Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
What is up with all the lowballers???? >

What is up with all the lowballers????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is up with all the lowballers????

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Whatever....so I guess it's my fault for buying a claped out SC..I guess I should have asked the seller to disassemble the diffs and take videos of the servo working..right..and where's the sellers responsibility in this? You won't EVER have to worry about sellin to me cuz your on the wouldn't buy from list..
Yes, I would say it is your fault. Have you left negative feedback for the person you got it from? If not, then you are helping that person screw someone else down the line. Nope, you left positive feedback. I am sure others in the future will thank you.
Did you ask about any issues with the SC, or just assume it was in good shape?
How was the seller's feedback?
Why did you not return the SC?

As far as not buying from me, lol, my heart is breaking. My feedback more than speaks for itself, and anyone that has dealt with me knows that I am honest and stand behind the stuff I sell or trade. So put me on your do not buy from list and go buy from another person that screws you. Smart move.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
Yes, I would say it is your fault. Have you left negative feedback for the person you got it from? If not, then you are helping that person screw someone else down the line.
Did you ask about any issues with the SC, or just assume it was in good shape?
How was the seller's feedback?
Why did you not return the SC?

As far as not buying from me, lol, my heart is breaking. My feedback more than speaks for itself, and anyone that has dealt with me knows that I am honest and stand behind the stuff I sell or trade. So put me on your do not buy from list and go buy from another person that screws you. Smart move.
Your attitude speaks volumes..I sell 90% of my stuff local..easier..no shipping, I use to sell a lot here on RC Tech before they started the trader feedback..but yeah..I'll pass..
Old 06-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Suspended

Your attitude speaks volumes..I sell 90% of my stuff local..easier..no shipping, I use to sell a lot here on RC Tech before they started the trader feedback..but yeah..I'll pass..
As does yours...Pissing and moaning about everything and not doing anything to change things...Yep, you are a true credit to the hobby.

Most of the things I have bought from here have been well worth it, and I have met some very nice people from here also. Then again, I don't expect to buy something brand new at half price either.

You used to sell a lot before the trader feedback? I guess the feedback system does some of what it is supposed to, since it stopped you from selling

Don't get me wrong, it sucks for anyone to get screwed on here, and I was not condoning nor finding any joy in you getting a bad deal. This is a good site, but it does have it's share of dishonest people. That should be reason enough for you to help, especially as long as you have been on here. You should have left neg feedback or at least posted your experience with the seller.

Seems odd you are so quick to point fingers and say, another person to place on the do not deal with list, but you do nothing to the person that screwed you?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by Tran901
i don't think i am rich by any means...i work 6 days a week to pay for my hobby. thats why i can go out of control to buy all the cars in my sig...i may not have time to run them all, but i like the fact that i can enjoy them at the local track at my leisure. i have also donated cars and cash to people with causes on here and to local racers that have broken something that don't have the funds to replace what broke or don't have the ability to do so........

so i don't know what you meant by that comment...i do have an awesome attitude
I work alot too...for my hobbies..all of them..I agree with you 100 percent...not only rich people have rcs but if you have to struggle to put food on the table you probably should stick with what you have. Now..would like to donate 300 bucks to fix our FD's quad..LMAO..JK!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by blade329
Yup, I have been there. I had a guy offer me $60 for my Sakura Touring car. I was totally insulted, but politely turned down the offer. I can understand wanting a good deal, but sometimes you have to ask yourself if you are being reasonable. You get what you pay for. I mean, do you really want that $200 RTR 1/8th scale. Chances are it's been chewed up and spat out by a trash compactor.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by FASTMAXX86
I work alot too...for my hobbies..all of them..I agree with you 100 percent...not only rich people have rcs but if you have to struggle to put food on the table you probably should stick with what you have. Now..would like to donate 300 bucks to fix our FD's quad..LMAO..JK!
I think only rich people have 1/5.....I am not rich, that is why I sold my baja and am sticking with 1/8 lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Ok children, lets all get along...lol

I would say if you are the type of person that is going to be very critical of the condition on used offroad vehicles you should just buy new.
Obviously everything should be working. But if you going to be "that guy" that complains up a storm because of minor rust on screws, minor play in drivetrain or arms, scuffs on the body, chassis, or wheels, bearings not acting like they are brand new. Then wants half their money back on a car they already paid less then half new prices, just go buy a new one!

That's a generalization, i'm not trying to pick apart anyone's personal experience in this thread.

