mods please help me

Old 06-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default mods please help me

i found items i bought then i found something more what i was looking for. the seller is telling me that he wants to give me negative feedback cause i changed my mind. the seller did refund my money back to me. please help me.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darryl80 View Post
i found items i bought then i found something more what i was looking for. the seller is telling me that he wants to give me negative feedback cause i changed my mind. the seller did refund my money back to me. please help me.
This one, in my opinion is a little tricky. By completing the deal with the seller a transaction was completed so I guess he could leave feedback, although a negative may be a little harsh. Now I have had to pull out of deals before, but always because of another reason besides "finding something else" and when I tell the seller what's up they have been very understanding. I also, as I have told the seller, understand a deal is a deal and I would honor that deal if they had a problem with cancelling the transaction. The thing to keep in mind is that you probably cost the seller another sell. If I am looking for something on the forums and see it as sold, or am told it is sold, I move to the next in line. I think just cancelling a deal just because you changed your mind is not cool, whether you are the buyer or the seller. On the flip side I have had sellers change their mind after I bought something and just cancel the deal. That puts you in a pickle too because now you have to start the search for that item all over again, and in the interim may have passed on other offers. Should a neutral feedback not be left for those cases too?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Questions??

You paid for an item then changed your mind? If thats the case other members here should be made aware that you are a troublesome trader. I think the seller is an awesome trader for refunding your money, I also thing he will probably cool off soon and do the right thing.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darryl80 View Post
If you changed your mind and he refunded your money , well that tells me that he is ok with it and that's why he refunded the money ! So in my eyes there shouldn't be a negative feedback , he agreed by agreeing to give you the refund
Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
If you changed your mind and he refunded your money , well that tells me that he is ok with it and that's why he refunded the money ! So in my eyes there shouldn't be a negative feedback , he agreed by agreeing to give you the refund
+1 no one could have said it any better
Old 06-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thank you Marcos.J
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 PM

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I would think a neg. would be deserved, maybe the seller can chime in and tell us his side? After all, maybe he refunded anticipating future problems, like the buyer making a claim through paypal and figured it would be better to do a refund rather than risk losing the money AND the items.

Having to cancel because something came up is one thing, cancelling due to changing your mind or finding something else is entirely another imo.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Battle of the super mods, round one

It was probably the easiest action to take (refunding the seller) but I wouldn't say he did it because he agreed with it. He could have told the buyer to pound sand and shipped the item anyway. It's been done before and I'm not going to get into that fiasco (many of you will know which deal I'm talking about)

Had you, the buyer, changed your mind before sending payment you would be no worse than any other tire kicker, it happens no big deal. However, IMO, once you sent the payment you committed to the deal. I personally think you're stuck with whatever feedback the seller gives you.

If Marcos doesn't agree with me and wants to change your feedback, if the seller gives you a negative, I'm not going to butt heads with him on it but I personally won't change it for you.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:54 AM

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Battle of the super mods, round one

It was probably the easiest action to take (refunding the seller) but I wouldn't say he did it because he agreed with it. He could have told the buyer to pound sand and shipped the item anyway. It's been done before and I'm not going to get into that fiasco (many of you will know which deal I'm talking about)

Had you, the buyer, changed your mind before sending payment you would be no worse than any other tire kicker, it happens no big deal. However, IMO, once you sent the payment you committed to the deal. I personally think you're stuck with whatever feedback the seller gives you.

If Marcos doesn't agree with me and wants to change your feedback, if the seller gives you a negative, I'm not going to butt heads with him on it but I personally won't change it for you.
Rock on!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I'm going to go with the seller on this and say you deserve a neg, it's not up to the sellers on here to cover buyers remorse, he's done the right thing by refunding you but doesn't mean he has to be happy about it, and maybe a neg will discourage you from doing it to someone else. If the seller has turned away 3 or 4 potential buyers to sell to you only to have you back out, then you've just wasted a good portion of his time as well as suggesting that your needs supersede his. Suck it up, cop the neg, don't be a baby and retaliate in kind and learn from it.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Seller should get a positive period. If it was me I'd leave a neutral for buyer unless item had shipped. I think a negative is pretty harsh . With that being said . It wasn't my deal and is totally up to the seller to give what feedback he feels the buyer deserves. If its a negative then a negative it is.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Seller should get a positive.
Reneging buyer should get a neutral.

You not being a person of your word should show in your trader rating. I appreciate your honesty but changing your mind because you found something else is a pretty weak excuse.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

You changed your mind big deal both of you should suck it up and leave it alone... If you found something else then great, you guys started a deal but this deal was never finished so I'd say buyer and seller should not leave feed back on no transaction took place. The comment bout u being a trouble starter with the buy made me laugh...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snipersnightmar View Post
You changed your mind big deal both of you should suck it up and leave it alone... If you found something else then great, you guys started a deal but this deal was never finished so I'd say buyer and seller should not leave feed back on no transaction took place. The comment bout u being a trouble starter with the buy made me laugh...
Actually in my eyes the deal was completed and that is what sucks about it. This guy has done this "I changed my mind" crap to at least two people. Now had he not completed the deal by paying or receiving payment, then I agree no big deal, move on, but to complete the deal and then just "change your mind" is not cool. I, as a seller would want to know that so I don't deal with somebody that will flake out at a moments notice and leave me holding a product that I had passed up other offers for because it was already sold.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2canSAM View Post
Actually in my eyes the deal was completed and that is what sucks about it. This guy has done this "I changed my mind" crap to at least two people. Now had he not completed the deal by paying or receiving payment, then I agree no big deal, move on, but to complete the deal and then just "change your mind" is not cool. I, as a seller would want to know that so I don't deal with somebody that will flake out at a moments notice and leave me holding a product that I had passed up other offers for because it was already sold.
I tend to agree with this. If the OP/buyer has backed out on a couple of deals already, then yes, this information would be helpful to me as I'm making a decision.

Back out once, that's understandable, things happen. Backing out of them frequently, all parties should have that information available when making a decision.

If this is the second or third transaction the OP has bailed on, I think neutral with a valid explanation is a reasonable feedback.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.