Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
HONER AND INTEGRITY SOME HAVE IT AND SOME OBVIOUSLY DON'T NO WAY TO TREAT THE HOBBY >

HONER AND INTEGRITY SOME HAVE IT AND SOME OBVIOUSLY DON'T NO WAY TO TREAT THE HOBBY

HONER AND INTEGRITY SOME HAVE IT AND SOME OBVIOUSLY DON'T NO WAY TO TREAT THE HOBBY

Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM
  #1  
Suspended
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 65
Angry HONER AND INTEGRITY SOME HAVE IT AND SOME OBVIOUSLY DON'T NO WAY TO TREAT THE HOBBY

I LOGGED on several days ago, as i do from time to time, and listed an advert for some rs4 parts, as some of you have sold me some in the past and some have met and i purchased face to face, or we've run into one another on ebay, i have honor and integrity.

i went to the for sale and trade forum as i always do, clicked the thread search for rs4 parts and it was like god sent, i found a guy selling what was intended to be rs4 parts, so i thought, i mean he had an original box for rs4 2 and nuberouos rs4 parts scattered about the advert, had listing's for all tthe hpi rs4 parts he had that come with the car he was selling. he states in his advert selling a car he doesnt know much about, well long story short i ended up buying his parts and car with the assumption he was telling me the truth he had stated after scrolling around on his phone at work what he had was an rs4 with upgrades, well i am not familiar with all the upgrades an rs4 has i do know there are quite a few things you can do to switch them around, i paid a good 150.00 for the parts and car, which i then ran a listing to see if other members could help me identify the rs4 i had and i come across his previous listing where he had done the same thing, well turns out he knew he didnt have an rs4 2 as he stated, actually him and another member called it a frankensteind rs4 made by a frenchman, well they joked back in fourth in their thread which can be found i believe in nitro on road where mmy post is looking for a name for the car i have which i believe turns out to be a serpent of what origin i dont know, closets thing i can find that matches what i bought was a serpent, its got a steering servo mounted on top, i even brought that to his attention and he said well previous owner must have been tweeking the steering on the rs4 or something because top plate has been replaced with graphite, as is the shock towers front and rear. he also stated in the little funny conversation he had he knew the car didnt run. his screen name is sedative, he is definetly one i would suggest anyone on the site stay away from unless you can go and meet him in person and see with your owwn eyes what it is your buying, i bought into his line of crap and asked for a refund, Refund he says, says Im stupid i should have noticed it wasnt a rs4 2, well you know i guess i should have, but i think the original rs4 box and all the hpi parts made me think what he said was true, a hopped up modded rs4 of some sort. well this after noon he stoops to calling me harrassing me yeah our conversation led to this, threating me, my kids are answering the phone and hes spouting off at the mouth, no mind you this is all over a 150.00 car, which i buy probably at least 2 a week of rs4 super or evo mostly which are different then the two's. says he shipped them and i have to deal with the fact i didnt notice in the picture it was not an rs4. well hes right to an exstend which i then reminded him pay pal holds his money which is mine until the customer, which is me is happy, so at this point i got no ideal what ill recieve and what kind of car it is for certain. and i felt the members on here should be aware of guys like this, i know its a public site, but you would think some hobbiest would have the entegrity to have returned my money once i figured out it was not indeed what i had posted an advert for.,,,,,, so i still remain looking for genuine rs4 parts, i bought a bunch off screen name krackerg and was really please i have multipbles if someone needs some partts,

so BEWARE AND WATCH OUT FOR SEDATIVE, HE SHOULD PROBABLY GO AND TAKE HIS SCREEN NAME OR SOMETHING. LITERALLY. I FIGURE ONCE I RECEIEVE THE PACKKED IF HE ENDS UP SENDING IT, HE WILL BE HEARING FROM PAY PAL. I THOUGHT THIS CRAB WAS LIMITED TO EBAY BUSINESS'S WHO KNEW THESE GUYS WOULD BE INFILTRATING OUR HOBBY FOURUMS.

STEVE
CHAPARRAL2300:fl aming:

Last edited by chaparral2300; 04-30-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: MISSPELLED WORD
chaparral2300 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 06:15 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,844
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

The funny thing is that you edited this to correct a misspelled word.
LloydLoar is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 PM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (48)
 
KostaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
The funny thing is that you edited this to correct a misspelled word.
+1
KostaG is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:29 PM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 80
Default

Welcome to the internet, where you can read everything from fact, fiction, fantasy or a mixture of the three. This post and his claims are a mixture, mostly fiction and fantasy.

Facts:
The listing I posted said RS4 due to the box it came in, and the ample amount of hpi/hop up parts included for an RS4. I also stated I was assuming it was an RS4 unless someone could correct me. I also mentioned in my ad that I was unfamiliar with the car, it didn't match the picture on the box and it would be sold as is. I replied with photo's of the items for sale so whoever decided to buy it could see it before purchasing.

He (self proclaimed expert, legend in his own mind) approached me, telling me he knew everything there was to know about these cars and parts for them, and he informed me the car is an RS4-2, and he was interested in purchasing it immediately.

I did a few google image searches while I was stuck at work, and informed him I was pretty certain it was an RS4 with upgrades and modifications. I didn't guarantee him or tell him I was absolutely certain.

The thread where another member said it was a frankensteined rs4, and I said maybe it was made by a frenchman is the original for sale thread which he read prior to contacting me.

Fiction/Fantasy:
A vast majority, if not completely the remaining claims in this thread. I have not once called this guy, and I certainly would not waste my time harassing or threatening someone over an rc car. I have far more important things to harass and threaten people over.

My Response:
The posting I made for the item in question was made as clear as possible. I stated in the thread that I was unfamiliar with the car, the picture on the box didn't match the car I had for sale, and I was assuming it was upgraded and/or modified to some extent before I received it, and invited someone (anyone), to correct me, but it was being sold as is. As I said earlier (refer to facts above), he contacted me to buy it. We came to an agreement on price, and he made payment, then I proceeded to pack the car and prepare it for shipping.

After I informed him the car was packed and ready to go, and I was awaiting payment to clear before shipping, he asked for more pictures of the car, which I sent as soon as I was able to unpack and send them to him. He then informed me he found some other members selling RS4's as well and he then asked me to refund his money.

When I informed him the car was re-packed and ready to go, there was a lot back and forth conversation which I was completely civil and trying to be professional with him until he started the name calling, which included him threatening to file a police report, opening a dispute with paypal, and negative feedback on here. Those threats are the deciding factor in my decision to not be civil with him anymore.

Bottom line? He will be receiving the items he purchased.

At this point with all of the threats and claims he's making, and the fact that he already made payment, my only move is going to be to follow through with the sale as it was agreed upon.

If he want's to take further action with paypal (which he already has made it clear that's his plan, before he even received the items he purchased). He is welcome to do so, and we will let them resolve this well documented transaction with this delusional dimwit.
sedative is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 PM
  #5  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (115)
 
TeamSkunkwerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,968
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
The funny thing is that you edited this to correct a misspelled word.
I wonder what the word was before he "corrected" it?!? Only 100 more to go!!
TeamSkunkwerks is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 PM
  #6  
Moderator
iTrader: (142)
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sedative View Post
Welcome to the internet, where you can read everything from fact, fiction, fantasy or a mixture of the three. This post and his claims are a mixture, mostly fiction and fantasy.

Facts:
The listing I posted said RS4 due to the box it came in, and the ample amount of hpi/hop up parts included for an RS4. I also stated I was assuming it was an RS4 unless someone could correct me. I also mentioned in my ad that I was unfamiliar with the car, it didn't match the picture on the box and it would be sold as is. I replied with photo's of the items for sale so whoever decided to buy it could see it before purchasing.

He (self proclaimed expert, legend in his own mind) approached me, telling me he knew everything there was to know about these cars and parts for them, and he informed me the car is an RS4-2, and he was interested in purchasing it immediately.

I did a few google image searches while I was stuck at work, and informed him I was pretty certain it was an RS4 with upgrades and modifications. I didn't guarantee him or tell him I was absolutely certain.

The thread where another member said it was a frankensteined rs4, and I said maybe it was made by a frenchman is the original for sale thread which he read prior to contacting me.

Fiction/Fantasy:
A vast majority, if not completely the remaining claims in this thread. I have not once called this guy, and I certainly would not waste my time harassing or threatening someone over an rc car. I have far more important things to harass and threaten people over.

My Response:
The posting I made for the item in question was made as clear as possible. I stated in the thread that I was unfamiliar with the car, the picture on the box didn't match the car I had for sale, and I was assuming it was upgraded and/or modified to some extent before I received it, and invited someone (anyone), to correct me, but it was being sold as is. As I said earlier (refer to facts above), he contacted me to buy it. We came to an agreement on price, and he made payment, then I proceeded to pack the car and prepare it for shipping.

After I informed him the car was packed and ready to go, and I was awaiting payment to clear before shipping, he asked for more pictures of the car, which I sent as soon as I was able to unpack and send them to him. He then informed me he found some other members selling RS4's as well and he then asked me to refund his money.

When I informed him the car was re-packed and ready to go, there was a lot back and forth conversation which I was completely civil and trying to be professional with him until he started the name calling, which included him threatening to file a police report, opening a dispute with paypal, and negative feedback on here. Those threats are the deciding factor in my decision to not be civil with him anymore.

Bottom line? He will be receiving the items he purchased.

At this point with all of the threats and claims he's making, and the fact that he already made payment, my only move is going to be to follow through with the sale as it was agreed upon.

If he want's to take further action with paypal (which he already has made it clear that's his plan, before he even received the items he purchased). He is welcome to do so, and we will let them resolve this well documented transaction with this delusional dimwit.
G'luck with paypal, 90% of the time they will side with the buyer........ Not saying who's right or who's wrong but that's just how papal is........
ilanstylz is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:18 PM
  #7  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,252
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I'll keep this short. Any sale on here is buyer beware. Meaning as a buyer, you need to know exactly what you're looking at in the pictures provided. Regardless of what the seller may say it is. This seller, IMO, was honest enough in more than one post to say he couldn't be 100% sure what it was.

I could post 100 times that I'm selling a Corvette but have pictures of a Chevette. You as the buyer had better be prepared to receive what I post pictures of no matter what I call it. Should a seller be educated on what he's selling sure, but a buyer needs to be even more educated on what he's looking at.

In this case I wish PP would side with the seller, but I highly doubt it.

OP, you are wrong in this case, that's my opinion anyway.

Anybody, other than the OP, see any reason why I shouldn't remove the negative feedback from Sedative?
racer1812 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 PM
  #8  
Moderator
iTrader: (142)
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I'll keep this short. Any sale on here is buyer beware. Meaning as a buyer, you need to know exactly what you're looking at in the pictures provided. Regardless of what the seller may say it is. This seller, IMO, was honest enough in more than one post to say he couldn't be 100% sure what it was.

I could post 100 times that I'm selling a Corvette but have pictures of a Chevette. You as the buyer had better be prepared to receive what I post pictures of no matter what I call it. Should a seller be educated on what he's selling sure, but a buyer needs to be even more educated on what he's looking at.

In this case I wish PP would side with the seller, but I highly doubt it.

OP, you are wrong in this case, that's my opinion anyway.

Anybody, other than the OP, see any reason why I shouldn't remove the negative feedback from Sedative?
Nope I say remove it, I had the same situation happen to me with a buyer last year on here. I posted up for sell a PS3 move bundle package, listed in detail everything it came with as well as pics. Buyer made an offer I sold it, once he received the package he pm'd me asking where the PS3 console was WTF!!!!!!!, to make long story short he made a claim with paypal even though I told him I would refund the money once I received the items back in the same exact condition.........My paypal account was locked for almost a month (any payments received was put on hold), and they ended up deciding in the buyer's favor. Which is why I stated g'luck with the paypal claim, because it sure didn't work out for me......
ilanstylz is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 AM
  #9  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (114)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,428
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

YOU NEED TO POST MY DAM TRACKING NUMBER OR ISSUE A REFUND ONE OR THE OTHER BRO. ITS SIMPLE YOU RACKED ME FOR SOME CHANGE, AND DECIDE YOUR GONNA KEEP IT, WELL IF YOUR KEEPING IT THEN YOU GET THE DAM TRACKING NUMBER UP SO I KNOW WHERE MY ITEM IS THAT YOU SHAMED ME INTO BUYING. SOONER I GET THE ITEM SOONER I CAN FINALIZE MY COMPLAINT AGAINST THE PURCHASE WITH PAY PAL. YOU CALL IT A SCAM, YEAH, THING IS WE PAY THEM TO PROTECT US FROM PEOPLE WHO FALSELY LIST ITEMS, AND REFUSE TO REFUND, EVEN WHEN THEY NO WHEN THERE IN THE WRONG, WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER TO JUST REFUND MY MONEY. YOU REALLY THINK ITS ABOUT MONEY DUDE, SAD, I BUY TWO OR THREE THESE SET UPS A WEEK, THE RS4'S THAT IS NOT SOME GOOFY OFF BRAND WITH A HPI BOX BEHIND IT.
After reading that from the OP on the sellers profile page, I can see where the seller would feel attacked.
Seether is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 AM
  #10  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (252)
 
hotrod87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kalispell Mt
Posts: 11,090
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

Wouldn't it be easier to just refund the money ? Neither buyer/seller recieve feedback. Rather than keep money ship and then wait for paypal to take the money and give it back to buyer who hopefully ships back the car .
hotrod87 is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 AM
  #11  
Tech Adept
 
randyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: karns, tn
Posts: 215
Default

Originally Posted by Seether View Post
After reading that from the OP on the sellers profile page, I can see where the seller would feel attacked.
I like the fact the buyer stated he buys 2-3 of these setups a wk but couldn't identify what he was buying in this case. Fail on the buyers part imo.
randyw is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM
  #12  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
LaTuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Nope, no problem removing the negative.

Wow, OP, just wow. Your honer and entegrity must be sekund to nun.
LaTuFu is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 AM
  #13  
Moderator
iTrader: (142)
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
Nope, no problem removing the negative.

Wow, OP, just wow. Your honer and entegrity must be sekund to nun.
I uhgree, compleeetlyy
ilanstylz is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM
  #14  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (115)
 
TeamSkunkwerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,968
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Thumbs up

1. I agree with you & the feedback should be removed.
2. If the buyer buys these "setups 2 or 3 a week" then he should know the difference between one car & another.
3. The seller stated more than once that he wasn't sure what the car was & provided pictures, so the buyer knew exactly what they were buying.


Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I'll keep this short. Any sale on here is buyer beware. Meaning as a buyer, you need to know exactly what you're looking at in the pictures provided. Regardless of what the seller may say it is. This seller, IMO, was honest enough in more than one post to say he couldn't be 100% sure what it was.

I could post 100 times that I'm selling a Corvette but have pictures of a Chevette. You as the buyer had better be prepared to receive what I post pictures of no matter what I call it. Should a seller be educated on what he's selling sure, but a buyer needs to be even more educated on what he's looking at.

In this case I wish PP would side with the seller, but I highly doubt it.

OP, you are wrong in this case, that's my opinion anyway.

Anybody, other than the OP, see any reason why I shouldn't remove the negative feedback from Sedative?
TeamSkunkwerks is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM
  #15  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (36)
 
marvinbeaverdip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rochester MN
Posts: 491
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Sedative- if you haven't sent it yet, don't. You're only going to lose with Paypal. It sounds like you're in the right, but it'd be better to just refund the guy that can't write or decipher pictures his money.
marvinbeaverdip is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.