As far as the low ballers I have tried the ask a little more and then come down, that doesnt seem to work. I've tried the price it very good and be firm with the price. Either way alot of people on here expect your used items to be like you just took it new out of the box, and then want to give it to them for 25% of new cost. They need to get real.
I price my stuff cheaper then ebay, or where ever i can find the cheapest used prices to base it on. Usually people still try to drag me down $10-20 on a $40 item. I just laugh and sell it to someone else, or on a different site.

Another funny thing i noticed is the same people that usually low ball, are the people that ask WAY to much when they sell their own stuff! Absolutely ridiculous!!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Lord

So..the attitudes that I'm seeing here is because it's used it can be a total POS and the justification for dumping it is it's used..I have bought a few cars here that were listed in excellent condition..they were not in said condition, if I buy a used car and it's listed in "excellent" like new condition..that's what I expect..whenever I sell one of my cars they are in "excellent" condition, I clean everything, new shock oil, diffs have new gaskets & diff fluid, all the bearings are cleaned and any bearings that are gritty are replaced with new, all the screws are corect as all the ball studs, the shocks have the corect and matching springs & pistons..when I set a price it's fair (generally half of new costs)..if in fact what your selling is excellent why would you be willing to take half (seems to be the standard low ball offer) of your asking price..so if you list a car/truck in "EXCELLENT" condition and I buy it and it's got bad diffs and blown out bearings, incorrect screws..ball studs..etc..Damm Right "I'm that guy"..just to help out here's a "list"..And from what I've seen here on RC Tech..

Excellent (about 10%)
Very Good Condition (about 15%)
Good Condition (about 25%)
Fair (about 40%)
Poor (about 10%)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Suspended

So..the attitudes that I'm seeing here is because it's used it can be a total POS and the justification for dumping it is it's used..I have bought a few cars here that were listed in excellent condition..they were not in said condition, if I buy a used car and it's listed in "excellent" like new condition..that's what I expect..whenever I sell one of my cars they are in "excellent" condition, I clean everything, new shock oil, diffs have new gaskets & diff fluid, all the bearings are cleaned and any bearings that are gritty are replaced with new, all the screws are corect as all the ball studs, the shocks have the corect and matching springs & pistons..when I set a price it's fair (generally half of new costs)..if in fact what your selling is excellent why would you be willing to take half (seems to be the standard low ball offer) of your asking price..so if you list a car/truck in "EXCELLENT" condition and I buy it and it's got bad diffs and blown out bearings, incorrect screws..ball studs..etc..Damm Right "I'm that guy"..just to help out here's a "list"..And from what I've seen here on RC Tech..

Excellent (about 10%)
Very Good Condition (about 15%)
Good Condition (about 25%)
Fair (about 40%)
Poor (about 10%)
Nobody said anything about it being ok to misrepresent what is being sold.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
Nobody said anything about it being ok to misrepresent what is being sold.
+1000

Exactly, i think someone took the post a little personally...lol
Old 06-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Suspended

My experience on here has been very good, and I would say 90 percent of what I have bought or traded for was accurately described, and 70 percent was in very good to almost new condition in some cases. I always ask questions about what I am buying, and have not had any surprises when the items arrive.

I also do a little research though, depending on what is being sold. It is easy enough to view past posts from the person. A like new only run 2 races rc may not seem like such a deal when the past posts show the person was having issues from the start, and is dumping it because of a poorly built rc. A perfect condition used 2 races motor isn't such a deal when past postings show the person asking if 190 degree + temps in a 7 min qualifier is ok, and the motor seemed to be down on power through the main.

Above all, if it seems too good, it usually is. I have found some great deals, and yes, I have made offers below the asking price, but those offers are based on what I have seen the items sell for at one time or another here on the forums.

At this time, I really need a Tekin truggy motor. I expect to pay in the $90 range, with the low being $75 if they really need to move it, $120 if it is very low use and excellent condition. Anything below that price is probably in rough shape, and anything above I would just buy new.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kylar
+1000

Exactly, i think someone took the post a little personally...lol
I did take it "personally"..it was directed at me so why wouldn't I..
Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I did take it "personally"..it was directed at me so why wouldn't I..
Kylar said very plainly in his post that his comment was very generalized about RCTech, not towards any specific person's experiences listed in this thread.

No one has said anything at all that supports misrepresenting an item.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
Kylar said very plainly in his post that his comment was very generalized about RCTech, not towards any specific person's experiences listed in this thread.

No one has said anything at all that supports misrepresenting an item.
I have yet to see an add for a "used busted up POS"..
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Suspended

I have yet to see an add for a "used busted up POS"..
That's because you are buying them before anyone gets to see the ad

Just kidding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.