I need some input

Old 05-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default I need some input

Hey guys i just received a truck that i bought, and it was not as advertised. the sell claimed it to be new, but it wasnt. it showed up to my house looking like a cleaned rig. meaning you can see were mud was at and it was cleaned off plus some scratches. dont get me wrong it looked nice for a used truck but i was under the impression it was new. the fact that the seller lied is what irritates me. do you think im wrong for asking for a partial refund? also i told him if he does not want to partial refund me ill just send it back and he can fully refund me. if he does not respond should i file a claim? thanks for any input.

p.s this is the second time he lied to me. he said he was going to ship priority, but he ended up shipping parcel post.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Your best bet is to try and work out a compromise - IMO a partial refund - if you are otherwise happy with the purchase. I would also be unhappy if I bought something that was supposed to be new and it was not, you base your purchase decision on that fact and have less risk than if you purchase something used. But the paypal dispute process is a pain and takes a while so if you can work out a partial refund that is what I would do.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does the truck work, even though it is used? If so, and you are satisfied with it other than it being used, I would go the partial refund route. It will be less troublesome for you.

If you decide to ship it back to him, I would not do that until AFTER you open the dispute with paypal and get that process going.

Ship it back with insurance, tracking, and all the other CYA stuff. Require an adult signature for delivery if you are concerned about it.

Just for future reference, you should always assume every truck you buy on here is used.

Show me someone who sells stuff on RCTech, and I'll show you a guy who won't be able to resist the temptation to drive a brand new RC truck the minute UPS drops it off at his door.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So he writes back stating that the truck is brand new and i should go ahead and leave him negative feedback and he's going to do the same for me. So i took some pics and sent them to him and he replies back "I dont see anything. so enjoy the truck" Now here are the pics. keep in mind he said it was BRAND NEW

Old 05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chillymostly View Post
So he writes back stating that the truck is brand new and i should go ahead and leave him negative feedback and he's going to do the same for me. So i took some pics and sent them to him and he replies back "I dont see anything. so enjoy the truck" Now here are the pics. keep in mind he said it was BRAND NEW
What do you mean man? those scratches and dirt are from the factory to add "realizism!!"

Definitely used, maybe not much, but thats not the point. If its used once/twice list it like that, or like new, tried it twice, barely used, etc.

His responses show he knew it was, and doesnt care. If you dont post his name here, pm it to me please so i make sure not to deal with him.

As far as what to do, if you paid a close to new price i would return it, if you paid a used price it might not be worth the hassle, just my opinion. Either way hes a liar, and should get neutral at BEST. Mods should also take notice and remove retaliatory feedback because he seems like the type that would leave it.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
What do you mean man? those scratches and dirt are from the factory to add "realizism!!"

Definitely used, maybe not much, but thats not the point. If its used once/twice list it like that, or like new, tried it twice, barely used, etc.

His responses show he knew it was, and doesnt care. If you dont post his name here, pm it to me please so i make sure not to deal with him.

As far as what to do, if you paid a close to new price i would return it, if you paid a used price it might not be worth the hassle, just my opinion. Either way hes a liar, and should get neutral at BEST. Mods should also take notice and remove retaliatory feedback because he seems like the type that would leave it.
100% agree but I'd go one step further. Don't do it with him without paypal because he's shown himself to be a liar. File a claim and follow the steps paypal instructs. You don't want to be in a position of sending the truck back and getting another lie about its delivery.

Takes pictures of the packaging with the truck visible and send it signature confirmation.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I want to see the original thread that claims "new" and the PM saying you'll get negative feedback.

New is just that, had he said "ran once to test, is like new" there would be no issue. IMO

A neutral feedback saying item was like new but not 100% new would fit, IMO

new means never ran or shows NO signs of being run.

obviously he ran it, he should have said "like new"
Old 05-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The truck is in great shape. I wouldn't send it back unless you really don't want it.

The guy may try to screw you out of your refund if you send it back.

PayPal dispute for partial refund.