R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   I purchased a truck and it's missing parts?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/628386-i-purchased-truck-its-missing-parts.html)

Trailer of Stuf 05-14-2012 07:31 AM

I purchased a truck and it's missing parts??

Well I purchased a truck from somebody on here and it is missing all the extra aluminum parts that he said were included. I have given him a week to return my last email, he said he is in the middle of moving and will check to see if he can find them but now won't respond at all. I paid through paypal as well. I guess my questions is should I open a case and ask for a partial refund since it was missing around $80 in extra aluminum parts?

sedative 05-14-2012 07:35 AM

Open a dispute.

Sounds to me like he's trying to stall so you run out of time to open one. Open it right now.

samlax77 05-14-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sedative (Post 10730820)
Open a dispute.

Sounds to me like he's trying to stall so you run out of time to open one. Open it right now.

Says the guy with a -1 feedback?:lol:

What you should do is message him and give him the heads up that you will file a claim if they are not shipped by XX/XX/XXXX. That usually works fairly well. I think that paypal gives you 30-45 days to file a claim. If he doesn't respond to you within a reasonable amount of time, then just open the case. How all works out well for the both of you.

racer1812 05-14-2012 10:52 AM

Lets all leave sedative alone, we all now the drama with that whole situation. I'll be giving everyone a full update on that in the next few days once I've got all the pertinent information.

Wanabrc 05-14-2012 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by sedative (Post 10730820)
Open a dispute.

+1:nod: Open a dispute ASAP.:nod:

LaTuFu 05-14-2012 11:03 AM

I would open the dispute now. You already emailed him once and he acknowledged the missing parts. He gave you a (by now classic) reason why he couldn't address it. Is it just me, or is there a correlation between slow shipping and moving dates in the trader feedback forum? :D

Open it now, you'll be amazed at how quick he is able to get himself unpacked in his new digs.

LaTuFu 05-14-2012 11:03 AM

I would open the dispute now. You already emailed him once and he acknowledged the missing parts. He gave you a (by now classic) reason why he couldn't address it. Is it just me, or is there a correlation between slow shipping and moving dates in the trader feedback forum? :D

Open it now, you'll be amazed at how quick he is able to get himself unpacked in his new digs.

Trailer of Stuf 05-14-2012 11:06 AM

I just sent him another email saying if he doesn't reply in 3 days and have the parts shipped by friday I will open a paypal dispute. That sounds reasonable right??

racer1812 05-14-2012 11:13 AM

Selling items while in the middle of moving, not a good idea but anyway..

He might not get his emails if his PC is packed away, at the same time all my emails come to my phone. That would depend on if he has a current phone that can do that as well though.

IMO, go for the 80 bucks, that way you don't have to go through the hassle of sending it back to him.

All this is assuming he doesn't/can't get you the missing parts. Your response sounds reasonable to me.

harry697 05-14-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trailer of Stuf (Post 10730803)
I guess my questions is should I open a case and ask for a partial refund since it was missing around $80 in extra aluminum parts?

I had a similar situation a few years ago. Filed a claim with paypal and described what had happened and requested a refund for price the parts I needed in order to complete the truck. Had all my invoices also. Unfortunately, paypal told me that they wouldn't do a partial refund. My only options were to return the package and provide tracking number for a full refund or keep the package and take the loss for the parts. Since I already ordered everything, I decided to just cancel the claim and eat the the cost of the parts.

Maybe they've changed their policy since then. Can't hurt to try.

paintchip31 05-14-2012 06:47 PM

I think you are right that is the best way to deal with this.

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 10731671)
Selling items while in the middle of moving, not a good idea but anyway..

He might not get his emails if his PC is packed away, at the same time all my emails come to my phone. That would depend on if he has a current phone that can do that as well though.

IMO, go for the 80 bucks, that way you don't have to go through the hassle of sending it back to him.

All this is assuming he doesn't/can't get you the missing parts. Your response sounds reasonable to me.

Also you can get a partial refund as long as he has all emails and pms saying what he was going to get.

Originally Posted by harry697 (Post 10732288)
I had a similar situation a few years ago. Filed a claim with paypal and described what had happened and requested a refund for price the parts I needed in order to complete the truck. Had all my invoices also. Unfortunately, paypal told me that they wouldn't do a partial refund. My only options were to return the package and provide tracking number for a full refund or keep the package and take the loss for the parts. Since I already ordered everything, I decided to just cancel the claim and eat the the cost of the parts.

Maybe they've changed their policy since then. Can't hurt to try.

Trailer of Stuf 05-14-2012 07:25 PM

Thanks paintchip I have all that and even one him admitting to being unsure about the parts and he said he will look for them. I guess i just have to wait now and see if i get a response. So far today i got nothing. I am almost positive i am going to have to dispute it.

Trailer of Stuf 05-17-2012 05:38 AM

Just opened a case this morning, since I still have not gotten a response. I only asked for $70 to try and be a little fair. But at the bottom after entering the information about why your opening a case it gives you an option to ask for a partial refund. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Trailer of Stuf 05-23-2012 10:31 AM

Well I opened the case and offered to take a $70 refund and he came back at $45 and I thought hell it's better than nothing I guess so I took it so it's over. Thanks for the feedback guys. What do ya'll think should be done for feedback??

Andy Koback 05-23-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trailer of Stuf (Post 10769351)
Well I opened the case and offered to take a $70 refund and he came back at $45 and I thought hell it's better than nothing I guess so I took it so it's over. Thanks for the feedback guys. What do ya'll think should be done for feedback??

Nothing but "Negative" here. Didn't deliver as promised and wouldn't refund amount due for parts. He got off easy!!!

JMO