Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
ntrain42 - don't waste your time dealing with him >

ntrain42 - don't waste your time dealing with him

ntrain42 - don't waste your time dealing with him

Old 06-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down ntrain42 - don't waste your time dealing with him

Tried doing a deal with him earlier in the year and I ended up being the victim of an "unintentional" bait and switch deal. He said it was because he was selling two of the same truck and that it was basically the same truck. The pictures posted in the sale listing clearly showed a different components than were delivered. He only accepts MO or Personal Checks so that also didn't help in the length of the entire process. In the end, he returned my money and I had to ship back his truck. It ended up costing me $30 after all was said and done. I learned that I would rather deal locally than with someone who has such inconvenient sales methods. Take the info for what it's worth, but I certainly will never deal with him again.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

PayPal only way I will ever buy anything off here
Old 06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laxal50 View Post
Tried doing a deal with him earlier in the year and I ended up being the victim of an "unintentional" bait and switch deal. He said it was because he was selling two of the same truck and that it was basically the same truck. The pictures posted in the sale listing clearly showed a different components than were delivered. He only accepts MO or Personal Checks so that also didn't help in the length of the entire process. In the end, he returned my money and I had to ship back his truck. It ended up costing me $30 after all was said and done. I learned that I would rather deal locally than with someone who has such inconvenient sales methods. Take the info for what it's worth, but I certainly will never deal with him again.
This is absolute B******T.

How dare you actually pull this [email protected].

Time to explain the full story.

I'll give the short story first to get to the point.

A. You recieved a brand new SC10FT and upgrade parts totaling over $400........but you were not happy because a few pieces of hardware were black vs blue and blue vs. black.........the hardware itself was worth pennies literally. I didnt have any extra colored hardware because I sold my other SC10 FT off too which was identical minus a few pieces of hardware which were oppisite in color. I accidentally deleted the wrong pics on my edited FS post. The other item the missing item the CF strap was found and I was going to send out to your first thing on Monday(Back in JANUARY)overnighted at my expense.

B. Regardless, I of my own accord also offered to send you a full refund INCLUDING the shipping cost to you(which was basically $15 insured)if you were not happy once I got the truck back in identical condition.

C. Now here is the kicker. I sold it originally for $200 shipped. It cost me $15 to ship to youy insured, so I basically sold it for $185. So I had a check ready for $215 to give back to you once the truck was recieved back. But the "receipt" you gave me for the return shipping was for nearly $50 dollars on an item weighing less than 5 pounds? The reason being is because you bought a monster 2 plus oversized box via UPS measurements that could have fit a half dozen of these trucks safely in it(or to put it in perspective both my 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter could fit into it comfortably), plus tacked on bubblewrap cost. The oversized box jacked up the shipping cost immensely plus the bubblewrap on top of it. Sorry, we had a talk about this on the phone directly 4-5 months ago, I mentioned my feelings, and your lack of communication on the return etc.........it was also stated on the phone and directly in a PM that by cashing the refund check the deal was null and void.

And now all these months later you pull this......leave me bad feedback when the deal was rescinded? And to add your dragging my name through the mud saying you are the "victim" of a bait and switch? That different components were delivered? You didnt mention the fact that the components were actually the SAME, but just that a few pieces of hardware(screws and washers)were just differing colors of blue and black........what a joke this is.

Last edited by ntrain42; 06-20-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Agreed that it is a pretty gutless manuever to leave negative feedback and posting dragging someone's name through the mud months later on a transaction that seems to have already been resolved.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Here is the original link to the FS thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...brand-new.html

Now Im going to post dated pics of what I sold him.......as you will see a few pieces of hardware were different colors(RPM ball ends blue instead of black etc), but the upgraded hardware was still there as mentioned, just the wrong color.........a complete misshap on my side since I had 2 of these that were technically identical.......

here is what I sold and recieved back from him............................like 5 months ago..........:

And here are the 2 SC10FT's together........as you can see the are identical, but if you look close you will see the RPM ball cup ends are different colors..........silly me though......I didnt catch that right off the bat when I was editing and deleting pics on the original FS thread that both were up for sale on above..............

