8thscaleOG - I think he's scamming me

Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 8thscaleOG - I think he's scamming me

I purchased a Cobra Stock Comm Lathe through this site, paying with Paypal on 3/28/12. As of 4/5/12, no lathe and no tracking number as promised. After 2 requests including a rather sternly worded request, he refuses to answer me forcing me to open a dispute with Paypal. I have given him 24 hours to provide me with a tracking number or a refund through Paypal before I escalate to claim status.

Should he indeed hold up his end of the deal, I will be more than happy to edit or delete this thread and do whatever I can to assist in restoring his good name but for now, I can't help but think this person has no intentions of sending me the lathe.

Don't get mad at me, OG. You pushed me into this. Show me a tracking number for the already shipped lathe or if you haven't sent it, refund my money. It's that simple.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Lo and behold, isn't it amazing what speed initiating a Paypal dispute gets the most close-mouthed individuals to open up and sing like a canary. Amazingly surprising as it is ( ), according to Mr. OG, the lathe has indeed not been shipped. And yet he expresses surprise and dismay that I would take such action. As I observed to him, it's amazing the speed and efficiency he accepted my Paypal transaction and got the money into his account.

He has been advised to NOT send out the lathe and instead just refund my money. We will see what progresses from here.

Let this be a lesson to all who read this and are in the middle of a similar issue or those who may find themselves in a similar situation in the future:

If you smell a rat, DO NOT hesitate to initiate a dispute with Paypal. That's why they have that resource. It does not make you a bad person. After all, it's YOUR money until you have the product in the condition it was promised you in.

As I explained to Mr. OG, it may not be a lot of money but it IS my money and I don't like it being played with.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well said catfish. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 352 (100%+)

ahhh

Last edited by flat6; 04-12-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

when i sell something soon as the Buyer pays i box it up and print postage for next moring mail to run, and if it is early enough i make the post office the same day.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just was pointed to this by a friend... This is a great story, to bad its not true. The $30 dollar lathe was shipped.. Catfish took approximately a month to actually pay for the lathe after apologizing to me for slow payment because he was waiting on a tax return. then decides to flip out because i didnt run down and immediately send his package to his satisfaction. Ill post some more incriminating evidence shortly. BTW, You guys should remember there is always two sides to a story before chirping in on a one sided story you dont know anything about.. Stay tuned.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is a little hypocrisy from Mr. Catfish..

OG,
Still waiting for payment, will ship as soon as it hits..[/B]

Mr. Catfish reply,
Dammit, I knew I forgot to get with someone. Please forgive me. I'm getting the equipment together for 3 cars now (the kids decided they want to race now) and I have so many different purchases, auctions i'm finalizing that obviously yours got lost in the shuffle. My apologies again. I'm looking to send payment to everyone NLT 2/10/12. Please forgive the lack of communication. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Catfish

Old 04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So how long after payment was received did you ship it?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 AM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catogtp View Post
So how long after payment was received did you ship it?
Curious to know that as well, just because the buyer took forever to pay doesn't give the seller the right to do the same........ It was your choice to wait for him to pay that long so no need to be pissed at him about it.................Not taking sides, just saying
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Aint this rich? Not true? What parts aren't true?

Did I not CLEARLY explain the delay in payment?
Did you NOT tell me, "No rush, it's just sitting here?"
Did I NOT after confirming with you that you had indeed sent an invoice pay it immediately?
Did you NOT promise to send it out immediately after payment was received?
Did you NOT promise a tracking number?
Did you NOT take payment on 3/28?
Did you NOT tell me on 4/5 you had forgotten to send it, would first thing the next day and PM me a tracking number?
Did you NOT ignore 2 PM's at 7:49 and 9:11 PM local time on 4/9 asking for the promised tracking number?
Did you NOT wait until I initiated a complaint with Paypal to finally ship the lathe?

People in California really do have a weird way of interpreting truth. And to think, I go looking for this thread to edit or delete it as promised since I finally received my lathe ( arriving in record time once it finally shipped and very well packaged ) and I see this assclown has actually tried to justify his action or more specifically, his inaction until I got Paypal involved.

