R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   FedEx claim (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/631239-fedex-claim.html)

Devigili22 05-24-2012 05:20 AM

FedEx claim

Not sure if this is the right section, but I normally see alot of knowledgeable people in this area posting here so here it goes...

So a month ago (4/24/12) I sent out two trucks, a Slash and an SC10. The Slash was going to a guy in Kansas and the SC10 was going to a guy in Tennessee. I had tracking numbers on both. Well 2 days after I sent them out I checked the tracking on both. The SC10 to Tenn was going well, and I could see where it was going and where it had been. The Slash however never got passed the initial scan. This was a big box, 13lbs and pretty large dimensions wise. So I went to the mail office and they sent out a guy to the FedEx location to look for it, no luck. I filed my claim with FedEx 2 Mondays ago (5/08/12). I attached the orignal receipt, and links to amain to justify the value of the items in the box. Well finally today (it was supposed to be 5-7 business days) I recieve a letter in the mail saying...

We received your claim request. However, after reviewing your documentation and our records for the shipment referenced above, we cannot honor your claim.

Our records indicate that this shipment was not tendered by FedEx. If you have documentation showing FedEX handled this shipment, please forward it to us, and we will reconsider your claim.

So this isn't enough to show they tendered it...?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7073/7...8c815d90_z.jpg

AND the tracking number still references the lost package...on FedEx's site! Do I just resend the picture I already sent them? I;m going to give them a call later but I would like some feedback on this.

Thanks.

Graphite07 05-24-2012 10:11 AM

I think some one at the shipping service that uses FedEx stole
Your package. I Never go to a contracted shipping service for FedEx or ups or USPS.read to many horror story's like this one!!

LaTuFu 05-24-2012 10:27 AM

What they are saying is that although it was issued a FedEx tracking number and it was entered onto their system, it was never received at a FedEx facility.

If you can't prove that the package was delivered to the FedEx office for shipping, then you are probably out of luck on the FedEx side.

However, you should now be able to go back to the store that took in the item. If THEY can't prove they delivered it, now the problem is in their lap. You can absolutely hold them liable for the loss of the package if they cannot prove that they delivered it.

catogtp 05-24-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by LaTuFu (Post 10773543)
However, you should now be able to go back to the store that took in the item. If THEY can't prove they delivered it, now the problem is in their lap. You can absolutely hold them liable for the loss of the package if they cannot prove that they delivered it.

x1000

Make the location that tendered it take care of it for you. They should have receipts from when the driver picked it up. He has to scan every one. If they don't have that then it never made it into fedex hands.

Devigili22 05-24-2012 02:50 PM

Well I sent it out through my college, which is over 5 hours away, and they are closed for the summer.

LaTuFu 05-25-2012 08:52 AM

I would call the place you shipped it from. They usually have a skeleton crew working at most colleges in the summer.

The loss is coming out of your pocket unless you decide to pursue it further.

Colors_By_Dave 05-25-2012 09:04 AM

Man that bites!

And while we are on the subject of bad shipping experiences, let me say this....

Make sure you tape every edge of every flap on the boxes. If you only tape along the major flap centerline, the box can be popped and reached into very easily. Taping the short edges of all four corners can secure the flaps so that the tapes must be cut to reach into the box, making it obvious if someone messes with it.

We had issues at work with (a certain carrier)'s employees opening boxes and taking items, and then retaping them before delivery. We had to ship the same item repeatedly, until (the carrier) stopped delivery to the route, stating "we don't deliver empty boxes". They knew they had thieves working for them, and wouldn't do a thing about it. They couldn't prove it, I guess.

Ship insured!!!!!

Tran901 05-25-2012 09:06 AM

If it makes you feel any better I got letters in the mail from fed ex telling me to return the slash to them and if I would have kept it would have been like
Stealing. So I called them to tell themi sent the package to the original buyer

Devigili22 05-29-2012 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tran901 (Post 10777722)
If it makes you feel any better I got letters in the mail from fed ex telling me to return the slash to them and if I would have kept it would have been like
Stealing. So I called them to tell themi sent the package to the original buyer

I'm just going to go after my school for both shipping charges. I just hate the feeling like I'm being handled by some company and when having a horrible experience with them, they basically tell me to brush it off.