Again this is absolute B*****T..............what a skanky scummy thing to do....................honestly you seem to forget that this whole deal and ordeal with you KRIS cost me $30 as well. All because of my "bait and switch"....................yeah don't waste your time dealing with Ntrain he is a real scammer and will end up offering you a refund back and even offer to pay for return shipping all because of a few small pieces of hardware were blue instead of black................go figure!

Last edited by ntrain42; 06-20-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Unless another SM steps in first I'll look further into this in the morning. Train, send me Amy PMs if you have any. Untill then please edit out the cuss words!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Unless another SM steps in first I'll look further into this in the morning. Train, send me Amy PMs if you have any. Untill then please edit out the cuss words!
Edited em, and PM's sent.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Ntrain42 went out of his way in the PM's he sent me to try and make things right. Ya, technically he got the wrong truck but the very minor differences between the 2 brand new trucks could have been worked out without a return, IMO. Ntrain42 seems he would have been willing to do so. The OP's big gripe about the deal is the amount he received as a refund....

@ the OP, return shipping in a case like this is normally up to the person returning the item, Ntrain42 even covered that. You lost $30 on shipping because of the way you decided to package and ship the item back. That's not Ntrain42's fault, it yours.

I've shipped a 4x4 SCT with 2 bodies an extra set of tires and other stuff with the same carrier and it cost me 19 bucks.

Just one more thread showing that it doesn't pay to make comments until we all here both sides of the story!

Ntrain42, I would be willing to deal with you anytime. To me you're a stand up seller willing to make things right.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Ntrain42 went out of his way in the PM's he sent me to try and make things right. Ya, technically he got the wrong truck but the very minor differences between the 2 brand new trucks could have been worked out without a return, IMO. Ntrain42 seems he would have been willing to do so. The OP's big gripe about the deal is the amount he received as a refund....

@ the OP, return shipping in a case like this is normally up to the person returning the item, Ntrain42 even covered that. You lost $30 on shipping because of the way you decided to package and ship the item back. That's not Ntrain42's fault, it yours.

I've shipped a 4x4 SCT with 2 bodies an extra set of tires and other stuff with the same carrier and it cost me 19 bucks.

Just one more thread showing that it doesn't pay to make comments until we all here both sides of the story!

Ntrain42, I would be willing to deal with you anytime. To me you're a stand up seller willing to make things right.
I see nothing but a seller who went out of this way to make things right. Some people these days.......
Old 06-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I would deal with you ntrain any time. Glad to see your feedback has been fixed as well.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines View Post
I see nothing but a seller who went out of this way to make things right. Some people these days.......
agree 100%.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)

It's sad that people would bash a person who was more than willing to make things right..

To ntrain42, if you ever had something to sell that I needed I would not hesitate to purchase from you as you are a stand up seller...
Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys, appreciate the posts.........I was shocked and dumbfounded the other day to see a PM in my box concerning feedback........I didnt even recognize the user ID who sent it at first.......and then I saw the negative feedback and thread left and I was like WTF............., this transaction happened like last winter in January.............I was really shocked because I went out of my way to try and make the buyer happy to the best of my abilities......but after a few PM's and phone calls when I knew I was dealing with someone new to the hobby(he was questioning why the ball cups and some washers were different colors)so I offered him a full refund even including the return shipping because I sensed a possible "problem transaction" and the buyer obviously had zero clue just how much of a killer deal he scored off this kit and the countless quality upgrades it had included. The other "sister" / identical SC10FT was sold to Lawdawg and he was blown away by the deal and was pleasantly surprised because there were a few upgrades included that I even forgot to mention, LOL!

I know there are alot of scammers that try and take advantage of alot of the good hobbyists here, but Im not one of them. I don't take paypal, and do the traditional check, MO, or cash on local pickup route so I know I take a hit on pricing and sales/trades tend to go slower, but I find it causes less headaches all around for me. Ive done about 20-25 transactions here on RCtech to date, and shockingly this is the first issue I had(and it should never have been an issue to begin with).

Anyway, thanks again guys........and especially to Racer1812 to fixing my feedback and setting things straight!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

laxal50, I'm not removing your feedback. You were given a more than reasonable refund. Mistakes on return shipping made by you are not the sellers fault. You don't really have anything to complain about.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Thumbs up

laxal50, I'm not removing your feedback. You were given a more than reasonable refund. Mistakes on return shipping made by you are not the sellers fault. You don't really have anything to complain about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.