Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
What is up with all the lowballers???? >

What is up with all the lowballers????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is up with all the lowballers????

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
why do people take it so personally when someone offers less than what you deem appropriate?
And the same could be said for ppl like you. Who take it so personally to "block" ppl for not wasting any more of thier time with a reply to your "low ball" offer...
Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
you guys will never agree, lets just move on.
I agree..
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

I understand the attempt to boomerang it back to me, but it doesn't apply. Blocking someone is just a way for me to ensure I won't do business with them. It's just that. A business decision. The same thing could be achieved by me just writin their name on a piece of paper and keep it next to the computer, but I'm too lazy and would probably lose the paper anyway.

And for the record, I don't lowball. I have blocked one person because of this (other than oasis). He was selling a couple sets of used SC wheels/tires for $50. I offered him $40. I can't imagine how anyone could consider that a "lowball offer".
Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Lord

I understand the attempt to boomerang it back to me, but it doesn't apply. Blocking someone is just a way for me to ensure I won't do business with them. It's just that. A business decision. The same thing could be achieved by me just writin their name on a piece of paper and keep it next to the computer, but I'm too lazy and would probably lose the paper anyway.

And for the record, I don't lowball. I have blocked one person because of this (other than oasis). He was selling a couple sets of used SC wheels/tires for $50. I offered him $40. I can't imagine how anyone could consider that a "lowball offer".
..I'm ok with this..it's your loss and certainly not mine, I sell Top Notch equipment, I ask a fair price..
Old 03-15-2013, 04:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

See signature ---

Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I had a guy just offer me $150 shipped for my Durango 410, but I had to add wheels and tires and extra parts....I thought my asking price of $185 was fair with a body and nothing else
Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tran901
I had a guy just offer me $150 shipped for my Durango 410, but I had to add wheels and tires and extra parts....I thought my asking price of $185 was fair with a body and nothing else
The problem is we live in a society of "pawn stars" now. People watch TV seeing Rick offer 33% of their asking in a lot of cases and people think it's the norm. Difference is --- he's running a business. He needs room for profit due to overhead. We are "collectors" buying and selling to one another. People have been having difficulty distinguishing between the two and think they are pawn dealers.

I had a guy call me about a fridge I have up for sale. I have a side by side Kenmore about 6 years old up for $175.00. They go for no less than $1000 brand new. First thing he says is, "What's the best you'll go on it." I said, "The best is what you see. Sorry man, I'm not going to negotiate against myself."

Soon enough people are just going to get tired of the haggling. The price will be the price and that's that. I've already gotten to that point (for the most part). Sure, things take a bit longer to sell sometimes because I'm unwilling to move on price, but F-it. Eventually, it sells because someone WILL come along and see the value in your item.

A lot of times its not even about the price, but the haggling in itself. Guys like *Phreak don't care what your asking is. If you don't move down 20% regardless you're a poor seller. You're unreasonable. You're blocked .

Soon that breed of buyers will be long gone once the sellers are jaded enough to just say, "Move on" or --- simply not respond (as discussed before).
Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I totally agree with you.

I get this a lot and it annoys me...."we are in a depression, so you prob need the money."

I'm neither rich or poor, but I can tell you this, I will leave that item on my shelf to rot before I give up to that
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

your signature is both appropriate and ironic. i don't know what happened to you as a child that causes you to get so offended and deeply hurt when someone offers you a couple bucks less than what you're asking for some used R/C stuff. the fact of the matter is if this type of bargaining has reached epidemic proportions in your mind, then you have a couple options. either don't list stuff and lower the enormous stress it causes you or keep listing stuff, stress yourself out, and continue to cry about it in threads like this.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tran901
Which is about the price a used B44 goes for. Unless it is a v3, in which case you were probably asking too little. Either way, it was what someone was willing to pay, if you don't like it, ignore them or tell them no. Deals are had every day...i picked up an S811 roller with electric conversion for $115 shipped (which I would consider a great deal). Not saying someone in the market for a 410 that that would not be a good deal, but these are luxury items and I can't blame someone for trying to get the best deal possible. What we can do is tell them no thank you though.

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
The problem is we live in a society of "pawn stars" now. People watch TV seeing Rick offer 33% of their asking in a lot of cases and people think it's the norm. Difference is --- he's running a business. He needs room for profit due to overhead. We are "collectors" buying and selling to one another. People have been having difficulty distinguishing between the two and think they are pawn dealers.

I had a guy call me about a fridge I have up for sale. I have a side by side Kenmore about 6 years old up for $175.00. They go for no less than $1000 brand new. First thing he says is, "What's the best you'll go on it." I said, "The best is what you see. Sorry man, I'm not going to negotiate against myself."

