Be cautious of tremont18

Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)
Arrow Be cautious of tremont18

Be cautious of tremont18,

I purchased what was suppose to be a basically brand new Novak Havoc Pro SC speed control and 4.5 550 motor.

quoted from the thread

"like title says, this is used 3 times and for about 6 packs total, i just got a tekin system from a deal so i have no use for it anymore. its basically brand new. comes with its box and receipt.

selling it for $175 FIRM and no trades."

Unit turned out to be a re manufactured from Novak and not a near new item like indicated in the thread. Turns out the esc has a blown FET or two so the motor needs to be spun in order to run. Turns out this is a somewhat normal issue with Novak and the Havoc Pro SC. So I sent the unit back to Novak for warranty repair, but because I was not the original owner I could not get it repaired under the reman warranty. So I made a claim through paypal for review. I have tried to work with the seller by even asking him to send the esc to Novak to comply with the warranty stipulations then send it back to me, but he wants me to resolve the claim with paypal before he does that.

It is unfortunate it has come to this. So I am waiting to hear from Paypal on the review for refund.

The seller lacks integrity and is miss leading by what he described and what he sold. He is unwilling to accept responsibility that he sold a bad item and can easily have it fixed and resell it. It is possible the seller did not know the esc had an issue. Only he knows the truth on that subject, but it is the lack of integrity that he shows that has upset me. He still try's to blame me that I did something to it. It came to me with the motor soldered and I installed it into my truck and from the word go the unit did not work.

So buyers beware of tremont18.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Why no neg. feedback?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml View Post
Why no neg. feedback?
Because there shouldn't be any YET. There's still a chance for the two of them to come to a compromise before PayPal decides what they're going to do. It's not likely but it might happen.

NO feedback should be left for ANY deal until BOTH parties are satisfied or a resolution has been made, either by those involved or through a PP dispute.

All I'm going to say is that more and more feedback is being left the way it is.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 AM

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

The original post says the seller misrepresented the item, and is lacking integrity, and is placing blame on the buyer. That would suggest, regardless of outcome, the person is not honest nor helpful. In my opinion, that is not the type of person that I would want to deal with, and a neg feedback would give me some indicator of what I am dealing with.

If a neg is not deserved, in my opinion, then this thread would have no merit and was completely not necessary. But I guess we will all know more since he has sold a few more items in the past few days.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1
Old 04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml View Post
The original post says the seller misrepresented the item, and is lacking integrity, and is placing blame on the buyer. That would suggest, regardless of outcome, the person is not honest nor helpful. In my opinion, that is not the type of person that I would want to deal with, and a neg feedback would give me some indicator of what I am dealing with.

If a neg is not deserved, in my opinion, then this thread would have no merit and was completely not necessary. But I guess we will all know more since he has sold a few more items in the past few days.
+2 on that. Regardless of the outcome, IMHO the seller deserves a negative, even if the solution to repair or refund is reached.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just my thoughts on it..

Novak warranty is all online and through the mail. If you send it in with a copy of the receipt, they have no idea who it was that bought it. Ethically this is against their apparent non-transferrable warranty (was not aware this was the case), but ethically, Novak's quality control on ESC's is quite questionable as well.

Also, not knowing the full story, I have seen Novak's brand new installed and poof or otherwise blow up. I have also had used ones work just fine. The seller could have sold you a bad one, or it could have been good until you plugged it in the first time. Not assigning blame, but electronics are electronics.

I would just send the ESC in for warranty with your paperwork, get your replacement, and be done with it. That you have the paperwork and it is still in the warranty period is better then most people get. I am not sure the attitude of the seller, but I know if I sold electronics that were working, and the buyer now wanted me to pay for 4 way shipping (buyer to me, me to Novak, Novak to me, me to buyer) I would be a little hesitant as well, especially if I included the paperwork so that the buyer could do it themselves.

Just me, and not aware of all the facts or sides in this.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

If it's a reman. unit Novak knows who they sold it to based on the serial number. So sending it in with different buyer info wouldn't work. IIRC

tough fix either way.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Yea but seller never sad it was remaned? So misleading does not get a neg feed back?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So you have his name. Send it in with his name and a new shipping address. people do move all the time, and moving does not void any warranty that I know of.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by snipersnightmar View Post
Yea but seller never sad it was remaned? So misleading does not get a neg feed back?
I never said he didn't deserve a negative feedback, I said WAIT.

I can think of situations in this deal that range from positive all the way to a negative. Depending on how the two of them would work it out, and the communication between the two of them.