do not deal with VWFREAK

Old 05-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default do not deal with VWFREAK

I tried to buy a radio from him and all I got was a run-around.Luckily I sent the money via paypal and they are going after him.I should have known better to deal with a zero trader rating.He refused to give me a delivery confirmation number also.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Man this stuff chops my a**, it's always the zero rating members who do this crap. Which in return makesit harder for new members with zero rating to make deals like myself. I mean if nobody trust a zero rating member then how do they bump up there rating? We all start with zero post and zero trader rating and have to build our self up from scratch but it makes it hard when you got idiots that create acct just to scam. I know i went off topic, just had to vent for a sec on the growing problem of sorry people trying to scam others of their money. I just wounder if the effort put into a scam is actualy worth it? People need to grow up. Ha wishful thinking.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

It's not always the 0 ratings that are the culprits, but they do a pretty fair amount of it.

It is that way on just about any trading site, including ebay. Most people out to scam come in quickly and try to make the hit as fast as they can. They aren't there to become part of the community.

If you are a new member trying to build your rating, the quickest and easiest way to do that is to start out buying things first.

If you join up on Monday and start listing stuff for sale on Tuesday, don't be surprised when most people pass your listing by. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it will probably take you a little longer than you're expecting.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
If you are a new member trying to build your rating, the quickest and easiest way to do that is to start out buying things first.
+1

to the OP, how long ago did you buy the item? Just curious, as it seems like more and more people are jumping to the conclusion that things are a scam if they don't get a confirmation number within the first couple days. Not saying that's your case, but it's happening. Possibly for good reason though too. I think I found a scammer the other day
Old 05-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Not saying anyone is in the right or wrong but...You filed a claim 4 days after paying him? You know you have 45 days right?

Just seems like jumping the gun. Maybe the guy is on vacation or in the hospital?? I always try to give benefit of doubt and give a week to 10 days before filing. But 4? IL.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Not saying anyone is in the right or wrong but...You filed a claim 4 days after paying him? You know you have 45 days right?

Just seems like jumping the gun. Maybe the guy is on vacation or in the hospital?? I always try to give benefit of doubt and give a week to 10 days before filing. But 4? IL.
yah 4 days is a little quick to be worrying this bad already
Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yes it is a jump of the gun BUT, he has tried to contact the seller for days with no response. When I buy something i give them a day to respond with tracking info and go from there which is what the buyer has done. I do not blame him for opening the claim after there has been no response from the buyer. The guy came on here to bump his thread but cant respond to buyer. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...g-must-go.html
Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rock333 View Post
Yes it is a jump of the gun BUT, he has tried to contact the seller for days with no response. When I buy something i give them a day to respond with tracking info and go from there which is what the buyer has done. I do not blame him for opening the claim after there has been no response from the buyer. The guy came on here to bump his thread but cant respond to buyer. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...g-must-go.html
thats true also if you search his username name in advanced search under threads started by user hes only started threads in the for-sale section
Old 05-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i think anybody with a 0 rating should not be able to sell period. i think you should have to buy from or trade with other members first, just to prove your not here to make a quick buck. when i first got on here i didn't even think about selling. i just bought some things and slowly built up an honest reputation. If you're in a hurry to sell, go to fleabay
Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Just want to clear the air as i think my first post has been slightly twisted. Myself not looking to sell, i don't have anything to sell as i'm just starting this hobby. On this forum is where i bought my sc10. I'm not worried bout having a zero rating as i do most to all buying ect. At local shop, supporting local bizz is kinda my thought on the subject. But if money's tight and there's a better deal here then yes it's a no brainer i'm buying here. But again the seller has to leave fb and in which case the seller of my item did not. Once again sorry to go off topic but i slightly got the feeling everyone thought i supported zero rated traders, by no means was that my intentions. Just making a statement on how us zero rating members are easily miss judged.

Back on topic.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rock333 View Post
That info definitely makes the guy seem more sketchy.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 260 (100%+)

I know a site where you can post anything to sell unless you have been a member for 6 months with I think a minimum of 100 posts.

Maybe this the way rctech needs to go.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

The mods passed that up the food chain to the powers that be several weeks/months ago. They're just waiting for that to be approved. IIRC
Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

We have asked, and Matt told me he would ask again. I have my own thoughts on why they may be reluctant to implement such a rule but I'm not posting them.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I know a site where you can post anything to sell unless you have been a member for 6 months with I think a minimum of 100 posts.

Maybe this the way rctech needs to go.
Is that Urc?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.