Soon enough people are just going to get tired of the haggling. The price will be the price and that's that. I've already gotten to that point (for the most part). Sure, things take a bit longer to sell sometimes because I'm unwilling to move on price, but F-it. Eventually, it sells because someone WILL come along and see the value in your item.

A lot of times its not even about the price, but the haggling in itself. Guys like *Phreak don't care what your asking is. If you don't move down 20% regardless you're a poor seller. You're unreasonable. You're blocked .

Soon that breed of buyers will be long gone once the sellers are jaded enough to just say, "Move on" or --- simply not respond (as discussed before).
This is a little overdramatic isn't it? Pawn Stars ruined the children, but one day the entire world will all come see my way is the best way and it will be utopia!

You hit the nail on the head though. Eventually it will sell and the price is all about the speed at which you sell an item. The higher the price, the longer it will take to sell. The better the "deal" with a lower price, the faster it will sell.

RCFreak chooses to handle it differently then you. In the end, it is his decision. This thread is gonna get shut down though with these types of comments though.

your signature is both appropriate and ironic. i don't know what happened to you as a child that causes you to get so offended and deeply hurt when someone offers you a couple bucks less than what you're asking for some used R/C stuff. the fact of the matter is if this type of bargaining has reached epidemic proportions in your mind, then you have a couple options. either don't list stuff and lower the enormous stress it causes you or keep listing stuff, stress yourself out, and continue to cry about it in threads like this.
See above. There is actually some good discussion here (it's just getting harder to find) and this thread is going to get closed if you both cannot stop bickering. Neither of you will agree with each other and so be it. Agree to disagree and block each other and move on. Please.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

This is how I see it, if you do not list price is firm then expect to get offered a lower number regardless if you feel like your asking price is low already and fair. So if you want to bicker about someone haggling you on your price and not list that its your own fault. And to use a tv show like Pawn Stars actually made me laugh, because people are going to haggle and deal on anything being sold whether it be an rc car or a 1:1 car, regardless of the tv show or not............. I don't see why everyone is jumping on rcphreak to me he simply stated that he offers a lower number that he still feels is fair, and its his choice whether or not to block someone if he chooses to do so..........
Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by orcadigital
This is a little overdramatic isn't it? Pawn Stars ruined the children, but one day the entire world will all come see my way is the best way and it will be utopia!
Too funny . Using a Pawn Stars example is overdramatic. Haha ---
Attention Ladies and Gentleman: The voice of reason has arrived.

RCFreak chooses to handle it differently then you. In the end, it is his decision. This thread is gonna get shut down though with these types of comments though.
Wouldn't be the worse thing in the world to happen on RCT LOL.... Shut it down, who cares

He choose to block people that won't respond to him after he Low-balls and I'm overdramitic using a Pawn Stars example. Outstanding.

this thread is going to get closed if you both cannot stop bickering. Neither of you will agree with each other and so be it. Agree to disagree and block each other and move on. Please.
Please reference above in Bold

I agree with your first statement. My signature is both appropriate and ironic because I log in and engage in complaining just like you and everyone else over little toys that go REALLY REALLY FAST! Who gives a crap. That's RC, will always be RC. We all have a couple of screws loose to spend the money we do on this crap.

PS - all N.I.P. stuff I was selling for $10 bucks, and I'm offered $8. Not deeply offended... more like... laughable. Again, I'll burn all of it and send you the picture before I allow items I have up for 80% off already go for 80% of my 80% off asking.

It's not me who's establishing the reputation of being a cheap skate on here.

Isn't it time to block me yet?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
This is how I see it, if you do not list price is firm then expect to get offered a lower number regardless if you feel like your asking price is low already and fair. So if you want to bicker about someone haggling you on your price and not list that its your own fault. And to use a tv show like Pawn Stars actually made me laugh, because people are going to haggle and deal on anything being sold whether it be an rc car or a 1:1 car, regardless of the tv show or not............. I don't see why everyone is jumping on rcphreak to me he simply stated that he offers a lower number that he still feels is fair, and its his choice whether or not to block someone if he chooses to do so..........
It's not so much offering a "lower" price, it's wanting "me" to reply..and actually I'm glad to not have to deal with shysters..
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
It's not so much offering a "lower" price, it's wanting "me" to reply..and actually I'm glad to not have to deal with shysters..
Well obviously you two don't see eye to eye since you've had a previous deal go south in the past, but the others iono lol.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I think everyone just needs to sell everything for $1 shipped. Problem solved, now can we please get back to beating the crap out of our toys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.