Question for everyone on situation.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Question for everyone on situation.

Hey guys and girls,
On this past Sunday may 13th I bought a transponder for 60 bucks. The seller who's name ill leave off for now stated on Tuesday when I pmed him that he shipped it out Monday the 14th. I get the tracking number and it says the electronic info was received on Tuesday the 15th, but was never accepted till 4pm on Wednesday 16th.

I also noticed its going first class. Last time I checked first class and priority is a matter of cents. Anyways on there it states i'm suppose to have it today. Mail has already ran and nothing. Its showing it left a usps facility with no time and has just vanished since the 17th. I just sent him a pm so we will see if he responds but i'm about ready to start a dispute because he has already lied about shipping it.

What do you all think? I'm not critiquing, or critizing him but it has never taken this The septet has been here a while (500 posts, 8 100% trader rating) so ya.

Thanks guys.
Tony

Last edited by tdt1805; 05-19-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-19-2012, 04:02 PM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdt1805 View Post
Hey guys and girls,
On this past Sunday may 13th I bought a transponder for 60 bucks. The seller who's name ill leave off for now stated on Tuesday when I pmed him that he shipped it out Monday the 14th. I get the tracking number and it says the electronic info was received on Tuesday the 15th, but was never accepted till 4pm on Wednesday 16th.

I also noticed its going first class. Last time I checked first class and priority is a matter of cents. Anyways on there it states i'm suppose to have it today. Mail has already ran and nothing. Its showing it left a usps facility with no time and has just vanished since the 17th. I just sent him a pm so we will see if he responds but i'm about ready to start a dispute because he has already lied about shipping it.

What do you all think? I'm not critiquing, or critizing him but it has never taken this The septet has been here a while (500 posts, 8 100% trader rating) so ya.

Thanks guys.
Tony
I understand your frustration due to being lied about actual shipping date...... However the USPS has the worst tracking system especially if its not shipped via priority mail. I say give it a few more days and it will probably be there Monday, filing a dispute/claim is going to be difficult because the seller did provide tracking information...
Old 05-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys and girls,

Thanks guys.
Tony
i doubt he lied. my packages always take 2 days before usps scans it in. thats because i always get my packages picked up (due to my location). so lets say you pay me on wednesday,i print the label out and give you tacking on wed, schedule a pick up for thursday, and it wont say it was picked up until friday or saturday when they finally scan it in the system. and why would you file a claim if your package is en route? take a breath man, you aint in danger yet.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

I'm not saying I am just its weird that it had just dropped off the map since the 17th and I hate being lied to. Everyday I get lied to by people and you got to sift they the bs. There is reasons why people lie. Like I said I was going to give him till Monday but ya. Thanks guys.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

No reason to worry IMO.

This is in general and not directed specifically at the OP, but it seems like a lot of people are getting jumpy lately when there item isn't on their door step on the exact day a seller or tracking says it will be. Maybe people are reading the FEW issues that end up getting posted in this section and get jumpy??
Old 05-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys you are lucky consider us poor Europeans wait and wait and sometimes wait longer even with tracking

Sure your package will arrive soonest
Old 05-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Jumpy cause of the past couple incidents. Normally i'm not but ya just little scared ya know.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Jumpy cause of the past couple incidents. Normally i'm not but ya just little scared ya know.
That's my point, and it's just an observation, there's not really that many people having issues when you consider the number of transactions that take place everyday. I know what you're saying though.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

My last 2 transactions on here have been a little scarry with the delivery confirmation from USPS. First one was from a member who I have dealt with before and it showed it was sent priority and expected delivery date was May 5. Item didn't show up until May 8 and I was home when it came so I went to see if the confirmation showed it was delivered and it said it was dropped at 10:10 AM, moments after it was delivered.

Second was a item that the shipping tag was printed on May 14. There was no confirmation info available until late yesturday and it showed that the delivery time was today and it was delivered today.

It shows that there delivery confirmation system is LOUSY. Try to be patient and be reasonable before contacting sellers about items not being there.

Just my 2+cents worth, take what you like and leave the rest.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You were not lied to at all.

The information you provided lines up very reasonably with the USPS shipping process.

Keep in mind that delivery dates provided by USPS are only estimates, they are not guarantees.

Take a deep breath, relax. At this point it looks like you are involved in a very normal, positive transaction.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Just the nerves ya know? I never had an issue with usps or even a weird mishap. The one thing didn't get delivered on time but you could see where the seller got my zip code wrong so Idk. Thanks guys. Raver just dealt this if you want. Thanks everyone
Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bought a truck off a guy on another forum. Was shipped parcel post the tracking showed electronic info Recived until it was at my door. So yea usps tracking is hit or miss.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

USPS package shipping sucks when you use anything other than priority mail with delivery confirmation. Priority is better but still far from perfect.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

There's been a lot of Postal distribution centers and Post Offices being closed here in WI and I'm sure it's happening all over the states so everything is gonna be a little slower I'm guessing. Patience!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Location: second star to the right...straight on til morning!
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default don't worry

bought a truck from the CA. trackin was provided but never updated. said that it was never picked up from the seller.......funny thing was I had it in my hands. like you I was worried because the tracking was never updated. I didn't know anything. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it sitting on my door step. I checked the tracking info just for kicks and low and behold, the tracking said it was never picked up at the seller house.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.