Hobby King sucks at shipping....

Old 04-15-2012, 12:27 AM
  #1  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 46
Default Hobby King sucks at shipping....

i ordered a pair of 1:10 Scale Wheel Set (4pcs) Orange 5-Spoke RC Car 26mm rims and i ordered them on the 10th and its now the 14th... and i paid for International (Registered) Air Mail 0 - 100g $3.99 then in the email it says it can take 45 days to get my stuff? are you a crack?




http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19081
DriftSesh is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 AM
  #2  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 90
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

You do of course realize that is shipping from China, right? Even if they over-nighted it (for $4?!) it is still going to take at least 3 days to clear customs. Expect it to arrive in about 3 weeks or you could always go get them from your local hobby shop.
IceMAN1911 is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St Albert AB. CA
Posts: 1,304
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by IceMAN1911 View Post
You do of course realize that is shipping from China, right? Even if they over-nighted it (for $4?!) it is still going to take at least 3 days to clear customs. Expect it to arrive in about 3 weeks or you could always go get them from your local hobby shop.

+1
THEBIGBULL is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
silvalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

One thing I ordered went via swiss post, meaning from HK to Zurich and spent a few weeks touring the Swiss countryside before making its way to me in Aus...
silvalis is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:10 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

usd$3.99 spent on a taxi ride wont get you far elsewhere, not to mention airmail from HK to where ever you are!
alana07 is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:24 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,405
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Settle down.... Different country?! One day was a weekend. What days are their Easter holidays? What time did you order? Did it even make there Day 1 cut off? I'd be lucky to something from my LHS 20km away posted in 3 days. You'll get them well before 45 days, but NOT 3!
Sith Lord is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 05:41 AM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (26)
 
catogtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

It's sounds more like you suck at reading. They have shipping times listed everywhere including a page before you place your order. They are in China so $3.99 to ship a set of wheels seems like a great deal to me, even if it takes 30 days. If you want it faster you gotta pay for it. Stop being cheap or go to your local hobby store and have them get a set for you.
catogtp is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:43 AM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
LaTuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by catogtp View Post
It's sounds more like you suck at reading. They have shipping times listed everywhere including a page before you place your order. They are in China so $3.99 to ship a set of wheels seems like a great deal to me, even if it takes 30 days. If you want it faster you gotta pay for it. Stop being cheap or go to your local hobby store and have them get a set for you.
+1
LaTuFu is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 AM
  #9  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

+2

Unless you pay for the UPS 3 day it can take a week just for them to ship your stuff. Once it leaves HK though, it gets to the US in like a day... Where it sits in US customs for nearly a week.
MikeInCtown is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 PM
  #10  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (36)
 
marvinbeaverdip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rochester MN
Posts: 491
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DriftSesh View Post
i ordered a pair of 1:10 Scale Wheel Set (4pcs) Orange 5-Spoke RC Car 26mm rims and i ordered them on the 10th and its now the 14th... and i paid for International (Registered) Air Mail 0 - 100g $3.99 then in the email it says it can take 45 days to get my stuff? are you a crack?




http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19081
Once it gets to the US it's shipped via USPS, so even if they shipped it air mail from china it's going to take several days once it gets registered into the USPS system. I've had great luck with them, same with other chinese sellers on ebay. It takes a bit longer, but you have to READ what they tell you upfront about shipping times.
marvinbeaverdip is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 AM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
opio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 843
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I ordered something from the same guys, lots of us have, it took only about 15-16 days even though it had said 45. I am not saying that it will be that fast, but I believe that 45 days is stated to cover any problems in shipping.
opio is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 AM
  #12  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
youwish16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

i ordered a charger april 6th, it made it to new york on the 8th and has been sitting in customs ever since.
youwish16 is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM
  #13  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 178
Default

yeah, I'm never ordering from hobby king again... I understand it's coming from china, but this is unacceptable. I ordered 2 lipo's on the 3rd. They shipped them on the 6th, and as of the 18th, they are in Zurich. WTF, they are sending them the wrong way around the world, and it shouldn't take 12 days to ship it only that far. Are they transporting my package via pack mule?
Myt3rocks is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 02:08 PM
  #14  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Myt3rocks View Post
yeah, I'm never ordering from hobby king again... I understand it's coming from china, but this is unacceptable. I ordered 2 lipo's on the 3rd. They shipped them on the 6th, and as of the 18th, they are in Zurich. WTF, they are sending them the wrong way around the world, and it shouldn't take 12 days to ship it only that far. Are they transporting my package via pack mule?
Takes a while to get up and over the alps! LMAO

My last order sat in HK for over a week then in one day arrived in NY, where it then sat around for a week+

The US Warehouse just got in an order of batteries. I don't think it's possible to beat 2 65-130c 6000mah hard case batteries for $90 shipped.
MikeInCtown is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
  #15  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (36)
 
marvinbeaverdip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rochester MN
Posts: 491
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeInCtown View Post
Takes a while to get up and over the alps! LMAO

My last order sat in HK for over a week then in one day arrived in NY, where it then sat around for a week+

The US Warehouse just got in an order of batteries. I don't think it's possible to beat 2 65-130c 6000mah hard case batteries for $90 shipped.
+1..
I usually just shop the US warehouse, since the shipping is more reliable. It's worth the extra $1 per item it might cost.
marvinbeaverdip is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.