R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   sedative vs. chaparral2300 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/629088-sedative-vs-chaparral2300.html)

racer1812 05-16-2012 07:18 AM

sedative vs. chaparral2300

We all know the drama between the two of them. I honestly was happy to leave them both alone and have them go their separate ways. Unfortunately this is not the case.

chaparral2300 instead decided to become a liar and a thief. As a result he's not a member here anymore.

Through his own admissions he received exactly what he paid for and NOT a rock as he claimed. He also felt that telling PayPal the truth wouldn't get him the result he wanted so he lied to them as well.

any BS post and I'll close this thread like the rest.

samlax77 05-16-2012 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 10740054)
We all know the drama between the two of them. I honestly was happy to leave them both alone and have them go their separate ways. Unfortunately this is not the case.

chaparral2300 instead decided to become a liar and a thief. As a result he's not a member here anymore.

Through his own admissions he received exactly what he paid for and NOT a rock as he claimed. He also felt that telling PayPal the truth wouldn't get him the result he wanted so he lied to them as well.

Thanks for clearing this one up too...there were like five Or six threads all on the exact same thing.

catogtp 05-16-2012 07:47 AM

Luckily some of us were able to see through his(chaparral2300) lies. He sent me a pretty nasty pm as well after I replied in the thread saying I had no idea what I was talking about.

Kylar 05-16-2012 07:54 AM

Kinda figured that was the case. Either way both on are the IL.

Thanks for the update.

LaTuFu 05-16-2012 08:58 AM

Its a shame it happened this way. Nobody deserves to be treated like that in a deal, but its not like sedative didn't get dozens and dozens of people advising him not to ship the stuff to chaparral.

I felt like we were watching a car crash in slow motion, and couldn't do anything to stop it.

One of the strangest transactions I've ever witnessed in the feedback forums, that's for sure.

harry697 05-16-2012 09:16 AM

racer1812, I applaud your efforts in "taking out the trash" so to speak. It's good to see someone who is actively trying to keep the low-life scammers off of this site, not that I blame any mods who don't want to get involved. It's clear that it's not the moderators' responsibility to hold anybody's hand in their online trading, but it's really nice to see when one does take the time to deal with the bad seeds.

Thanks and keep up the great work!:nod:

racer1812 05-16-2012 10:11 AM

Like I said, I would have left well enough alone but his actions after the fact resulted in my actions.

This is off topic but I know people will see it if I post here....:rolleyes:..people love drama:lol:

Buyers, DON'T pay as a gift, we all know it's against the rules but I still find situations where buyers are asking for gift payments in PM's. And buyers are paying with it!! I'm currently looking at a situation where a seller with a very respectable trader rating may very well have scammed a buyer.

I'll still do what I can, which isn't much in these situations, but I've got NO sympathy for buyers who pay as a gift.

Hmmm..maybe 6 months off if I receive info showing a seller asks for gift payments in a PM

Andy Koback 05-16-2012 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 10740826)

Hmmm..maybe 6 months off if I receive info showing a seller asks for gift payments in a PM

That's a start!!! :nod:

hotrod87 05-16-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by harry697 (Post 10740568)
racer1812, I applaud your efforts in "taking out the trash" so to speak. It's good to see someone who is actively trying to keep the low-life scammers off of this site, not that I blame any mods who don't want to get involved. It's clear that it's not the moderators' responsibility to hold anybody's hand in their online trading, but it's really nice to see when one does take the time to deal with the bad seeds.

Thanks and keep up the great work!:nod:

Yes Sir . Thank you for taking the bull by the horns and handeling this .
Rod

qualitycontrol 05-16-2012 06:39 PM

the saga

So how do you figure out who is right and who is wrong, im catching the tail end of this and probably don't want anything to do with it, but playing catch up scrolling around the forum this thread caught my attention as it did others I see. Thing is from our stand point our vantage point of the situation how do we assess who is telling the truth.

I see both sides of the situation, and I could see where the op (chaparral) would be angry by not receiving a refund, I also see sedatives vantage point, but neither of them see real creadatable if I were given an opinion. I am trying to find out how to avoid situation's like this. It seemed simple in the beginning, that is if I read all the theads, were did it go wrong, how do we know as member's who's telling the truth. Anyone have an opinion.

Graphite07 05-16-2012 07:04 PM

i am glad you posted this!! i can't believe he told PayPal and mermbers here he got a ROCK. i hate ppl like this. i am glad he got banned.

qualitycontrol 05-16-2012 09:27 PM

how long have they been members on here, do either of them have any previous history, on the other sites i belong to, which i was recomended to this one, the trouble we have is how to tell which side is truthful and which side is not. I had an ebay experience where I sold an item to a buyer and he requested a refund and I told him I would refund the item once the item was returned. He returned the item but everything I sent didnt get returned and it basically was his word against mine, except he was a brand new member that had just opened an ebay account and I have been a memeber on ebay for some time and I explained when I opened a claim for an item that was not returned in same condition as it was sold. Im pretty new to the site, my opinion is little to nothing, but if both people are newbies I would lean toward the one who's been around longer. dont you guys agree. What would a member who's been around for a while have to gain verse's someone who just shows up out of the blue. I don't know I'd have to have seen and read all the posting's to make a educated opinion and even then its just that an opinion. On other site's when something like this happens both members get the boot, the one for not heeding good advice of returning an item, and the other for plastering the situation across everyforum that was available. Especially with a situation where you have nothing but someone's word to go on. I must be fortunate, I've had very little problems with my on line sales. I try an accomodate my seller, for I want him to tell his buddy or return to purchase something else I have to sell.

rcduder 05-16-2012 09:42 PM

i take my hat off to you sir :nod: good job in dealing with this, i hate people like this that lie it just basically makes me not want to do any transactions at all (as my trader rating will tell you :lol:)

turbo4age 05-16-2012 10:50 PM

i knew it...

randyw 05-17-2012 02:12 AM

My question is there any chance he can recreate a new acct? New screen name and start fresh as if he never was here before.