Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
???What do you Take out of this add??? >

???What do you Take out of this add???

???What do you Take out of this add???

Old 06-16-2012, 11:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 314 (100%+)
Default ???What do you Take out of this add???

Please read this add and let me know as I was told I didnt represent the add as I was selling" saddle packs" and the pictures weren't descriptive enough and says he wants his money back. Here is the PM I received and the Link to the add.

THE PM I RECEIVED: "I am going to need to return the two carbon lipos. They were not described as "saddle packs" and there were not pictures out of the box to show me what kind they were. I would like a refund and I will pay return shipping. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks in advance,

Andy "

THE LINK TO THE ADD: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ipos-sale.html

OH-- And your advice is appreciated as if I am wrong, I would gladly refund his money.. TY in advance.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

People are nuts.....

Its says saddle pack in the add and the pics show the same...

you are not at fault and if it were me I would not take them back..
Old 06-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yea I saw that ad AND wanted those!!!

I knew for sure they were saddles!!

Some folks don't pay close enough attention before they jump in!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

i agree....he didn't read close enough...its not your fault
Old 06-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I can't tell you how many times I spend time to describe an item, people don't read the description and PM me questions with stuff answered in the description.

I told one guy to re-read my post as all his questions were answered. He called me an ass and told me that he expects better customer service when buying an item. I lol'd and sold it to someone else.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Description looks plain as day to me. Only thing I noticed is that you edited your ad today. Not saying that you changed anything regarding the lipos, just saying that I didn't see the ad yesterday. Sounds to me like a certain buyer doesn't have the best reading skills.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You edited the "ad" before making this thread, there's no way to know what was there before. His email doesn't come off as offensive or anything, is a refund off the table completely?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:44 PM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Your best bet is to refund the money but only after he returns the item and they are in the exact same condition as they were when you sent them to him. I had a similar situation where the buyer apparently didn't read the ad and was upset when he got the item because he thought there was more to it (long story basically he bought the playstation move from me on here and thought it came with a ps3)...... I told him I'd refund him the money as soon as he sent it back, however he filed a claim/dispute via paypal and won even when I told him I'd refund the money in the first place. Which is why I recommend you offer him the refund because if you don't and he files a claim the chances are he will win and its just a headache not worth going through.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 314 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Description looks plain as day to me. Only thing I noticed is that you edited your ad today. Not saying that you changed anything regarding the lipos, just saying that I didn't see the ad yesterday. Sounds to me like a certain buyer doesn't have the best reading skills.
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
You edited the "ad" before making this thread, there's no way to know what was there before. His email doesn't come off as offensive or anything, is a refund off the table completely?

As far as editing the add, yes, but nothing in the description was edited, Southernfried wanted them from the original posting and didnt beat him to the payment part. PLUS here is the link to another forum i had it posted on.

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...-sale-*-*.html
Old 06-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sounds like the buyer is at fault here IMO. I saw the edited post and have to question why you edited. If you got a pm from the buyer you should have left it alone, if anything just to prove he was wrong.

I think your only option here is to have the guy send them back then refund the $$ when you verify what you get back is what you sent. Unfortunately the buyer has you by the balls here.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Return and refund is a safe bet. Right or wrong no feedback or positive feedback as a seller is better than bad feedback for a good seller.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If payment was through PP, and for Goods, not Gifted, I would contact them first. Give them all info, including the PM. Just as a CYA move. Do not refund until you get the package. Take pics of the package as you received it, upon opening it, and then test the batteries. Once you confirm if it's all on the up n up, then contact PP again, informing them everything is, and send the refund.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:29 PM

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

First line of ad says saddle packs.

Hard decision, because others that probably would have bought them may have already bought others by now. I would probably refund and leave a negative feedback, or just tell him sorry, but they are as described and you can't be responsible for his poor reading skills or lack of attention to detail.

If you do decide to refund, I would make it clear that yes, he will not only pay for return shipping, but he will receive a refund minus the cost of shipping to him.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by badaml View Post
First line of ad says saddle packs.

Hard decision, because others that probably would have bought them may have already bought others by now. I would probably refund and leave a negative feedback, or just tell him sorry, but they are as described and you can't be responsible for his poor reading skills or lack of attention to detail.

If you do decide to refund, I would make it clear that yes, he will not only pay for return shipping, but he will receive a refund minus the cost of shipping to him.
This is your best bet so far. +1

I'm sure he can fight a paypal clam couse as we have been told 100000000000000 of times pp takes the buyers side, I think you would have had a fighting chance if you would have made a copy of the first post and then edited your ad. But with no copy to say this was what it is and how it was described I think you hung yourself. And you can say well I only changed this and beleive me I'm with ya but you have no proof. So I'd refund him - the cost of ALL shipping and be done with it. Also add his name for people that wanna add him to the iggy list.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I checked his history of the first post and it clearly states Lipo Saddle Packs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.