Beware of Lostdog

Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Beware of Lostdog

Hello my name is John i planned to make a deal with lost dog to sell my mini revo to him he told me that i must ship first and he would later send payment because i had no trade feedback and he had problems in the past he also wanted me to insure the package he happily sent me a list of people e traded with and i sent my car out. Later that day i received a reply from one of he past traders who sent me his phone # to further discus he experience trading with lostdog turns out he had ship his item first also and lost dog claimed he never received it and made this other user file a insurance claim i quickly put together that i was also going to become a victim of the same scam (no wonder he wanted me to insure the package so bad) and intercepted my package before he received it I told him because i didn't receive payment i sent it back and now lost money for shipping he responded that his laptop crapped out and he could not send the money he also said he would send me 50 dollars for my troubles i never receive that either 2 weeks later he say when are you resending the car i said i wont send it in till i received money via PayPal he threaten that if i don't resend it first he would write me a bad review on my i trade i responded "Ok thank you for your time" 3 days later i get a phoney bad review saying (Kids only 12 or 13 making a bunch of bogus deals and then Claiming he is loosing. Return my stuff!!!)
first of all i never received anything of his so what stuff do i need to return.
second of all what 12 year old has a bank account and a PayPal. And finally now no ones going to want to deal with me because they think im 12!!!!
Bottom line is i would recommend avoiding this guy and not trading with him.
I also learned my lesson i will never ship again in till i receive payment.
Thanks John C.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

users that leave negative feedback for no good reason should get time off.

sorry to hear about the bum deal, but good for you for getting the package sent back to you before he tried to steal it.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by turbo4age View Post
users that leave negative feedback for no good reason should get time off.

sorry to hear about the bum deal, but good for you for getting the package sent back to you before he tried to steal it.
Thank you for the reply even that makes me feel a little better knowing you understand how i feel about this situation.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

i can't stand when people leave stupid feedback...like what this idiot did!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Little John, you have any PM's showing your contact with him that you can send me?

I sent Lostdog a PM we'll see what, if anything, he has to say.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little John View Post
Hello my name is John i planned to make a deal with lost dog to sell my mini revo to him he told me that i must ship first and he would later send payment because i had no trade feedback and he had problems in the past he also wanted me to insure the package he happily sent me a list of people e traded with and i sent my car out. Later that day i received a reply from one of he past traders who sent me his phone # to further discus he experience trading with lostdog turns out he had ship his item first also and lost dog claimed he never received it and made this other user file a insurance claim i quickly put together that i was also going to become a victim of the same scam (no wonder he wanted me to insure the package so bad) and intercepted my package before he received it I told him because i didn't receive payment i sent it back and now lost money for shipping he responded that his laptop crapped out and he could not send the money he also said he would send me 50 dollars for my troubles i never receive that either 2 weeks later he say when are you resending the car i said i wont send it in till i received money via PayPal he threaten that if i don't resend it first he would write me a bad review on my i trade i responded "Ok thank you for your time" 3 days later i get a phoney bad review saying (Kids only 12 or 13 making a bunch of bogus deals and then Claiming he is loosing. Return my stuff!!!)
first of all i never received anything of his so what stuff do i need to return.
second of all what 12 year old has a bank account and a PayPal. And finally now no ones going to want to deal with me because they think im 12!!!!
Bottom line is i would recommend avoiding this guy and not trading with him.
I also learned my lesson i will never ship again in till i receive payment.
Thanks John C.
contact Marcos J maybe he can fix your feedback for you.this guy sounds like a realy idiot. sorry you lost your truck and the money.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

read that again Graphite, he didn't lose the truck. He's saying he lost the money for shipping.

And Marcos isn't changing much feedback these days, that's on me. Remember that for feedback to be changed you need to PROVE it's wrong. Making a thread saying only one side of the story isn't proof. This is why contact is best done through PM's or maybe emails.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default PM

I do want to show everyone this PM but i chose not to show the users name or phone # just to avoid problems but it clearly shows i am not the only one who has faced problems with lostdog.

Last edited by Little John; 06-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I hope you get your feedback worked out, if your side is the truth.

