant control some things, like being called out for work. When the boss says you go, you go.
With the way the buyer is behaving, a refund would happen even if he didnt want it. He may still leave a negative, but you wont be out your item or money. If you ship, no matter what pics or video you take, he will still probably file a PP claim. The crappy part is PP will most likely rule in his favor. So now you will be out your item and the money you got paid for it.

just going to have to agree to disagree 8P
Old 06-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)
Default Dave

Originally Posted by TZap View Post
just going to have to agree to disagree 8P
Nothing wrong with that. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Just hope it turns out good for Dave. Hes a good dude to deal with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.