Trader rating, questions

Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Trader rating, questions

Hello
I have made only 9 transactions all good on this site, i have a low trader rating only on this site. between fleebay,rcu,and this site I have over 200 good trader ratings. My question is I earned this by replying to the people who has purchased my gear even AFTER they sent me the money.

I purchased a few things as of late off of this site, the seller's both had 30+ trader ratings. they talked my leg off up until I sent the money. once I sent the money, getting them to reply was and is hard. come on guy's just because you have good trader ratings doesnt mean you should not answer questions or let a guy know, it has been shipped or it hasnt been shipped.

I have warned the guy's if I dont hear anything out of them in the next day, it has been 3 day's now since i sent the money and nothing.... i am going to file a claim with pay pal, and they can keep there gear.

Is that to much to ask?> does this mean i am a pain in the ass? Jesse Franklin
Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

PP claim threats after 3 days are going to get you added to peoples ignore list quickly.

I agree a lack of communication is frustrating but it's just how some people are.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 View Post
Hello
I have made only 9 transactions all good on this site, i have a low trader rating only on this site. between fleebay,rcu,and this site I have over 200 good trader ratings. My question is I earned this by replying to the people who has purchased my gear even AFTER they sent me the money.

I purchased a few things as of late off of this site, the seller's both had 30+ trader ratings. they talked my leg off up until I sent the money. once I sent the money, getting them to reply was and is hard. come on guy's just because you have good trader ratings doesnt mean you should not answer questions or let a guy know, it has been shipped or it hasnt been shipped.

I have warned the guy's if I dont hear anything out of them in the next day, it has been 3 day's now since i sent the money and nothing.... i am going to file a claim with pay pal, and they can keep there gear.

Is that to much to ask?> does this mean i am a pain in the ass? Jesse Franklin
what deal have you done where they havent shipped yet? and where was the person located at? if it was in Florida for example we had a weekend full of bad storms and tornadoes, not saying is ok but it depends where the person is located at it may take a little longer

i personally didnt have any power for 2 1/2 days.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
what deal have you done where they havent shipped yet? and where was the person located at? if it was in Florida for example we had a weekend full of bad storms and tornadoes, not saying is ok but it depends where the person is located at it may take a little longer

i personally didnt have any power for 2 1/2 days.
perfect example of why 3 days is a little early to get "excited" and threaten people with PP claims.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
PP claim threats after 3 days are going to get you added to peoples ignore list quickly.

I agree a lack of communication is frustrating but it's just how some people are.

I am not trying to make anyone's ignore list, or piss anyone off.

Mabey I am alittle paranoid ? or anxious ?

or

I dint ask enough question's before I sent the fund's

I realize your a moderator, let me ask you this if it was your 400.00 and the seller hasnt said nothing for 3 day's since you sent the fund's today being the 4th. tell me you woulnt get allitle anxious.... I also realize that there are situation's beyond one's control and giving the guy the benifit of the doubt at this point. again mabey I am looking for alittle "support" and not a hanging posse. also my package is coming from arizona and there isnt any tornados or power outages there. Jesse Franklin

Last edited by Teamgimpy72; 06-27-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: forgot somthing
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

I would be anxious as well. I'm just saying that posting about threatening to open a PP claim after 4 days can make you appear to be an unrealistic buyer and make some sellers not want to deal with you.

If by monday or tuesday you haven't heard anything maybe start the claims process, you can always close it.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I would be anxious as well. I'm just saying that posting about threatening to open a PP claim after 4 days can make you appear to be an unrealistic buyer and make some sellers not want to deal with you.

If by monday or tuesday you haven't heard anything maybe start the claims process, you can always close it.
Thank you for the advice, im going to sit tight as you said, again I wasnt trying to flame anyone or make them not wanna deal with me on this site, this is the first time I have spent that kind of money on this site I have alway's used this site to "trade" goodies. and never had a problem...

Jesse Franklin
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

From a seller perspective you should do your research before buying anything. Also if you have any questions on the item they are selling you should ask them before you pay for the item, not after.

I have no problem answering peoples questions, but having to research stuff, and look up stats to see if something will work for the buyers application really shouldnt be my job. Not trying to sound rude, but it can get a bit tedious to answer tons of questions. Questions that could be answered if the buyer just went to the manufactures website and read about it. Honestly like i said that should be done before buying an item.

As far as the 3 day thing, I feel ya man. I try to get back to people within 24 hours as a seller. Alot of people do lose the incentive to respond in a timely manner once they have your $$$.
That being said i think 3 days is definitely jumping the gun. I would give it at least a full week with no communication or tracking update, before threatening to file a claim.

I hope it works out for you, and hopefully the guy was just busy or not able to use a pc.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
From a seller perspective you should do your research before buying anything. Also if you have any questions on the item they are selling you should ask them before you pay for the item, not after.

I have no problem answering peoples questions, but having to research stuff, and look up stats to see if something will work for the buyers application really shouldnt be my job. Not trying to sound rude, but it can get a bit tedious to answer tons of questions. Questions that could be answered if the buyer just went to the manufactures website and read about it. Honestly like i said that should be done before buying an item.

As far as the 3 day thing, I feel ya man. I try to get back to people within 24 hours as a seller. Alot of people do lose the incentive to respond in a timely manner once they have your $$$.
That being said i think 3 days is definitely jumping the gun. I would give it at least a full week with no communication or tracking update, before threatening to file a claim.

I hope it works out for you, and hopefully the guy was just busy or not able to use a pc.
i have been in verbal contact with the individual, received tracking information./ i usually am the "seller" and conduct my business in a diffent manner. thanks for all the opinions, i wasnt asking questions after the fact. just "did you get my money?" let me know... jesse franklin

Last edited by Teamgimpy72; 06-27-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: not sweating it anymore