Anyone know rdrasher?

Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Anyone know rdrasher?

He scammed my son out of $160 on a deal they did here on RCTech.

Any info would be great.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe you can ask the mods, they can see contactdetails of members. Hope for your son this will be solved quickly. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Regardless if anyone knows him, you're going to have to give a lot more details including links to the item in question. Pretty hard for anyone to help you when you don't give any info.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

You sold to a member that only had 2 postings on this site? How about letting members know exactly how your son got taken as part of the problem was trusting a new member and his method of payment. With any online deal whether it's here, eBay or any other place it's always buyer beware.
It was easy to look him up in here, I just used the Advanced Search button above.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...er-152538.html
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Links, more info would help.

As Ron Olson already pointed out, if your son did a deal with a brand new member with 0 feedback, ouch.

$160 might be cheap tuition for that life lesson.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Moderators can see things that the general membership can't like his Internet Protocol number which can trace him down. You should already have some info on this clown seeing how you should have been in contact with him so any information that they could give you wouldn't be any more than what you currently do, probably less.
The site that I moderated on was RC Universe who is owned Internet Brands who also owns this site so I do have an idea of how things work behind the curtain.

Trust. The hardest thing to get and the easiest thing to lose.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

I dont have the for sale thread info. I will ask my son to find it for me later. What happened is he sold this guy an sc10. The guy paid with PP. He shipped to the confirmed PP address. A couple days later the guy emails him and tells him "hey i moved dont ship to my PP address". He said "to late its already been shipped". A couple days go by and the guy wants his money back says hes never gonna get it, he doesnt live there anymore. My son checked the story with usps tracking info and it showed that it was in fact being returned to the sender. He refunded the money. After a week and a half go by and it doesnt show back up we called USPS. they said it could take 3 weeks to get back and that we had to wait that long before we could do anything about it. 3 weeks go by and it still doesnt show up. I called and they said they would open a case to find it and that I would hear from someone within a day. I didnt hear back 3 days later I call back. This time they tell me they are escalating the case and give me a case number and tell me to call another number and give them the case number. I did that and they tell me that it probably wont come back. They dont ship that stuff back because they wont get paid for the return shipping that it just gets thrown out. We did send it parcel post with delivery confirmation. I have lost all faith in USPS and will NEVER EVER ship anything of value with them again. If they had told me rite from the get go that it would be returned I could have probably called the post office and got it back. Not a month later though. If anyone can help with this that would be great.

Last edited by racer1812; 05-04-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBBSRACING View Post
I dont have the for sale thread info. I will ask my son to find it for me later. What happened is he sold this guy an sc10. The guy paid with PP. He shipped to the confirmed PP address. A couple days later the guy emails him and tells him "hey i moved dont ship to my PP address". He said "to late its already been shipped". A couple days go by and the guy wants his money back says hes never gonna get it, he doesnt live there anymore. My son checked the story with usps tracking info and it showed that it was in fact being returned to the sender. He refunded the money. After a week and a half go by and it doesnt show back up we called USPS. they said it could take 3 weeks to get back and that we had to wait that long before we could do anything about it. 3 weeks go by and it still doesnt show up. I called and they said they would open a case to find it and that I would hear from someone within a day. I didnt hear back 3 days later I call back. This time they tell me they are escalating the case and give me a case number and tell me to call another number and give them the case number. I did that and they tell me that it probably wont come back. They dont ship that stuff back because they wont get paid for the return shipping that it just gets thrown out. We did send it parcel post with delivery confirmation. I have lost all faith in USPS and will NEVER EVER ship anything of value with them again. If they had told me rite from the get go that it would be returned I could have probably called the post office and got it back. Not a month later though. If anyone can help with this that would be great.

Sounds like a very crappy situation, and yes the buyer should have checked the address it was being shipped to, that part is his fault.

However it sounds like your grip is with USPS not the buyer, they are the ones that lost the package. What do you expect the buyer to do? Pay back the money you refunded, for an item he never got, because USPS lost it on its way back to you? Sorry, but i wouldnt do that either. Its not the buyers fault USPS lost the package.
Very poor customer service from USPS. I guess this is a lesson to always get insurance on packages shipped by them. Or just dont use them altogether.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

First mistake, never give a refund until you have the item back, period.

Had you not given a refund and made the buyer file a claim with PP they may have sided with you because he moved, not sure, never seen a case like this personally.

Either way I think you're screwed. You gave the guy his money back and then USPS did the rest.

fyi, don't post ANY personal info, that needs to stay in PM's.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Don't bother looking for the FS thread, I looked at it and there's nothing in it that has to do with your problem anyway.

Yes the buyer started the whole mess but from that point on your actions screwed yourself.

Crappy USPS policy IMO.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Call the post master general in your area. What you're being told is BS. The Post Office would attempt to send it back and hold it in your home town's Post Office requiring you to come down and pay additional postage to get your item back. I had something very similar happen to me.

My situation was the seller put the addresses on the box wrong (ship to in upper left corner (labeled ship to no less) and Ship From on the center) but the post office basically shipped it back to him. To avoid paying reshipping charges, he "refused" the package thinking it would then be sent to me. Well my home town post office saw "REFUSED" all over the box and took it as I refused the package even though it never made it to my door.

USPS sends all undeliverable packages down to their site in Georgia and hold there until a claim is filed. Once a claim is filed, it takes 3-6 weeks (up to anyway) for it to be found and resent to your home address but usually with additional postage charges.

Call a different person in your post office. I never had to fill out one piece of paperwork, an AWESOME postal worker handled the whole thing for me, including calling me with every update. I got the box back in 2 weeks but had to pay $14 in extra shipping.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

^^^ good info to have, thanks for trying to help this guy out.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the info. I have spent at least 3-4 hours on the phone with people from USPS. There are 2 post offices in my town i tried working with both of them and ended getting no where. I worked with 2 post offices in the Lake Worth Florida area that the package was mailed to. Again basically got no where. I also spent a bunch of time on the phone with some Consumer Protection Dept within the post office and still nothing. Bottom line is that no one really knows what happened to the package after it was scanned on April 10th.

Theres no doubt that my son made the mistakes here that caused him to be where he is, but the guy buying it should have told him up front NOT to ship to his PP address. As far as giving the money back. Personally I wouldnt have either until I got the truck back. But when you look on the USPS website and it says that the package is being returned to the sender, you would think it is somewhat safe to do so.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I've had similar troubles with them. I wrote a thread about it a while back, it's interesting to see how long the package was in "limbo" before finally being sent back to me

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...t-trusted.html

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...91401538054074

I have no doubt that one of these years USPS will simply be gone altogether.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.