If the deal went down the way you are describing it, please remember that you did not TRADE with him. You SOLD him a truck.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever send ANYTHING to someone without payment first. You are begging to get ripped off. Be glad the tuition for this class was just some shipping costs to learn this lesson. There have been a lot of members on here who have lost more.

That was just plain stupid to ship your truck to someone without payment.

Good luck getting your feedback corrected. From now on, payment first, shipment second.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
I hope you get your feedback worked out, if your side is the truth.

If the deal went down the way you are describing it, please remember that you did not TRADE with him. You SOLD him a truck.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever send ANYTHING to someone without payment first. You are begging to get ripped off. Be glad the tuition for this class was just some shipping costs to learn this lesson. There have been a lot of members on here who have lost more.

That was just plain stupid to ship your truck to someone without payment.

Good luck getting your feedback corrected. From now on, payment first, shipment second.
First~ Little John, you're both foolish for trying to conduct this transaction this way, him for asking you to send the item first and you for actually agreeing to do so.

Second~ No transaction actually happened so you shouldn't have received ANY feedback, so I removed it.

Third~ Your feedback should have been reported, you shouldn't have left him retaliatory feedback. Which I also removed, again NO transaction acually happened. Starting this thread about your dealings him is the correct thing to do, giving him negative feedback in retaliation was not.

For the above reasons I was REALLY close to leaving the feedback for both of you.

I didn't ask you to post your PM's, I asked you to send them to ME. I'm done with this situation so I have desire to see them at this point.

Life lesson~ money first, goods second When exactly did this centuries old way of making purchases change
Old 06-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

racer1812, I think you need to put the "Super Moderator" title in bold print and highlighted. For some reason the problem children have trouble seeing this important title when you post or send them PMs.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Guys I bet he lost his dog and thats why he was having such a hard time..... HAHA I had to sorry haha
Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
First~ Little John, you're both foolish for trying to conduct this transaction this way, him for asking you to send the item first and you for actually agreeing to do so.

Second~ No transaction actually happened so you shouldn't have received ANY feedback, so I removed it.

Third~ Your feedback should have been reported, you shouldn't have left him retaliatory feedback. Which I also removed, again NO transaction acually happened. Starting this thread about your dealings him is the correct thing to do, giving him negative feedback in retaliation was not.

For the above reasons I was REALLY close to leaving the feedback for both of you.

I didn't ask you to post your PM's, I asked you to send them to ME. I'm done with this situation so I have desire to see them at this point.

Life lesson~ money first, goods second When exactly did this centuries old way of making purchases change
Thank you for handling the situation but one thing i want you to understand is that the feedback i made for him was posted 3weeks or so prior to him posting false feedback for me there for making it hard for me to understand why you deleted the true feedback anyway I had no intention to retaliate to the feedback he posted for me that's why it was brought up here. I do agree i was foolish and made a mistake and it was a learning experience for me and hopefully anyone else who sees this.

Thanks again,
John C.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

^^^^my bad, BUT then I should be yelling at YOU. You decided not to complete the transaction and left him negative feedback. All based on a PM from another member and your assumption that he was trying to scam you. Which may have been likely but it's not grounds for leaving feedback.

AGAIN, to everyone. Feedback should be left when a deal is done, good or bad but AFTER the transaction actually takes place and it's done.

If you want to inform people about issues trying to do business with another member start a thread, that's what this section is for.

I get WAY too many PM's saying "we worked it out, can we get our feedback changed?" My reply is no.

sorry if I sound harsh but these situations could be avoided and take up too much of my time.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
^^^^my bad, BUT then I should be yelling at YOU. You decided not to complete the transaction and left him negative feedback. All based on a PM from another member and your assumption that he was trying to scam you. Which may have been likely but it's not grounds for leaving feedback.

AGAIN, to everyone. Feedback should be left when a deal is done, good or bad but AFTER the transaction actually takes place and it's done.

If you want to inform people about issues trying to do business with another member start a thread, that's what this section is for.

I get WAY too many PM's saying "we worked it out, can we get our feedback changed?" My reply is no.

sorry if I sound harsh but these situations could be avoided and take up too much of my time.
I was just about to say the same thing. Don't give feedback until the situation is over, turning out either good or bad. It saves you and the mods a big hassle.