Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Not impressed with Laxal50.........mod need feedback rescinded please >

Not impressed with Laxal50.........mod need feedback rescinded please

Not impressed with Laxal50.........mod need feedback rescinded please

Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Not impressed with Laxal50.........mod need feedback rescinded please

Dealt with Laxal50 4-5 months ago on an SC10. I sold him a BRAND NEW FT SC10(I was selling 2 originally)back in JANUARY. A loaded SC10 FT with a ton of upgrades, parts etc for $200 shipped I believe.

Sent it to him, he recieved it......few days later he mentions a few pieces of hardware are different colors(black vs. blue and vice versa)and that the CF strap was missing. I stated sorry no problem, could get him out the CF strap first thing after the weekend........via direct from me or even a dropship if needed direct from an internet hobbyshop local to him at my cost, but I could not do anything about the few pieces of colored hardware as this was the last SC10 I had. I had 2 identical SC10 FT's for sale, with the only differences being in that a few pieces of hardware had differing color cooridination done on the hardware, but if you didnt look carefully you would not necessarily pick up on it. I didnt and when I edited the original page, accidentally deleted the wrong pics of the first truck sold.

I also without him asking gave him the option of just sending him a refund including the return shipping back to me to nullify the deal. That was the route he ended up going...........the problem is the return shipping basically cost $50 instead of $15(It cost me $14.11 with insurance to ship to him), due in part because he used an extra huge oversized UPS box that could have fit 4-5 SC10 or more in it, plus 10-15 dollars worth of UPS "bubblewrap" on top of it. Total came out to near $50 bucks. I did not pay him $50 dollars return shipping......I paid him $15.....what it originally cost me to ship it to him fully insured and packed well.

We also had a talk over the phone, in which I explained to him my feelings on the refund I gave him and why I didnt feel obligated to pay the extra $35 on top of it, especially when the original shipping box and packaging met the shipping companies requirements to be covered by insurance. He was told if he cashed the check the deal was completely null and void(which I have proof in pm's).

So now months later.......5 months later nearly he decides to leave me negative feedback and claim I did a "bait and switch" on him.......

This is a joke. Hopefully a mod will rescind the feedback left, especially since the deal was nullified already.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

On every deal I do out here, I always tell the buyer that if they are unhappy for ANY reason...other than buyer's remorse of course....they can ship it back to me AT THEIR EXPENSE and I will refund them what they paid me, minus any shipping costs I incurred to get it to them. It's only fair.....

Even if you did do a bait and switch on him, you refunded his money. Sounds like there really isn't anything else you can do for him man. Some buyers will never be happy, no matter what you do. I have had people complain over scratches on a USED item. I offer to refund it if they send it back, but they don't wanna pay shipping....so they grumble off into the night.

You can only do so much, and it sounds to me like you at least tried your best to make this person happy. You win some....you lose some. I'm sure the mods will fix it for you....
Old 06-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod View Post
On every deal I do out here, I always tell the buyer that if they are unhappy for ANY reason...other than buyer's remorse of course....they can ship it back to me AT THEIR EXPENSE and I will refund them what they paid me, minus any shipping costs I incurred to get it to them. It's only fair.....

Even if you did do a bait and switch on him, you refunded his money. Sounds like there really isn't anything else you can do for him man. Some buyers will never be happy, no matter what you do. I have had people complain over scratches on a USED item. I offer to refund it if they send it back, but they don't wanna pay shipping....so they grumble off into the night.

You can only do so much, and it sounds to me like you at least tried your best to make this person happy. You win some....you lose some. I'm sure the mods will fix it for you....
No bait and switch was done, here is the link with all the info.......as you can see had 2 FT SC10's for sale both brand new, just different colored ball cups and a few washers.....thats it! : http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...aling-him.html
Old 06-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Let's just use the,other thread for now.