R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Feedback in Timely manner???? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/633452-feedback-timely-manner.html)

Tran901 05-31-2012 12:35 PM

Feedback in Timely manner????

this is a feedback question that i have....How long should it take for feedback to be left?

i had a customer i sold a motor. Wont give names since nothing has been started. the motor arrived ~2weeks ago. i got a pm on saturday saying that it was running hot and heats up quick. they told me what gearing they were running, and def the gearing was too low. i told them what gearing should be run. that was on saturday. i haven't heard anything back from them.

i get a lot of these responses once the item has reached the customer "feedback will be left once i have a chance to test out" sometimes its a couple days. sometimes its 1-2 weeks before they get a chance to try it out.

i understand not everyone can test out the product as soon as it arrives...i can't even do that. but it worries me when someone has the item for 2 weeks and then they ask questions about it. Esp in the area of items that we sell.

i don't want to stiff anyone of their money, but i can't refund if someone has an item for 2 weeks and then they say this is the first time they have used it and now having problems.

btw..this isn't towards anyone in particular....just the last question i had about an item i sold....Just happens to be you :)

rcduder 05-31-2012 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tran901 (Post 10802593)
this is a feedback question that i have....How long should it take for feedback to be left?

i had a customer i sold a motor. Wont give names since nothing has been started. the motor arrived ~2weeks ago. i got a pm on saturday saying that it was running hot and heats up quick. they told me what gearing they were running, and def the gearing was too low. i told them what gearing should be run. that was on saturday. i haven't heard anything back from them.

i get a lot of these responses once the item has reached the customer "feedback will be left once i have a chance to test out" sometimes its a couple days. sometimes its 1-2 weeks before they get a chance to try it out.

i understand not everyone can test out the product as soon as it arrives...i can't even do that. but it worries me when someone has the item for 2 weeks and then they ask questions about it. Esp in the area of items that we sell.

i don't want to stiff anyone of their money, but i can't refund if someone has an item for 2 weeks and then they say this is the first time they have used it and now having problems.

btw..this isn't towards anyone in particular....just the last question i had about an item i sold....Just happens to be you :)

i mean im not trying to be rude but its pretty much there problem now because like u said they cant return it for a refund they have had it too long, and they should have had it as a higher priority to try and fix the problem quicker to see if it was the gearing or the motor so they could have returned it and if they havent responded in 2 weeks its really not your problem anymore :nod:

Tran901 05-31-2012 01:03 PM

i agree with you...

question is....how long should the customer have before feedback is good?

rcduder 05-31-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tran901 (Post 10802696)
i agree with you...

question is....how long should the customer have before feedback is good?

i honestly couldnt tell you :lol: different people take different amounts of time :nod: if thats what u meant by your question?

Tran901 05-31-2012 01:50 PM

i know what you are saying....

what if they get the product then 2 weeks later they say something about the item....and haven't left feedback

thats why i think we should have a feedback system that can fix this

rcduder 05-31-2012 01:59 PM

unless you know exactly what they did with the motor while they had it to make it have problems or anything like that (if that's really why its heating up quick) then you wont be able to know if they ruined it and are trying to get a new one free or if they just didn't know what they were doing with gearing and that's the only problem. and yah that's a little late to complain about the product it should be like a week max unless it hasn't been used until the day they had complained :nod:

and yes i agree there should be some sort of feedback system

hopefully this answered your questions correctly :D

hotrod87 05-31-2012 06:58 PM

I try my best to leave feedback within 24 hours . I understand about the waiting and waiting too find out if someone is happy. It can get frustrating as I do a fair amount of trading sometimes you trade for something to trade for something else and you dont want to use or get rid of something until you know both parties are happy . Same goes with a sale. I think 24-48 hours should be enough time for someone to know if what they received is good or bad or happy or sad.
My .02

sdtech58 05-31-2012 07:37 PM

I agree with hotrod. I only have a +1 trader rating, but have done at least 3 or 4 other good deals on here. ANY feedback would be great, and quicker would be better!! Not sure if my low rating affects others wanting to deal with me or not??

Tran901 05-31-2012 08:48 PM

Low feedback does have an effect. But we were all where u are at one point. It can only go up!

By the way I would have more feedback if people would leave them!!

nexxus 05-31-2012 08:54 PM

Feedback is optional, neither the buyer nor seller are obliged to leave it. If I buy an item, I keep the last PM in my inbox so I know when it arrives to delete that PM and leave feedback. As a seller I will leave feedback when the buyer has communicated that they have the item and are happy with it.

I do have a healthy dislike for people chasing feedback and hounding people via PM over it, I find if you have people wanting to leave you feedback rather than feeling obliged to, it works better.

hotrod87 05-31-2012 08:56 PM

I'm pretty sure I left both of youfeedback. Lol

racer1812 06-01-2012 05:58 AM

The 2 weeks isn't the part I would have an issue with in this case. It's more on the fact that the buyer had the wrong gearing and may have damaged the motor. That's not a sellers fault, weather it was done the day it was received or 2 weeks later.

Most of you have read my opinion on when feedback should be left and why....

I'm still waiting for feedback from 3 buyers, I'll never get it at this point but they won't get any from me either. I tell my buyers they will receive feedback when I know they are happy with the item. I sent one buyer a PM and he didn't even remember buying anything from me:weird: I told him what it was, he then remembered......and still didn't leave me any feedback:rolleyes: it is what it is.

racer1812 06-01-2012 06:00 AM

oh, and the feedback system isn't going to change. It works if people take the short amount of time it takes to use it.......people are lazy, can't fix that.

Tran901 06-01-2012 06:19 AM

everyone that has posted on here is correct....i know a handful of items that i have shipped and haven't gotten feedback for...i don't want to hound them and ask them to remember to leave it.

as for Nexxus...i agree with you. there are people on here that i buy from that hound me to leave feedback...even if i don;t have the item yet!!! i will leave the right feedback when the item arrives..don't worry about that!

badaml 06-01-2012 09:05 PM

I always leave tabs in my browser open, with the tracking to items I have shipped. If I don't hear from the person within a day or two of them receiving it, I usually just send a pm or email asking if everything arrived to their satisfaction.

I then ask them to leave feedback when they have a minute, and I will do the same. 95 percent of the time I will hear back and they leave feedback within a day.

The other 5 percent? I never hear anything, but I guess that is ok. They have the item, and if I hear nothing after attempting contact, I figure they are happy with it.

We all would have higher numbers if everyone left feedback.:nod: