Need advice

Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Need advice

I am selling a kyosho lazer up on the for sale section and this one user is interested in my buggy. I am very happy about that but this is my first time selling on this forum, so I have a 0 feedback score. Because of this the buyer said he will only buy it from me if I ship it to him and then once he receives the package he will send the money, since he is unsure if I am a scammer I guess.
The buyer has a 100% feedback score but I'm still not to fond of sending out the buggy without insurance that he will pay when he gets it.
Have people done this to you guys?
Is there a way that I could have my way and so could he?
Should I sell to him?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

i def wouldn't send it to him first...even though he has good feedback. he should just send you the money paypal (not as a gift) and you ship it out the next morning and get a tracking number for him

everyone here has started with a feedback of 0!! so you gotta start somewhere!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tran901 View Post
i def wouldn't send it to him first...even though he has good feedback. he should just send you the money paypal (not as a gift) and you ship it out the next morning and get a tracking number for him

everyone here has started with a feedback of 0!! so you gotta start somewhere!
+1 to that never send anything before payment is received no matter what feedback even though i have zero feedback i here i do sell on rc10talk.com and ebay so i know how that stuff works
Old 04-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Don't ship anything you sell until you get paid. After it's sent, you only can hope for the buyer to keep his word. Good luck with the sale!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The buyer would have to be out of his mind to think that you would do that.

Tell him to call any online retailer and ask them to do the same thing and see what they say..

money first, goods second... that's how it's been done for ohhhh FOREVER.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Maybe...only maybe, if this was a trade deal, with you (OP) having the lower FB, then and only then would I say you should ship first. Given this is an actual sale offer, I agree with all previous posts.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Do not sell to him. Anyone asking you do ship first for an outright sale is either way to critical and will be a nightmare to deal with or is out to scam you.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catogtp View Post
Do not sell to him. Anyone asking you do ship first for an outright sale is either way to critical and will be a nightmare to deal with or is out to scam you.
100% agree here. One way or another, you're going to have issues. Lets say you state every little thing wrong with the vehicle, what's to stop him from saying. Yeah but it's worse than you say...and deduct more money off etc.

Someone asking for the item then payment will be sent sounds way too fishy to me.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

+1 to everything said here. I would stay away from him, He should know that he can get his money back through PayPal if nothing ever comes. So asking that you send it before payment is kind of stupid. Go try that tactic elsewhere and let me know how it works out.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My PM to him would be to go Pound-Sand.........
Old 04-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ridepate View Post
My PM to him would be to go Pound-Sand.........
"pound-sand" but yah dont sell to him
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That dude has some mighty big internet cahones. +1 to whatevery one else here has said... No way it gets shipped until payment is made...

Take clear and detailed photos of everything you send as well as the package and get insurance on the package. This will CYA.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys but I really want to sell the buggy, so do you guys know any things I could propose to him so he would feel better buying in from me?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Exclamation

Sure you want to sell it......not give it away!! Be patient & wait for someone that actually wants to pay for it first!!
If you ship him the item & he decides NOT to pay, you might have a hard time either getting your money or the truck back!!

I'd just tell him to pay first....simple as that!!
Just be patient...someone else will want it.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default ???

hey i am in a similar situaition, bought a blizzard from guy and he has no feedback any where,he joined in 2010 and has 36 posts,that being said, i live in central louisiana and he lives in texas not very far say 150 miles at most any ways he has no paypal and wanted payment via usps money order, so i sent him money order for price he wanted, this was on monday evening,its now thursdays evening and he claims he has yet to recieve in mail,now i made it out to him and i also put my name and info on as well in area for this,i called my po and they said there is no way to see if its been cashedreally makes no sense,so when i mail money order i provided pics of it made out to him, i asked him since he has no trader rating and i do beins i provided this info if he would go ahead and ship so that i know i am not getting scammed and he said he was gonna use the money to ship,,,now i just shipped a crawlern to michgan 3 day priority and it only cost me 18 bucks ,so to me it should cost alot less to ship it to me,this fella doesnt have a clue i know where he lives,,now i havent told him this yet but still what to do,,, i have all records of transaction as well,,,any body got any ideas as what actions other than knocking on his door with local sheriff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.