Hardly hypocrisy on my side. I clearly communicated with this person all along the way. HE was the one that chose to ignore repeated PM's asking for a promised tracking number. HE's the one that promised to send it out on 3/28 with a promised tracking number yet when I asked him for the tracking number never provided up until 4/5, HE's the one that said "Oh, damb. My bad. Will go out tomorrow first thing and I'll send you a tracking number."

Never did. BUT, he sure didn't waste his time in taking the money...

It wasn't until I DID indeed file a claim with Paypal that AMAZINGLY the Red sea parted and the stuff was shipped the next day Priority Express mail.

Mr. OG, the bottom line of all this is: You would have NEVER heard a peep out of me had you not ignored my PM's when you visited the site. You see, on your User profile page accessible to other members of the site it shows the date and time of your last visit to the site. 3 TIMES you came to the site and didn't respond to PM's you had received that were merely asking for information YOU promised YOU would furnish.

That's OK. I know. People often get maddest when they know they are wrong and clearly you are mad because you and I both know you are the wrong one in this case and you are lashing out because your pride/ego is hurt by being called out the way you have been.

No worries. I received the lathe seemingly in great condition with what looks like a brand new diamond tip and it was indeed packaged well. I even left you positive feedback I was so grateful for the new tip.

Second post position remains clear. When you are the buyer and feel you are being misled, do NOT hesitate to initiate a claim with Paypal.

It certainly got the lead out of this guy's ass.

Last edited by Catfish12c; 04-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catfish12c View Post
Aint this rich? Not true? What parts aren't true?

Did I not CLEARLY explain the delay in payment?
Did you NOT tell me, "No rush, it's just sitting here?"
Did I NOT after confirming with you that you had indeed sent an invoice pay it immediately?
Did you NOT promise to send it out immediately after payment was received?
Did you NOT promise a tracking number?
Did you NOT take payment on 3/28?
Did you NOT tell me on 4/5 you had forgotten to send it, would first thing the next day and PM me a tracking number?
Did you NOT ignore 2 PM's at 7:49 and 9:11 PM local time on 4/9 asking for the promised tracking number?
Did you NOT wait until I initiated a complaint with Paypal to finally ship the lathe?

People in California really do have a weird way of interpreting truth. And to think, I go looking for this thread to edit or delete it as promised since I finally received my lathe ( arriving in record time once it finally shipped and very well packaged ) and I see this assclown has actually tried to justify his action or more specifically, his inaction until I got Paypal involved.

Hardly hypocrisy on my side. I clearly communicated with this person all along the way. HE was the one that chose to ignore repeated PM's asking for a promised tracking number. HE's the one that promised to send it out on 3/28 with a promised tracking number yet when I asked him for the tracking number never provided up until 4/5, HE's the one that said "Oh, damb. My bad. Will go out tomorrow first thing and I'll send you a tracking number."

Never did. BUT, he sure didn't waste his time in taking the money...

It wasn't until I DID indeed file a claim with Paypal that AMAZINGLY the Red sea parted and the stuff was shipped the next day Priority Express mail.

Mr. OG, the bottom line of all this is: You would have NEVER heard a peep out of me had you not ignored my PM's when you visited the site. You see, on your User profile page accessible to other members of the site it shows the date and time of your last visit to the site. 3 TIMES you came to the site and didn't respond to PM's you had received that were merely asking for information YOU promised YOU would furnish.

That's OK. I know. People often get maddest when they know they are wrong and clearly you are mad because you and I both know you are the wrong one in this case and you are lashing out because your pride/ego is hurt by being called out the way you have been.

No worries. I received the lathe seemingly in great condition with what looks like a brand new diamond tip and it was indeed packaged well. I even left you positive feedback I was so grateful for the new tip.

Second post position remains clear. When you are the buyer and feel you are being misled, do NOT hesitate to initiate a claim with Paypal.

It certainly got the lead out of this guy's ass.
Ok lets keep it between you and the seller, seriously no need to state that about calif., its like if we said people from FL take forever to pay.......
Old 04-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)

time for a thread lock.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Deal is done. I don't see anything more than bickering coming from leaving this open.